The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack will be attracting interest from Barcelona,  he's a marketing dream of a player. Like Beckham but he's a better player. Make no mistakes about it if Jack stays fit and Southgate picks him before we get knocked out Jack will attract the type of interest no English player ever has. You could well be talking £200m 

5 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Does Jack want to be the best ever player ever for this great club? You bet.

Does he want to be the player that drives us into winning major trophies and is the ultimate hero for every Villa fan around the globe and for young Villans to aspire to? Of course.

Does he absolutely hate those gobshites down the road? No answer needed!

He's not going anywhere.

He would have joined spurs a few years back had a fee been agreed. He said so himself.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

He would have joined spurs a few years back had a fee been agreed. He said so himself.

But it wasn’t and he didn’t. Can’t figure out whether you’re actually happy about that or not? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Oh yeah, I know. Things are much different now and we are building a much stronger side than the one he was in when the writing was on the wall for him. I don't think it was his choice to leave, more like the club needed the cash to stay afloat.

Man City will be in for Kane, it's almost nailed on. If they want Grealish as well, that'll be nearly £300 million. I would be shocked if they spend that sort of money this season, especially on just 2 players.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Man City will be in for Kane, it's almost nailed on. If they want Grealish as well, that'll be nearly £300 million. I would be shocked if they spend that sort of money this season, especially on just 2 players.

They will sell a few but I just think Grealish is not for sale and he buys into the new owners plans

2 hours ago, Annoyman said:

I mean they couldn't necessarily give Buendia a straight answer about whether they'll sell Grealish, the most honest answer they could probably give is "we're going to try not to but who knows"

Why would they say who knows what's going to happen when they already do?

He's still got over 4 years left on his contract, will probably get a huge increase again after this summer and the owners are ambitious. I think their answer will be a straight, "Do one you mugs", in all honesty.  

32 minutes ago, Awol said:

But it wasn’t and he didn’t. Can’t figure out whether you’re actually happy about that or not? 

Try harder then. Of course I don't want him to leave.

The point I am making is that he was open to leaving villa. So the idea that he wants to play for villa and villa alone  and would dismiss a move to Man city out of hand isn't  100% watertight.

Only kids on Twitter think Grealish is going anywhere. Daily Heil and other chronic red top bullshit merchantry may try to squeeze every last iota out of the rumour but we've multi-billionaire owners, he's going nowhere. In fact I'd be surprised if he doesn't get offered improved terms this summer.

Edited by ccfcman

30 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Oh yeah, I know. Things are much different now and we are building a much stronger side than the one he was in when the writing was on the wall for him. I don't think it was his choice to leave, more like the club needed the cash to stay afloat.

Agreed.

42 minutes ago, tinker said:

Jack will be attracting interest from Barcelona,  he's a marketing dream of a player. Like Beckham but he's a better player. Make no mistakes about it if Jack stays fit and Southgate picks him before we get knocked out Jack will attract the type of interest no English player ever has. You could well be talking £200m 

Personally I think the muted £100m is to low. £140m in my book - esp ,if as expected , he dazzles at the Euros.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Try harder then. Of course I don't want him to leave.

The point I am making is that he was open to leaving villa. So the idea that he wants to play for villa and villa alone  and would dismiss a move to Man city out of hand isn't  100% watertight.

Villa was a basket case trying to sell him to keep the club solvent. That’s not the same as ‘wanting to leave’. But people see what they want to see, I guess. 

The spurs situation was all about stopping the club from going bust.  He didn't want to leave,  just thought he had to to keep villa in existence.

It would take another monumental situation for him to even consider leaving

46 minutes ago, tinker said:

I’m sure Barca will be interested they’re interested in everybody only thing is they don’t have a penny, still struggling to pay for Coutinho ,   I don’t think anybody in word football can afford  Jack atm

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Why would they say who knows what's going to happen when they already do?

He's still got over 4 years left on his contract, will probably get a huge increase again after this summer and the owners are ambitious. I think their answer will be a straight, "Do one you mugs", in all honesty.  

I hope they do that 100%, but there could be a release clause or a verbal agreement, there could be a huge bid after a successful Euros where he finally says he wants to go etc. We've all been here enough times in the past to never be 100% confident any player will definitely stay imo, and while Jack Grealish isn't Fabian Delph I don't think the boyhood club/captain stuff counts for as much as fans like to imagine - like it certainly counts for a lot and has been a huge factor in him staying but it's not enough to guarantee him as a one club man

• Like 1

The owners want European football. They're not Mr theme park bullshit. 

At what point do people start to understand that everything they have done and are doing has been centred around Jack. Since the moment they pulled the plug on Xia selling the crown jewel of this club to the present day. The growth, ambition and most of all....our identity. They've not put all this effort to just give up the image of the club when we are potentially on the cusp of retaining our rightful place in the higher echelons of the PL. 

The owners are winners and because of that we are starting to get tarred with the same brush. Shaking off the stigma of being cannon fodder and instead taking on the role of firing the broadsides. 

Make no mistake...Jack's ambition to see us in Europe far outweighs his ambition to wear a City or Utd shirt. If peeps don't get that it's because they aren't paying attention to what's going on.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

Villa was a basket case trying to sell him to keep the club solvent. That’s not the same as ‘wanting to leave’. But people see what they want to see, I guess. 

I think his words were he was "disappointed the move didn't go through" 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think his words were he was "disappointed the move didn't go through" 

Quotes or it didn’t happen. Personally, I think you’re trolling. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Quotes or it didn’t happen. Personally, I think you’re trolling. 

Tbf, he did say that, but the context is that the club were going bust which is why he even contemplated the move.

Once it was on the cards,  he was expecting expecting to be playing Barcelona in the champions league, rather than battling another championship load of brutes.

He was also gutted as he knew he would be playing for England had he gone there.

None of the negative surrounding what made him move applies any more, and the positive of making the England squad is a cherry on the cake.

Edit - Jack being honest Jack:

Of course there's going to be disappointment there. They've beaten Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford, they're playing Barcelona in the Champions League next week.

"I thought I was leaving. Before the new owners, Villa needed the money so I kind of accepted that me going would save the club.

I felt that if I'd gone there I could have maybe been in the England squad by the end of the year.

"At the start of the season my head was swivelled, it was all over the place. Even after the transfer window closed, until the end of August, I wasn't right."

"It's not like I was devastated it didn't happen, though, because I've still got to realise how lucky I am to be playing for my boyhood club. I've played over 100 games for Villa and I've only just turned 23."

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Â