The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Someone on Blue Moon said they knew someone that played golf with Grealish's uncle and cousins and they said he bought a property in the north. I remember this story from a year ago when he was signing with Manure.

Yep - one of my mates who works in media in Manchester/Liverpool was told that Grealish had bought a house in Manchester last summer and was apparently joining Man Utd.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 10:33, gwi1890 said:

Danny Mills using a poor excuse of Jack Grealish being injured and only playing the last 2 games of the season to justify Henderson being selected , but it’s a totally different with Jack there’s not a player in england similar to Jack,  but plenty of Jordan Henderson’s about , I’d go as far as to say Ward Prowse is better.

That's why I would include Danny Ings because Nick Pope hasn't played many games recently

According to Gregg Evans, when Jack is with his dad pregame they play Atomic by Blondie to get Jack pumped up. Could there be a terrace chant in this.

...Oh your hair is beautiful

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is what I think too. The last one, absolutely. The next one, if we don't make progress, absolutely. But this one, where we are making big strides, adding quality, a world cup next summer where he will want to be on centre stage all season, this window makes little sense. 

I'd even say a new contract with £150 million release clause is more likely than him moving. 

Minor point: the 2022 World Cup isn't in the summer, it's in 18 months' time.

Just now, jamesbuchanan said:

Minor point: the 2022 World Cup isn't in the summer, it's in 18 months' time.

Even better! He can stay this summer, next summer and be worth £300,000,000 by the January transfer window 2023. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yep - one of my mates who works in media in Manchester/Liverpool was told that Grealish had bought a house in Manchester last summer and was apparently joining Man Utd.

So loads of transfer rumours based on bullshit are recycled by people in the know?

Just a thought, if the ESL had gone ahead, the players of those clubs may never have played for their countries again. Some might not care but I’d say a significant number of England players would. I’d include Harry Kane and Jack in that list. 

They could still try to resurrect it. Another reason why Jack will stay and the only club for Kane to consider moving to is us. 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

So loads of transfer rumours based on bullshit are recycled by people in the know?

No idea - most of the rumours are "a friend of a friend reckons that <x>" which is isn't worth paying much attention to, even if there may be some true to it.  I think they're probably like a game of Chinese whispers - for example, it may well be that Jack Grealish owns property in Manchester.  He earns a lot and may want a second home up there; who knows.  This 'truth' could then be elaborated on:
"Grealish is buying a house in Manchester... I wonder if he's moving club?"
"Grealish is buying a house in Manchester and I've heard he might move club"
"Grealish is buying a house in Manchester ahead of a move to Man Utd"
"Grealish is joining Man Utd after buying a house in Manchester"
and so on.

I don't consider my mate to be ITK by the way; he just works in sports media and hears various things.  No "source" or anything :D which is why I hadn't said anything on here.

Just now, bobzy said:

No idea - most of the rumours are "a friend of a friend reckons that <x>" which is isn't worth paying much attention to, even if there may be some true to it.  I think they're probably like a game of Chinese whispers - for example, it may well be that Jack Grealish owns property in Manchester.  He earns a lot and may want a second home up there; who knows.  This 'truth' could then be elaborated on:
"Grealish is buying a house in Manchester... I wonder if he's moving club?"
"Grealish is buying a house in Manchester and I've heard he might move club"
"Grealish is buying a house in Manchester ahead of a move to Man Utd"
"Grealish is joining Man Utd after buying a house in Manchester"
and so on.

I don't consider my mate to be ITK by the way; he just works in sports media and hears various things.  No "source" or anything :D which is why I hadn't said anything on here.

I think a lot of it is if you repeat a rumour enough times it becomes the truth in people's heads

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think a lot of it is if you repeat a rumour enough times it becomes the truth in people's heads

Well you’ve certainly got the inside line on repetitive posts. Remind me how many starts did Nakamba make last season? 

P.S. I do actually believe that one, it being a fact. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well you’ve certainly got the inside line on repetitive posts. Remind me how many starts did Nakamba make last season? 

P.S. I do actually believe that one, it being a fact. 

So you think the rumours are true about Grealish move to Man City?

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

So you think the rumours are true about Grealish move to Man City?

No I don’t. But that doesn’t mean that all rumours are untrue or that we can’t discuss them, even the ones we don’t like. This being a discussion forum and all that. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

No I don’t. But that doesn’t mean that all rumours are untrue or that we can’t discuss them, even the ones we don’t like. This being a discussion forum and all that. 

You get shot down for saying the JWP one looks like BS. 5 year contract, no follow up from initial author or backed up by anyone else. Getting low level stalked for mentioning this

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You get shot down for saying the JWP looks like BS. Getting low level stalked 

It really doesn’t matter who the player is though, almost every player linked to us you go straight to attack dog mode. Rubbishing the source, the poster, the player. It’s just so tiresome and predictable.

However it’s clear you aren’t going to change your stance and that is of course your right. So I’ll say no more on the matter. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

It really doesn’t matter who the player is though, almost every player linked to us you go straight to attack dog mode. Rubbishing the source, the poster, the player. It’s just so tiresome and predictable.

However it’s clear you aren’t going to change your stance and that is of course your right. So I’ll say no more on the matter. Please list 

I said nothing negative about Buendia. I was excited having wanted him since last season. If I think a link is false I'll say it or should I be a happy clapper? Please link "almost every player linked to us I've gone into attack dog mode" bar JWP or stop posting shit about me. Cheers

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

If he scored a Gazza-against-Scotland like goal and we make it to the Semi's or further with him starting and starring it will be extremely difficult to keep him regardless of how well Villa are progressing. 

Why? We don’t need to sell. He’s contracted for years. Let’s not be fatalistic about it. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Why? We don’t need to sell. He’s contracted for years. Let’s not be fatalistic about it. 

Believe me the last thing I want is for us to sell Jack, but I can't help worrying. 

Mainly as I have a number of City supporting mates who I would particularly enjoy shoving it up to. 

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

According to Gregg Evans, when Jack is with his dad pregame they play Atomic by Blondie to get Jack pumped up. Could there be a terrace chant in this.

...Oh your hair is beautiful

That is quintessential Athletic reporting right there. 

Â