The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

27 minutes ago, Awol said:

We’re picking them both off next season. 

Sounds like Antonio Bandaras would be a great signing for tackling these 4 Cartels, just tell him Salma Hayek is being held hostage and make sure he comes with his guitar case full of guns.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Sounds like Antonio Bandaras would be a great signing for tackling these 4 Cartels, just tell him Salma Hayek is being held hostage and make sure he comes with his guitar case full of guns.

It’s going to make lots and lots of pundits very sad. Even sadder than they are now about Mings starting at CB for England. 

• Like 1

I totally understand that the time a player has at the top of his game is short. Most players want some success to show for their career. However there is only a limited number of teams ever likely to win stuff.

Jack is a rare example of not only a wonderful talent, but plays for us.

So it comes down to in my view, of does he want to go to one of these clubs (we know who they are) and win something? or is he interested in the long term view?

Now I don't mean staying at the Villa just in the hope that we win something, what I mean is his legacy. Once your short career at the top is over, how would a player like to be remembered in 25 years time? being with another team that won stuff (a personal thing) or maybe not quite as successful and staying with Villa (lets have a bit of pessimism here!) i.e an "Aston Villa FC thing"

His legacy could be a stand named after him, a statue (other teams have them) - his legacy would therefore live on for decades.

But we live in times where short term thinking, greed, money and instant gratification is king. I think we may just about keep him for next season...

Regards to all

Del

18 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

His legacy could be a stand named after him, a statue (other teams have them) - his legacy would therefore live on for decades.

Regards to all

Del

His legacy could be that we retire his shirt! ;)

Hope he stays and sees us finish what we've started... 

20 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

His legacy could be that we retire his shirt! ;)

Hope he stays and sees us finish what we've started... 

Bit of future history right there that.

Just saw someone write that Grealish had 5 goal involvements in the Liverpool game. Made me think, has any player ever bettered that in the premier league? I know a couple of players have scored 5 in a game, but not sure if they assisted too.

7 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Just saw someone write that Grealish had 5 goal involvements in the Liverpool game. Made me think, has any player ever bettered that in the premier league? I know a couple of players have scored 5 in a game, but not sure if they assisted too.

No one has ever had more than 5. Kane had 1 goal and 4 assists against united and Son had 4 and 1.

I think it had only been done 8 times prior to this season and it occurred thrice on one day. Was pretty crazy. 

*In the Prem of course. Ronaldo or Messi probably had 6 or 7 at some point in La Liga. 

Edited by MotoMkali

8 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I think 5 goal involvements has been equalled 10+ times (including this season when Kane got 1G 4A vs Southampton) but never beaten AFAIK

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No one has ever had more than 5. Kane had 1 goal and 4 assists against united and Son had 4 and 1.

I think it had only been done 8 times prior to this season and it occurred thrice on one day. Was pretty crazy.

Kane and son both only managed 2G 1A against United that day. It was against Southampton Kane got 1G 4A and Son got 4 goals but no assists.

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Just a quick note on Grealish and his newer superstar status, marketing potential and overall club growth. 

Noticed in away games (before lockdown) Burnley and Brighton away there were home kids with cards asking for his shirt. 

I live in Leicester, I was in a village outside in a local park. The kids were pretending to be Grealish, not Vardy or Maddison. 

Im occasionally charitable and have a friend in our friendship group who is a massive blues fan, SOTV and all that. 

His kid (9) wants a Grealish England kit. 

😍

The guys a superstar, and if we can keep hold of him he will do more to grow the clubs visibility than any player we've had before. 

That's why I think NSWE will do everything to keep him here. I don't think Buendia would have been done so quickly if he didn't get some reassurances that Jack is staying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

I totally understand that the time a player has at the top of his game is short. Most players want some success to show for their career. However there is only a limited number of teams ever likely to win stuff.

Jack is a rare example of not only a wonderful talent, but plays for us.

So it comes down to in my view, of does he want to go to one of these clubs (we know who they are) and win something? or is he interested in the long term view?

Now I don't mean staying at the Villa just in the hope that we win something, what I mean is his legacy. Once your short career at the top is over, how would a player like to be remembered in 25 years time? being with another team that won stuff (a personal thing) or maybe not quite as successful and staying with Villa (lets have a bit of pessimism here!) i.e an "Aston Villa FC thing"

But we live in times where short term thinking, greed, money and instant gratification is king. I think we may just about keep him for next season...

Regards to all

Del

It's an interesting decision. I imagine it's hard in the moment to think about your legacy in the middle of your career where there are factors like wanting to play internationals, wanting to win trophies, wanting to make money etc at play. 

Would you rather Francesco Totti's legacy or James Milner's? Both very well respected star players who had amazing careers. One stayed put and is a revered and beloved god in his home town. The other moved around, won every major club trophy and is widely respected, but he doesn't really belong to anyone like Totti belongs to Roma. 

There is certainly something to be said for staying with 1 club, especially when it's the club you've supporter your whole life. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I think 5 goal involvements has been equalled 10+ times (including this season when Kane got 1G 4A vs Southampton) but never beaten AFAIK

Shearer scored 5 and got 1 assist when Newcastle beat Sheff Wed 8-0.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Was looking at England tops yesterday on the official site and Grealish was the most popular name for the shirts,  Foden was second .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bose said:

That's why I think NSWE will do everything to keep him here. I don't think Buendia would have been done so quickly if he didn't get some reassurances that Jack is staying.

I've heard that all Buendia wanted to know was that Deano had a photo of Bielsa in his office and that he follows his training schedule rigidly 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tinker said:

Was looking at England tops yesterday on the official site and Grealish was the most popular name for the shirts,  Foden was second .

Hence why Southgate has no choice but to start Grealish at the euros.

38 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Just a quick note on Grealish and his new superstar status, marketing potential and overall club growth. 

Noticed in away games (before lockdown) Burnley and Brighton away there were home kids with cards asking for his shirt. 

I live in Leicester, I was in nearby Wigston yesterday evening in a local park. The kids were pretending to be Grealish, not Vardy or Maddison. 

Im occasionally charitable and have a friend in our friendship group who is a massive blues fan, SOTV and all that. 

😍

The guys a superstar, and if we can keep hold of him he will do more to grow the clubs visibility than any player we've had before. 

He hit 1m Instagram followers only a couple of months ago.  He's on 1.7m already now, I bet he hits 3m in no time with a good Euros. 

He really is turning into a superstar. 

43 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Kane and son both only managed 2G 1A against United that day. It was against Southampton Kane got 1G 4A and Son got 4 goals but no assists.

Oh my bad. I could have sworn. But I guess not. 

Â