The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, MrBlack said:

Yeah,  and Jack seemed to have no idea what he was talking about. Haha. I assume he meant there were a lot of Roma fans walking around with Roma shirts and Totti on their back? But if anyone knows I'd welcome the explanation...

Slash as the fella in Commando so elequantly puts it

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah,  and Jack seemed to have no idea what he was talking about. Haha. I assume he meant there were a lot of Roma fans walking around with Roma shirts and Totti on their back? But if anyone knows I'd welcome the explanation...

I think it's rhyming slang for 'Hotties'.

A 19/20yo Jack was oggling the ladies of the capital and then 7 Years Later got questioned about a player it sounds as though he can't describe or remember the qualities of to the national paper of a country that idolised him 😅

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

and then 7 Years Later got questioned about a player it sounds as though he can't describe or remember the qualities of to the national paper of a country that idolised him 😅

He obviously knows who he is because he talked about him being a one club man. 

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Ah yeah for sure. But he sidestepped the qualities bit 😅

Nah, I think he was just being modest. I'll let others make the comparison seems a good response to not sound like a big head. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure how to take these (repeated/reiterated) comments about us having poor set piece takers.

Really starting to worry he might be off in the not too distant future.

Or he knows about our transfer targets and is playing games. Or he wants us to get someone who can take a mean set piece.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Or he knows about our transfer targets and is playing games. Or he wants us to get someone who can take a mean set piece.

Or he is making reference to the fact he has been working on his set pieces.

my favourite bit of the presser was when he was asked about how gareth southgate has improved him and to explain what he is like as a coach……….after stuttering and pausing trying to think of the right answer he just about came up with one 😂

Grealish also said he admired Totti for being a 'one club man'... Even if he does leave this summer not sure how him saying that we're not very good at set-pieces would have anything to do with that, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't use it as an excuse for leaving and wouldn't think to hint at it beforehand whilst on England duty.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure how to take these (repeated/reiterated) comments about us having poor set piece takers.

Even if he wanted to go which I doubt he does, we hold all the cards. Its so simple to reject any offer and tell him we want at least another season. He’s hardly going to do a Mahrez whilst captaining his club. He’s one year into a 5 year deal, he’ll always be wanted one, two years down the line and we’ll still be entitled to full price due to the length of the contract. NSWE will play hardball im certain of it. Far too important to what they’re doing

Villa using every opportunity to post pics of him on the official Instagram account at least confirms that there’s nothing in the pipelines with him on the way out.

He liked the Buendia agreement announcement too. Smith has said he’s ignoring all the speculation and he’ll be back after the Euros. Jacks said many times he cant wait to have Villa Park packed again. Someone needs to bacon slap Guardiola’s bald head and tell him you cant just keep getting what you want mate

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you not think he's just being honest? Why does it have to mean he wants to leave. 

Everyone hanging and manipulating the words of a lad that just speaks honestly. I'm mean he's far from a great orator but these interviews are also becoming repetitive. I think he's just repeating many of his answers. 

• Like 1

At somewhere like Man City he can triple his wages, play with some of the best players in the world for one of the best teams in the world and some might say for one of the best managers in the world, and he'd also be challenging for titles, domestic cups, and the European Cup with a realistic chance of winning any one of them, he could win more trophies next season than we've won as a club in the last thirty plus years. So I don't think we can rule out the possibility of him leaving.

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Leaving because we can't take free kicks? Come on 

Why kit focus on the positive comment he made about Totti being a 1 club man instead? 

3 minutes ago, useless said:

At somewhere like Man City he can triple his wages, play with some of the best players in the world for one of the best teams in the world and some might say for one of the best managers in the world, and he'd also be challenging for titles, domestic cups, and the European Cup with a realistic chance of winning any one of them, he could win more trophies next season than we've won as a club in the last thirty plus years. So I don't think we can rule out the possibility of him leaving.

This is why I think he might be off IF we don't qualify for European football this year. There's no way, in my opinion, he's in a rush while villa are showing the potential we are.

His prime is still ahead of him,  City will still want him next year, and he'll still have plenty of earning power. Not to mention many years left at his peak to win silverware. 

12 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Do you not think he's just being honest? Why does it have to mean he wants to leave. 

Everyone hanging and manipulating the words of a lad that just speaks honestly. I'm mean he's far from a great orator but these interviews are also becoming repetitive. I think he's just repeating many of his answers. 

As someone as who has probably over analysed his words, I think this is a really sensible take on things. 

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This is why I think he might be off IF we don't qualify for European football this year. There's no way, in my opinion, he's in a rush while villa are showing the potential we are.

His prime is still ahead of him,  City will still want him next year, and he'll still have plenty of earning power. Not to mention many years left at his peak to win silverware. 

Agree with all of that, and it’s logical therefore that this summer is a massive one, recruitment wise. While it’s understandable and prudent for Deano to play that down in the media, it seems obvious this is the time to really go for it in the market. 

Â