The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Quotes or it didn’t happen. Personally, I think you’re trolling. 

Ok getting a bit daft now. But here is the article. It's dated now - but you asked for the quotes that he said at the time - just after the spurs move didn't happen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11510848/jack-grealish-admits-disappointment-over-failed-tottenham-transfer

Adding Buendia to the team will hopefully mean Jack doesn't have to play 90 mins every game as he clearly can't handle it. Even Rooney used to get subbed off to help preserve him. 

Keep him fit all season we will finish in a European spot. How can we not? 10 goal 10 assists next season, Ollie with 20 goals, jobs a goodun 

Just now, MrBlack said:

Tbf, he did say that, but the context is that the club were going bust which is why he even contemplated the move.

Once it was on the cards,  he was expecting expecting to be playing Barcelona in the champions league, rather than battling another championship load of brutes.

He was also gutted as he knew he would be playing for England had he gone there.

None of the negative surrounding what made him move applies any more, and the positive of making the England squad is a cherry on the cake.

Yes that's all very true and fair comment. We are in a much better place now.

But I think if Man city plonk a £120m+ bid  on the table - let's be honest we will holding our breath on here.

15 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

The owners want European football. They're not Mr theme park bullshit. 

How about we get European football AND build a theme park?

Either one don't have to be mutually exclusive.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Saw this on Blue Moon just now. This is literally the same rumour from last season when crap papers were saying he was going to Manure 😂

"I’m definitely not ITK but I did get a little snippet last week which kind of links to what you said. My mate is from Brum and knows Grealish’s cousins and uncle. He played golf with his uncle 2 weeks ago and he told him Grealish is in the process of buying a house up north. That is all he said and wouldn’t elaborate any further."

I'm so glad we don't have silly ITKs like that on here. We're much more demanding, it's private jet routes or GTFO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

But I think if Man city plonk a £120m+ bid  on the table - let's be honest we will holding our breath on here.

You just keep holding your breath for as long as you want. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I know things like £150m get touted but let’s face it at £120m you are at 25% more than any other transfer fee in history (except Neymar’s fake deal) and I’d say anyone would be selling any player. 

• Like 1

I certainly understand the point Hippo is making here. I think he'll be staying this summer because I think our owners have sold him on the project and clearly put their money where their mouth is.

I don't know if that will carry on forever. People boldly stating that he'll never leave I think underestimate how appealing it might be to go and play at the top of the game. Even best-case scenario he'll have to wait a couple of years before getting into the CL with Villa, let alone getting to a semi-final or final. I think if Man City came in with a mega bid for him then he'd certainly be tempted - and even more so once he reaches 27 or 28, or if it seems like Villa might have hit a glass ceiling having reached the Europa League places (or not even got that far), etc.

I'll be absolutely gutted if he goes this Summer because I'm more excited to see him play with Buendia than any other player we've signed in the last five years ... but I think we'll have him at least another year. But if we don't hit Europe next season I do worry we won't have him much longer than that.

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Having, like most, never played professional sport I wonder how much this sort of thing  influences a manager? Do players speak to their manager and say ‘this kid has to play’ and do managers take any notice?

Edited by av1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I know things like £150m get touted but let’s face it at £120m you are at 25% more than any other transfer fee in history (except Neymar’s fake deal) and I’d say anyone would be selling any player. 

huh?

Coutinho and Dembele both went for well over 100m

Edited by Villan_of_oz

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tin hat on. 

At what figure does it become a conversation with City? Let’s say they offered 120m... 

I know, I know, we mustn’t sell him, but if you look at what Leicester have achieved by selling Maguire, Mahrez and Kante, it can be done and we could improve. 

I absolutely do not want to sell him. At all. But at what point do you think the club might be tempted? 

If Jack doesn't want to leave, I don't think we would sell him. We don't need the money. Suppose we might accept a world record £200m or something silly. Doubt it though.

If he wants to go, I think we'd accept £100m rising to £130m.

3 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Which is more fun, knocking someone of a pedestal or selling yourself to be on a pedestal?

Neither. I think he'll stay. I think he'll want to stay. That doesn't mean he can't want to play for a superior team.

Edit: Removed an unnecessary insult, apologies.

Edited by AV82

Selling Grealish doesn't automatically mean the end of the club.

Liverpool became a better team after they sold Coutinho. Actually won the league and CL post Coutinho.

You just have to make sure you recruit well.

Of course in an optimal world we don't sell him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Sweet, two months of Jack to Man City torture to look forward to.

Why take any note of rumour?

It should be easy to ignore all the BS and guesswork spouted by the British press and social media.

Whether he stays or goes, worrying won't change anything, so just enjoy your summer and look forward to a great Villa season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Sweet, two months of Jack to Man City torture to look forward to.

Just wait until next year when he storms World Cup. We'll have every club from Timbuktu to Novosibirsk trying to buy him. 

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 1

Â