The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I have zero doubt that Grealish will stay for at least another season.

I would bet £100 playing with Grealish and being part of an "exciting & developing team" was at least a small part of the sales pitch to Buendia, and i bet another £100 Buendia would have asked if Grealish was staying before he signed (even Watkins admitted to asking that question before he joined).

I think as long as we keep progressing, we have a good chance of keeping Grealish, and i have no doubt Jack was pleased to hear we were getting Buendia (and im sure Jack was told about our other targets.....whoever they are).

If the progress stalls or regresses, thats when it might become problematic.

• Like 2

The constant belittling of the greedy 6 fans with their “if we want him he comes” & “everyone moves on” is what Ill love to see extinguished. People are starting to notice our wealth now and good strategic moves in the market.

The power to knock back a £100m+ offer from the side who basically always get who they want will equally make people sit up and take notice that “ah shit little Villa are serious”. It was the same last summer with the Utd fans. Then of course it was Jack has no ambition, “enjoy fighting relegation” after signing the new deal. Cant people see that in order to show ambition and progress you simply cannot sell your best. Its drives me mad how they all think “wow he is actually an amazing player, we’ll have him now” after years of dismissing him out of hand as not good enough, has only done it 1 year in the prem. You think to when he broke into the team under Sherwood; it goes unnoticed how he was one of the best players in that side even at that age. He was unreal for one so young. Didnt look out of place in the Prem at all. Watching his rise to now has been a privilege despite the stop-start nature with injuries etc. The journey has finally got him to one of his main ambitions, playing for England. Time for us to deliver on his next one now; push on and get some silverware and Europe.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Saw this on Blue Moon just now. This is literally the same rumour from last season when crap papers were saying he was going to Manure 😂

"I’m definitely not ITK but I did get a little snippet last week which kind of links to what you said. My mate is from Brum and knows Grealish’s cousins and uncle. He played golf with his uncle 2 weeks ago and he told him Grealish is in the process of buying a house up north. That is all he said and wouldn’t elaborate any further."

Apparently Grealish has 20 homes in Manchester now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If Jack doesn't want to leave, I don't think we would sell him. We don't need the money. Suppose we might accept a world record £200m or something silly. Doubt it though.

If he wants to go, I think we'd accept £100m rising to £130m.

I agree with this. As long as he’s committed, it would take a ridiculous bid to lure him away. At the right price everything is for sale, but we’d be entertaining bids that offer us the opportunity to use that money to sign multiple world class players to replace him  

Really relaxed about Grealish now that we have signed Buendia.  I am confident he will stay, but if he moves on we have a good replacement in place and I trust our management to properly invest the proceeds from any sale. 

• Like 3

I don't think he'll go this Summer. I'd be shocked and sad if he did, although I don't think it would kill our build up provided we got an outrageous fee and reinvested well. I trust our management to do that at this stage. We can demonstrate to potential recruits that we're ambitious and we've taken talented players and turned them into internationals. 

Where I might start to worry about losing players like Jack, Watkins, Martinez etc is if we stagnate. We made that big push under MON but couldn't get higher than 6th over 3 seasons, and Barry went, then Milner, then Young and Downing.  And I do think we'll continue to improve, but eventually we'll get to the stage where we need enormous improvement to stay still each year. 

The investment in our academy and our scouting and recruiting networks will be crucial to keeping up while we go through this. 

I personally think it’s imperative we hold on to him, even if it’s just one more season. Selling him now whilst we look like we are currently building an exciting squad reminds me of the Lerner days.. one step forward two back. We need to hold on to him one more season at least. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Really relaxed about Grealish now that we have signed Buendia.  I am confident he will stay, but if he moves on we have a good replacement in place and I trust our management to properly invest the proceeds from any sale. 

This is where I am, as far as I'm concerned they have earned the right to make the decision; its so nice to have belief in the owners vision. 

Tbh I'm not sure id want to leave if I was in jacks shoes, not many more exciting places to be currently. 

There will always be speculation from the w%^k 6 for the best players.....unfortunately we have to live and hear about it every day.

But.....i think if we keep showing ambition...bring in better players every window.....I can see him staying for maybe two or three years.

Then when he gets to 27/28 like Kane at Spurs...he may choose to move on for a bit of silverware but at least we can say we had for for some good years.

30 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

There will always be speculation from the w%^k 6 for the best players.....unfortunately we have to live and hear about it every day.

But.....i think if we keep showing ambition...bring in better players every window.....I can see him staying for maybe two or three years.

Then when he gets to 27/28 like Kane at Spurs...he may choose to move on for a bit of silverware but at least we can say we had for for some good years.

its a 4 team cartel really, Spurs and Arsenal are cheap hanger ons who think they are important

• Like 2

Time for us to give Jack a new deal again to silence the rumours instantly. The speculation is only going to get worse when he "brings football home" this summer and wins us the euros in spite of Southgate.

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

its a 4 team cartel really, Spurs and Arsenal are cheap hanger ons who think they are important

We’re picking them both off next season. 

• Like 1

Â