The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack has to be the most begged for player by fans of other clubs in history. Never seen anything like it. That goes for the rags too. They all are either that ignorant to actually take a closer look into whats been going on at Villa, or they do know, and just hate seeing us making all the right moves and want to derail it. It’s infuriating

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Jack has to be the most begged for player by fans of other clubs in history. Never seen anything like it. That goes for the rags too. They all are either that ignorant to actually take a closer look into whats been going on at Villa, or they do know, and just hate seeing us making all the right moves and want to derail it. It’s infuriating

Try to pay it absolutely no attention; I'll bet that's what Jack does

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Clueless to what's actually going on here if you read any other fan forums

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The latest BS rumour about Jack and Man City comes from Football Insider - those idiots who said we’d be bidding upwards of £30-40m for Chris Wood. 

Football ‘Nuno to Villa’ Insider.

They’re never wrong.

39 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Outside of the “big six” the media know F all about any other club. When it comes to Villa and Jack, the only things they know is Jack, Ty and Ollie play for us, Jack gets fouled a lot, he has short socks and massive calf’s. 

I remember last summer,  a lot of pundits were trying to claim Jack was a childhood manure supporter, just for a lazy transfer link  

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Edited by CarryOnVilla

59 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Like when Totti had his first couple of blinding seasons for Roma, there were a few summers after that when it was all about Totti going elsewhere. Eventually the press et al got the message though. Let's all hope Jack's ties with the Villa are as strong and that he can get his success in our shirt a few years down the line.

• Like 2

No one here does I know, but if people have any doubts about Jack then they simply aren't concentrating properly.

Every level he's every been tested at he's quickly risen to be the best at that level.

Now he's got into the England team and been MOTM in almost every appearance.

He's played both warm-ups and been MOTM even though he can't run for longer than 30 mins.

He has succeeded consistently in spite of poor management, low-ability teammates, referees not giving him protection. There's simply no stopping him if he stays fit.

No doubts in my mind England could win the Euros, and if they do, Jack will probably be the one winning player of the tournament.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/05/2018 at 12:09, A'Villan said:

Do not agree that he will regress, he is 22, his body is half a decade away from its prime and his mind and nous possibly a decade if all goes reasonably well.

He will only continue to improve by the standards he sets himself and the work that he puts in, it would take one very toxic environment or a poor coach for Jack to regress.

Others around him will determine how far the team can go, which is what it's all about, so I can understand the incentive to take on a new challenge.

That said there is a very real and unaccomplished challenge right here at this club.

I believe, due in part to the size of the club, but also depending on the right decisions being made, that there will be a challenge for Jack to improve on here for the rest of his career.

On 22/06/2018 at 13:47, A'Villan said:

I know Jack is coming of age now and is ready for the challenges of the Premier League, as well as having done his time in the Championship and proving he is a cut above.

I am aware that I have my claret and blue shades on when I approach this discussion, however I still think the following is true.

Jack will not regress like some claim by spending another season in the Championship, I would argue that the leadership role he has at Villa combined with the fact it's his club will serve up challenges for him to improve and he will have the motivation to rise up and meet them head on.

Then you consider his position at Spurs or Liverpool. Both would be a considerable upgrade no doubt. The chance to work with Pochettino or Klopp alone should be considered, not to mention the pay rise and quality of competition within the squad.

It's the next step to see if he can cut it at the top, and it is a big step. Chance of a lifetime, as both clubs (Spurs & Liverpool) will see his potential, whether it works out for the best is something entirely different.

Without having watched a lot of fixtures outside our own, I'm going to make the assumption that Jack was the best player in the Championship last season, I could be wrong on that, in any case, it's a level he is proven at, and that will provide a platform for him to develop his game should he decide to spend another season there. I think he can cut it at the top level now, but another season in the Championship would only solidify skills further in preparation for his inevitable return to the top division.

Writing about some of my own experience with team sport has solidified how good I think Jack is going to be. He's been involved in junior international squads and from a club perspective has basically matched the efforts of David Silva and Phillipe Coutinho in regards to first team performances for his age. They perhaps were playing for better teams but Silva didn't make it to the Premier League until 25, Jack was 18. Silva was playing in the Spanish 2nd division at 19. The significant difference between them is both Coutinho and Silva were bought for the starting XI. Something I would be slightly surprised to see in Jack's case.

You just simply have to look at the football he plays though and if he can take that to the next level then he is right among them. Should he keep putting in the work on his game and fitness he can be an absolute pearl.

Lord knows I talk some out there ideas on this forum. Got shot down for this one, especially when I said he'd reach David Silva level of contributions.

The boys coming of age and that vision came to be true enough. What a wonderful craftsmen we have, long may he continue to hone his abilities and allow us to dream.

May he take this club to levels it hasn't seen the likes of, and to accolades that have not been earned in an era.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Lord knows I talk some out there ideas on this forum. Got shot down for this one, especially when I said he'd reach David Silva level of contributions.

The boys coming of age and that vision came to be true enough. What a wonderful craftsmen we have, long may he continue to hone his abilities and allow us to dream.

May he take this club to levels it hasn't seen the likes of, and to accolades that have not been earned in an era.

I was making similar predictions about Jack in 2018. He was so good you could tell a step up or 2 or 3 wouldn't phase him.

I remember arguing with my Spurs supporting brother that he'd be better than Eriksen in 2 years, and it looks like I won that bet. Can't remember what we bet though :D .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

So the argument today on talksport Grealish doesn’t have the experience in big matches or cup final ect and Mount , Foden do, I don’t doubt for one minute that the other 2 have played against better opponents in high profile matches but Jack has been in multiple wembley finals one before we even knew who Foden and Mount were, progressing in a cup competition or knockout is the same regardless of level the game management in a playoff final when your 2-1 up with 10 mins to go is no different to a European cup final. 

I heard this, Hoddle said it, which I was a little shocked about, since it was utter drivel.

You should have heard Michael Owen the day before talking about Foden, saying he will be the next Ronaldo, Messi anything he wants to be. Even the presenters thought he was taking the piss, saying he said it like Keegan having his rant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I was making similar predictions about Jack in 2018. He was so good you could tell a step up or 2 or 3 wouldn't phase him.

I remember arguing with my Spurs supporting brother that he'd be better than Eriksen in 2 years, and it looks like I won that bet. Can't remember what we bet though :D .

Well, whatever the bet was for, credit where it's due.

Hopefully Jack will get games in this tournament, play to his usual standard and run the show.

Then see what happens with any potential transfers incoming.

It will be like fish jumping into the boat.

I can see if we progress say into the top 8 and good cup run , Jack will stay the following year.

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Hopefully Jack will get games in this tournament, play to his usual standard and run the show.

Then see what happens with any potential transfers incoming.

It will be like fish jumping into the boat.

I can see if we progress say into the top 8 and good cup run , Jack will stay the following year.

The optimistic part of me agrees with you... what with him being a home grown, born and bred Villa lad who is now the captain, leading us into an exciting new future and seeing us improve year upon year...

As long as that does carry on and he sees the quality of the players around him increasing and the team winning more and challenging for silverware? He has no reason to want to go anywhere else

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

The optimistic part of me agrees with you... what with him being a home grown, born and bred Villa lad who is now the captain, leading us into an exciting new future and seeing us improve year upon year...

As long as that does carry on and he sees the quality of the players around him increasing and the team winning more and challenging for silverware? He has no reason to want to go anywhere else

Exactly my thoughts. Him lifting the fa cup aloft with 40,000 villa fans cheering will keep him here I think for  as long as we are floating around the top 6 or 7 clubs and getting bites at Europe and of course he stays in the England team.

I could only see Real Madrid as being an option for him that would tempt him in the future, purely to get himself amongst the true greats of football, but that's 2 or 3 seasons away.

The euros really could and should propel him and villa world wide.

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Exactly my thoughts. Him lifting the fa cup aloft with 40,000 villa fans cheering will keep him here I think for  as long as we are floating around the top 6 or 7 clubs and getting bites at Europe and of course he stays in the England team.

I could only see Real Madrid as being an option for him that would tempt him in the future, purely to get himself amongst the true greats of football, but that's 2 or 3 seasons away.

The euros really could and should propel him and villa world wide.

We (as a club) already are going in the right direction with regards to worldwide exposure... and Jack has obviously got a very important part to play in that.

Never in my life have I been able to say that Villa have players with caps (or knocking on the door for caps) for the Argentina AND Brazil squads...

Ok... They arent the powerhouses of international football they used to be...

But our players... Villa players... go off for international duty and play alongside superstars like Messi and Neymar...

Certainly an improvement on our global profile from where we were 4 years ago

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

dont know, go to Zlatan social media and its all these idiots begging for him to sign for clubs like Galatasaray and Spartak Moscow :P 

Â