The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats disgraceful usually the Guardian Football is a bit better, i wonder did Kyle Walker mention his parties or Pickford for injuring Van Dijk 

Actually was it written by Barry Glendenning? He hates Jack

I don’t get how these idiots get paid to write about football - the bio for Mings is about his career in the lower leagues. 

I think they ^^ are right that Jack won't start, but the longer it goes on with Sterling running around like a headless chicken, the calls for him to come on will get louder.  I expect Jack to be a late 3rd sub and get 10 minutes which will probably see him try a bit too hard to make something happen.  Hopefully he will get a proper chance later in the tournament and will put in an undroppable performance.

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

I think they ^^ are right that Jack won't start, but the longer it goes on with Sterling running around like a headless chicken, the calls for him to come on will get louder.  I expect Jack to be a late 3rd sub and get 10 minutes which will probably see him try a bit too hard to make something happen.  Hopefully he will get a proper chance later in the tournament and will put in an undroppable performance.

I can see him starting the final group game and lighting it up. I’ll be surprised if he gets 20 minutes against Croatia. I’m crossing my fingers Southgate has clued up but I won’t be holding my breath.

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether I want him to start or not. I love Jack as a player and he absolutely should be the first or second name on the England team sheet BUT if he were and smashed it would that mean it would be even more likely that Citeh would come calling.  Equally, if he doesn't play does he think he has to move to Citeh to get in to the England starting XI.  Very confused about this!! 🤔😡 

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm not sure whether I want him to start or not. I love Jack as a player and he absolutely should be the first or second name on the England team sheet BUT if he were and smashed it would that mean it would be even more likely that Citeh would come calling.  Equally, if he doesn't play does he think he has to move to Citeh to get in to the England starting XI.  Very confused about this!! 🤔😡 

I'm absolutely convinced we won't get past the last 16 anyway. Particularly with Southgate inevitably playing his favourites / playing players out of position to accommodate. 

So, as a Villa fan I'd much rather Jack was sat at home or on a Portuguese beach resting for next season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Thats disgraceful usually the Guardian Football is a bit better, i wonder did Kyle Walker mention his parties or Pickford for injuring Van Dijk 

Actually was it written by Barry Glendenning? He hates Jack

Hes Irish so yeah. 

• Like 1

I know there are 11 players to one sides team but it really does feel from last couple of games that Grealish is the one that could be saving Southgate a job.

There was just nothing the other night and the only bit of Creative play came from our boy Jack.

I think England are looking flat and you could even see it from other frontline players that even when Watkins came on he to spiced things up. I think Southgate has got his selection process all wrong.

And I see there is more and more bloody talking of Grealish being interested in signing for Man City. Honestly these media Journos are ridiculous at spinning story's and making up a story. Apparently Jack's anonymous invisible friend is back saying that Jack is keen on a move.

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

I don’t think any of them can be trusted. It’s an ageing medium, they all sensationalise every headline they can to keep going.

if only they were as reliable as new medium such as facebook or twitter

• Haha 1

Remember when gabby on talksport likened his running with the ball to iniesta and the media removed the context letting people have a free pop at same old stupid agbonlahor... 

I haven't seen the context but Jose just likened him to Luis Figo 

Also when naming his starting 11 vs Croatia he called him untouchable along with kane 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The Guardian wrote a summary of every player at the tournament and wrote this about Jack:

“Grealish’s performances this season have been good enough to force the initially reticent Gareth Southgate to select him, and for West Ham’s David Moyes to describe him as “probably the best player in the league right now” in February. Defenders find him troublesome enough for him to have retained his title as the Premier League’s most fouled player despite his missing a third of it with a shin injury. Critics might say this statistic is boosted by occasional diving, though a greater problem for Grealish is careless driving, for which he received a nine-month ban in December.”

Pathetic really when you compare it to the write up of others in the squad alone. 

That's disgusting from the media.

One there is no need to drag the past back up like that and two it's just disgusting to talk about a player like that who obviously went through a rough patch.

What are they trying to do? Are they trying to get into his head while the tournament is active so he plays crap. I know Jack is the talked about thing, but there is just some things that are better left not said. This media in the UK do they not have any shame or have any respect for anyone, why would you bring someone's past up when they are moving forward in life or trying to.

It's like no one is happy unless they are dragging someone down in someway in life.

12 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Exactly my thoughts. Him lifting the fa cup aloft with 40,000 villa fans cheering will keep him here I think for  as long as we are floating around the top 6 or 7 clubs and getting bites at Europe and of course he stays in the England team.

Devil's advocate: Could work both ways. He could think "OK, I've kept my bargain with the Villa, reached this peak, now it's time to move on to a new challenge". 

But all that is in a hypothetical future, let's enjoy the ride for now. 

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

That’s poor, what on earth has his driving ban got to do with anything at this tournament?! 

I think it’s just an attempt at a diving/driving pun - just badly and clumsily written so it isn’t funny. I can see what they are trying for but it just looks awkward on the page.

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think it’s just an attempt at a diving/driving pun - just badly and clumsily written so it isn’t funny. I can see what they are trying for but it just looks awkward on the page.

Now I get it, don't worry about his diving, worry about his driving 

kanye west laughing GIF

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Also if he starts against Croatia and we struggle then does Southgate drop him and he has a miserable summer? Part of me is happy with the idea of him playing his way in as the tournament progresses. Either way I think Southgate’s focus will be getting 7/10 defensive players on the pitch and trying to keep it tight.

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That's disgusting from the media.

One there is no need to drag the past back up like that and two it's just disgusting to talk about a player like that who obviously went through a rough patch.

What are they trying to do? Are they trying to get into his head while the tournament is active so he plays crap. I know Jack is the talked about thing, but there is just some things that are better left not said. This media in the UK do they not have any shame or have any respect for anyone, why would you bring someone's past up when they are moving forward in life or trying to.

It's like no one is happy unless they are dragging someone down in someway in life.

I am not surprised by the actions of the press anymore. The press in this country moan like hell that we never win anything as a country at major tournaments, then proceed to do everything possible to undermine our chances of winning a major tournament.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Hes Irish so yeah. 

yeah but he doesnt seem to have the same dislike for Rice as much. He also doesnt complain when we took players from Northern Ireland or other nations. Guy is a clearing in the woods

• Like 1

Â