The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm not sure it's a very flattering look to go for

I was grimacing at the photos on BBC Sport yesterday showing how heartbreakingly terrible Gazza looks these days, but then realised they were re-running their Euro 96 footage

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I know I'm being petty but Jack's been compared to Gazza from the off while being in the England team.

Foden today has had a hair cut to a similar style to Gazza in 96. All we are going to hear now that Foden is England's Gascoigne. It's annoying me.

Well Jack will just have to reclaim the tag by flicking it over a Scottish defenders head and volleying it home.

• Like 1

Thinking of it, we should really attract a new generation of fans because of these Euros.

Think of all the youngsters who will be putting up their wall charts and feeling that magic that comes with following your first Euro tournament or WC. Theres no way Jack doesnt become their favourite player (unless the coach, pictured below, doesnt play him). They find out who he plays for and start following the Villa. At a time where we’re on the rise & are exciting to watch again with a very likeable squad. 

spacer.png

so everytime a player has a good game they get compared to gascoigne its getting ridiculous now, what did he actually win and how many goals and assists did he get, phoden has won more already and jack in the next couple of years will win more, i bet the players are sick of it but would never say because ‘gazza’ was a media darling 😬

Just now, Villa94 said:

so everytime a player has a good game they get compared to gascoigne its getting ridiculous now, what did he actually win and how many goals and assists did he get, phoden has won more already and jack in the next couple of years will win more, i bet the players are sick of it but would never say because ‘gazza’ was a media darling 😬

#TeamPhoden.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

I'm not old enough to have watched Gascoigne in action, but I get the impression that, like Zidane, his contributions to the game are not entirely reflected by his stats.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

I'm not old enough to have watched Gascoigne in action, but I get the impression that, like Zidane, his contributions to the game are not entirely reflected in his stats.

I watched Gascoigne in action, I was a paper boy reading in the papers in how he lost his weight after he'd piles it on which was sleeping through the nighand day without drinking and eating, the eating part I could believe but not the drinking.

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

• Haha 1

I play football with the son of a prominent English manager, who is also a football agent. He was saying last night Grealish's agent has been talking up the City move, i.e. it's happening. I suppose he would say that, or it might be wishful thinking. But, yeh. 

1 minute ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

I play football with the son of a prominent English manager, who is also a football agent. He was saying last night Grealish's agent has been talking up the City move, i.e. it's happening. I suppose he would say that, or it might be wishful thinking. But, yeh. 

Interest (manufactured or real) Good euros = New contract,  More money for said agent. 

Agent will feel Jacks loyalty means he's getting shafted out of at least 4/5 windfalls of a few million each. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Of all the windows for Jack to move, this one makes the least sense. 

This is what I think too. The last one, absolutely. The next one, if we don't make progress, absolutely. But this one, where we are making big strides, adding quality, a world cup next summer where he will want to be on centre stage all season, this window makes little sense. 

I'd even say a new contract with £150 million release clause is more likely than him moving. 

• Like 1

If he scored a Gazza-against-Scotland like goal and we make it to the Semi's or further with him starting and starring it will be extremely difficult to keep him regardless of how well Villa are progressing. 

8 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

I could obviously be wrong, but I really don't expect it to happen. 

If the JWP rumour is true I wonder if the agency realised they won't be making a fee from Grealish moving so have decided to leverage him to get other players on their books that would like to play with him to move. 

8 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Someone on Blue Moon said they knew someone that played golf with Grealish's uncle and cousins and they said he bought a property in the north. I remember this story from a year ago when he was signing with Manure.

• Like 1

Â