The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is it bad that I'm annoyed that they haven't used the same black outline for the letters? 

Same on the blue kit. Just had to check Twitter to make sure it wasn’t just mine!

And now I can’t unsee it and now it’s annoying me too!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ehvdprxm6f13satu95

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Where Grealish spoke about Totti there was a certain light in his eyes that suggested he was thinking 'just like me' and you could he knew others would be thinking  that as well.

I saw that but assumed it was more of a "niiiice... i'm being compared with an Italian football god by Italian people". But to be fair, the first thing he said was about his loyalty so you could be right.

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Interesting opinions here.

Only "Robbo" had any clue what he was talking about. The Scottish guy in the middle was busting out all the boomer cliches of "he holds onto the ball too long", "takes too many touches" etc as well as saying he only takes people on in the middle of the pitch. He literally has the most entries in the penalty box in the whole league, and he missed a third of it! His whole MO is going past players into the box. I thought pundits were paid to watch football?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Shaw could have been world class but for a knee injury 

Shaw was world class.

Jack is the best we've had since.

I think Shaw won European young player of the year in '82 (Although it was called something else at the time.) He was the PFA young player of the year in '81. It's so sad as today, modern medicine would have been able to save his career.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m sure Jack said that it takes him 6/7 games after a break to be back up and fully firing. We’ve seen it after the summer. He’s now been involved in 6 games, I fully expect him to be flying against Croatia. He’s going to tear them a new one 

If he starts which is by no means a certainty. 

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m sure Jack said that it takes him 6/7 games after a break to be back up and fully firing. We’ve seen it after the summer. He’s now been involved in 6 games, I fully expect him to be flying against Croatia. He’s going to tear them a new one 

I would absolutely agree with you if we had an England manager that wasn't a boring, drab, unimpressive Mr play-it-safe. 

I'm sure that Southgate will be playing five at the back so I expect to see a starting lineup that is something like this...

-------------------Pickford-----------------

------Walker----Stones----Coady----

Trippier----Rice----Henderson---Chilwell

--------------Foden-----Mount----------------

---------------------Kane--------------------

When it really should be..... 

----------------------Pickford------------------

Walker---Coady----Mings----Chilwell

-----------------Rice--------Phillips-----------

Foden-------------Mount---------Grealish

-----------------------Kane--------------------

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I would absolutely agree with you if we had an England manager that wasn't a boring, drab, unimpressive Mr play-it-safe. 

I'm sure that Southgate will be playing five at the back so I expect to see a starting lineup that is something like this...

-------------------Pickford-----------------

------Walker----Stones----Coady----

Trippier----Rice----Henderson---Chilwell

--------------Foden-----Mount----------------

---------------------Kane--------------------

-----------------Rice--------Phillips-----------

I agree with your second team with the exception of Coady who I think is garbage especially in a back 4 and Phillips who I would swap out with Bellingham. I also expect Jack to be nowhere near the starting 11 all tournament I can see Southgate going with Kane, Sterling and rashford to keep it all nice and predictable with mount in behind (I have no problem with mount and Kane by the way). I find this tournament a tough one because I want us to do well and Jack to star but I think Southgate is so out of his depth that I might take a poor tournament to get rid of him but then he is the FA yes man so he probably still wouldn’t go.

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

-----------------Rice--------Bellingham-----------

Fixed

• Like 3

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Is it bad that I'm annoyed that they haven't used the same black outline for the letters? 

What annoys me is: 

(a) Number seven should be for a RIGHT winger, and 

(b) The horrible shape of the number 

Â