The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Was nice to hear the boro fans singing the Jackie grealish song, the press can attempt to stop the inevitable but we all know Jack is an unstoppable force. If we do well in the Euros than Jack will be at the center of it. My feeling is he will dig Southgate out of a hole he has created by not playing him in the first games. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, tinker said:

Was nice to hear the boro fans singing the Jackie grealish song, the press can attempt to stop the inevitable but we all know Jack is an unstoppable force. If we do well in the Euros than Jack will be at the center of it. My feeling is he will dig Southgate out of a hole he has created by not playing him in the first games. 

You just know Grealish is not starting the first game for some unbeknownst reason that only Southgate could fathom.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You just know Grealish is not starting the first game for some unbeknownst reason that only Southgate could fathom.

"still recovering match fitness after his injury" I imagine. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I swear some of you lot won't be happy until Southgate gets Grealish's face tatooed on his own face.

He doesn't play Jack, people have a tantrum. He plays him, but it's not long enough. Or it's too long and he shouldn't risk injuring him!

In the lead up to every match there's a meltdown that our lad might not play because Southgate's a sinister **** just out to get us. Then he plays and nobody mentions their previous tantrum. Get a **** grip and act like adults instead of a bunch of teenage girls obsessing over a boyband.

Oooo GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I swear some of you lot won't be happy until Southgate gets Grealish's face tatooed on his own face.

He doesn't play Jack, people have a tantrum. He plays him, but it's not long enough. Or it's too long and he shouldn't risk injuring him!

In the lead up to every match there's a meltdown that our lad might not play because Southgate's a sinister **** just out to get us. Then he plays and nobody mentions their previous tantrum. Get a **** grip and act like adults instead of a bunch of teenage girls obsessing over a boyband.

Everything you’ve said is totally fair, but it happens so rarely for us to have one of the stand out players, I think just let people enjoy having someone to fanboy over.

Well if this ends up being the case that likely means Grealish back on the bench. Mental. 

Grealish should be one of the first names on the sheet but Southgate is going to stop Jackamania for the waste of space Sterling. 

Sterling has the experience, he played in a champions league final!! He was shit in that final and did nothing but he still played in it... 

England will never change 

Experience means more than form, experience gained from playing for the top clubs is worth double what it is playing for other clubs, experience playing for England is worth it's weight in gold

Its how Glen Johnson got 54 caps despite not being good enough in cap 1, we do it time and time again 

As a tactic it says to me Gareth will sacrifice possession in midfield and try and play in behind them with pace, I think it'll work but it'll be a shit game to watch 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Well if this ends up being the case that likely means Grealish back on the bench. Mental. 

Grealish should be one of the first names on the sheet but Southgate is going to stop Jackamania for the waste of space Sterling. 

It's gonna be counter attacking FC then. 

A very basic strategy amateur coaches fall back on. Very effective and barely any coaching required. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It'll be Sterling and Rashford starting. Guaranteed. 

Jack will get his chance though - he'll shine like Platt in 90.

• Like 1

if the choice is mount or jack at 10, then jack all day.

if the choice is jack or sterling left side, then jack all day.

I'd play foden ahead of jack on the right maybe, but no-one thinks jack is a right winger though do they?

mount can play behind with rice, the england side should be built around grealish. like it shoudl have been built around gazza and le tissier!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

if the choice is mount or jack at 10, then jack all day.

if the choice is jack or sterling left side, then jack all day.

I'd play foden ahead of jack on the right maybe, but no-one thinks jack is a right winger though do they?

mount can play behind with rice, the england side should be built around grealish. like it shoudl have been built around gazza and le tissier!

This... everyone says Mount and Foden are must starts but Jack is better than both of them. I think Foden has a huge future ahead of him and he’s a great player but he’s done nowt in an England shirt yet. Jack is the player who has to start. 

I’d really go for it and play Foden and Mount ahead of Rice with Jack in his best position on the left and Sterling or Rashford on the right. Think we’d rip teams up with that team and I believe Mount and Foden both have the legs to press well enough to avoid it being a car crash defensively. 

I thought the whole appeal of Southgate was that he picked players on merit, which made him so different from all the previous England managers? Forget about Jack, Sterling has been in poor form for quite a while and does not deserve to be in the team at all. Foden, Jack, Sancho and even Rashford have been better.

• Like 1

Strange that Southgate called the moderator at City Xtra to let them know what the lineup will be on Sunday but only mentioned the 1 player, wonder why he didn't mention the rest of the team when they spoke 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I thought the whole appeal of Southgate was that he picked players on merit, which made him so different from all the previous England managers? Forget about Jack, Sterling has been in poor form for quite a while and does not deserve to be in the team at all. Foden, Jack, Sancho and even Rashford have been better.

That was Southgate’s claim when he got the job. He hasn’t lived up to his word so far, or Ollie would’ve got his call up. I’m fully expecting Sterling, Mount and Rashford behind Kane. Predictable, top 4 players who have the ‘experience’. How any players will get any experience being left on the bench I’ll never know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weedman said:

Strange that Southgate called the moderator at City Xtra to let them know what the lineup will be on Sunday but only mentioned the 1 player, wonder why he didn't mention the rest of the team when they spoke 

Or he did and they're (the Daily Heil journalist quoted by City Xtra, their version of villareport I guess) just drip-feeding information to generate more clicks.

Â