The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I just hope Jack and Mings dont get scapegoated for England's inevitable disappointment.

Ming's is already being lined up before a ball has been kicked. Apparently he is a Sunday League player with a left foot reading Twitter. 

All the journalists jumping in too saying we can't trust Mings, and have to play Shaw/Walker/anyone else out of position in a 3 instead.

All very frustrating, every CB we have taken is liable to a mistake, including golden boy Maguire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

England haven't got much choice but to play with two DMs as that's all that's available, try playing with Mount and Grealish as part of a midfield three and any half decent team would take advantage as it would leave England too exposed in the middle of the park, would be like Villa trying to play Grealish and Buendia as part of a midfield three, teams would just walk through us.

Bellingham is the only player that really allows England to play with just one DM, as he's box to box, him alongside Rice, and Mount is probably the best central midfield, put Grealish out wide, but if Grealish isn't used out wide I'd have him in midfied ahead of Mount.

I don't agree with this. Mount has played for Chelski as an "8" and is very capable in that role.  Even when he has played as a more offensive role he still does defensive work.  Equally, Jack has played as an "8" for us in the past in a 4-3-3 and has done really well with decent defensive work, although I prefer to see him operate further forward.  I do agree that Bellingham has looked decent in that role as well and looks like a great talent for such a young kid! 

So much offensive talent, its just a shame that Safegate doesn't know how to use it and has tried to play more progressive football in the build up to get his formation/combinations right going into this tournament.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

Ming's is already being lined up before a ball has been kicked. Apparently he is a Sunday League player with a left foot reading Twitter. 

All the journalists jumping in too saying we can't trust Mings, and have to play Shaw/Walker/anyone else out of position in a 3 instead.

All very frustrating, every CB we have taken is liable to a mistake, including golden boy Maguire.

He'll never have a better stage to disprove this assessment though.  🤞 he can get through a tournament without an brain freezes.  If he can just keep his head on the game and not get tangled up with any opposition attackers, he could show them all that he has the lot.

10 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He'll never have a better stage to disprove this assessment though.  🤞 he can get through a tournament without an brain freezes.  If he can just keep his head on the game and not get tangled up with any opposition attackers, he could show them all that he has the lot.

If, and it's a big if, Southgate gives him the chance. For me he has to play 4 at the back, all the players play in a four for the club teams.

I hate this round peg, square holes thing he seems to do all the time. Was the same when he kept talking up Trent as a right Midfielder, if Klopp doesn't then Southgate shouldn't either!

Not sure if Grealish has played as an '8' as such for us, maybe in the championship, but even then I'm not sure if you could say he was playing as a true '8'.

Mount has played more of a traditional central midfielder for Chelsea this season, but he's still been playing as an attacking midfielder for the most part, not a '8' or a box to box midfielder, usually he's plays ahead Kante and Jorginho, or Kante and Kovacic, which allows him to concentrate on the attacking side of the game knowing he's got those more defensive minded players behind him.

Playing Mount and Grealish in a central midfield three would be naive to the exreme, needs to be one or the other alongside either two DMs. or one DM and Bellingham. Would be better if Bellingham wasn't the only box to box midfield in the squad.

On 09/06/2021 at 20:21, useless said:

At somewhere like Man City he can triple his wages, play with some of the best players in the world for one of the best teams in the world and some might say for one of the best managers in the world, and he'd also be challenging for titles, domestic cups, and the European Cup with a realistic chance of winning any one of them, he could win more trophies next season than we've won as a club in the last thirty plus years. So I don't think we can rule out the possibility of him leaving.

Everyone seems to completely sidestep the fact we would have to accept a bid, as if that’s a foregone conclusion when it’s by far the least likely aspect to this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure if Grealish has played as an '8' as such for us, maybe in the championship, but even then I'm not sure if you could say he was playing as a true '8'.

Mount has played more of a traditional central midfielder for Chelsea this season, but he's still been playing as an attacking midfielder for the most part, not a '8' or a box to box midfielder, usually he's plays ahead Kante and Jorginho, or Kante and Kovacic, which allows him to concentrate on the attacking side of the game knowing he's got those more defensive minded players behind him.

Playing Mount and Grealish in a central midfield three would be naive to the exreme, needs to be one or the other alongside either two DMs. or one DM and Bellingham. Would be better if Bellingham wasn't the only box to box midfield in the squad.

I think England should play 4231

You have Rice and Mount in the 2, Jack, Foden and another (I’d go Sancho, but could easily do Rashford or Sterling) in the 3 behind Kane.

I don't think it's at all bad that Sterling starts ahead of Jack - if Sterling deserves to start then pressure's on him to perform. He performs then that's good for England. He **** the dog then it's good for Jack, who you would think comes on and takes his chance. He could easily end up billed as England's saviour, whilst forgiven should England crash out, because Southgate got his selection wrong in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Tez500 said:

If, and it's a big if, Southgate gives him the chance. For me he has to play 4 at the back, all the players play in a four for the club teams.

I hate this round peg, square holes thing he seems to do all the time. Was the same when he kept talking up Trent as a right Midfielder, if Klopp doesn't then Southgate shouldn't either!

I don't want him to play 3 CBs but Coady plays in a three for Wolves and, arguably, is not suited to a four and Walker has played on the right side of a three for England a number of times. 

I think we can play it, especially as we have players in Chilwell and James who are used to playing as wing backs and good at it.  Equally, if he plays Jack on the LW and Foden on the RW (both inverted) this would open up space for Chilwell and James.  But if he does play 3 CBs I would only want one sitter in Rice and he would have to a more progressive player - Bellingham or Mount - alongside otherwise it looks really stodgy.

Can you imagine an England team that doesn’t have this current version of Jack Grealish in it, lunacy!

Imagine not putting one of the best players in the country in the starting 11. 

How good must the other players be!?

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Rashford, Sancho and Sterling not bad players tbf

Not bad is about right. Do you think that Jack is worse than not bad? Additionally Sterling and Rashford are both out of form. 

• Like 1

Â