The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

25 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just ordered mine with Jack’s name on. They didn’t have my size in the Away so I’ve got the home but that one is still nice.

Where did you order from ?

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I agree with your second team with the exception of Coady who I think is garbage especially in a back 4 and Phillips who I would swap out with Bellingham. I also expect Jack to be nowhere near the starting 11 all tournament I can see Southgate going with Kane, Sterling and rashford to keep it all nice and predictable with mount in behind (I have no problem with mount and Kane by the way). I find this tournament a tough one because I want us to do well and Jack to star but I think Southgate is so out of his depth that I might take a poor tournament to get rid of him but then he is the FA yes man so he probably still wouldn’t go.

I see this stated a lot, and generally speaking it seems to be the case.l. However... wouldn't the FA want their most marketable player, the guy who currently seems to be the face of the England team, to play? And if so, wouldn't a "yes man" be under pressure to play him?

Not being argumentative here, just been mulling this over the past few days.

18 minutes ago, MCU said:

Where did you order from ?

Got it from Sports direct. It’s the only place I could find that had a medium in stock and would print the name… you can buy the Away from England official store but they’ve only got the super dooper kit for £95+printing.

Edit: official site also have home and away if you need xs, 2xl or 3xl

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Got it from Sports direct. It’s the only place I could find that had a medium in stock and would print the name… you can buy the Away from England official store but they’ve only got the super dooper kit for £95+printing.

Ordered mine from Sports Direct too. Came within a couple of days 👍 they had free name and number when I ordered, and I managed to get 20% discount code for NHS staff from a family member! Even before that was cheaper than everywhere else! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Baby Reaction GIF

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Tried the super dooper kit on once to get my sizing, it's actually nice with all the detailing on it, crazy price but whereas I think the normal is a bit bland (at least it's a clean white) the better one is better to be fair 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Tried the super dooper kit on once to get my sizing, it's actually nice with all the detailing on it, crazy price but whereas I think the normal is a bit bland (at least it's a clean white) the better one is better to be fair 

Yeah I did think about it but came to £114 with the name… just a bit too steep for me

24 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Ordered mine from Sports Direct too. Came within a couple of days 👍 they had free name and number when I ordered, and I managed to get 20% discount code for NHS staff from a family member! Even before that was cheaper than everywhere else! 

Ah that’s good to hear. Mine says arrives 16th (England will be on the plane home by then! 😂) but hopefully it will be here sooner 

• Like 1

Assume it has been posted already but (unless the England website has some dubious cookie tracking going on), Grealish is the top selling player name for the kits, with the away pre printed version selling more even than the child's kits. 

Screenshot_20210610-100645_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Should Jack Grealish start against croatia?
Sadly, no. It’s a harsh call because Grealish has been the main man, the sustained positive in the two friendlies against Austria and Romania. He needed the games after starting only twice since February 13 as he worked on his shin stress. Grealish took on opponents, creating opportunities, was heavily involved in both goals, departed to a standing ovation and fans singing his name, and is already being hyped as the merry playmaker to inspire England at the Euros as Paul Gascoigne did 25 years ago.

But, but, but... how to fit him in? It’s one thing to celebrate Grealish’s impact in two friendlies, and quite another to suggest he ousts either Phil Foden or Mason Mount... 

Henry Winter in The Times

(The rest is behind a paywall). 

Heaven forbid that our outstanding creator should oust the darling Mount. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What did he say? 

Only seen a snip of it because of the paywall

Paraphrasing from what I saw he said that grealish has the chance to be the best player at the tournament, that football has moved on from his days and there are a lot of players who demand the ball in tight spaces and grealish is the best player in the squad at it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â