The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

i wouldnt listen to Danny Murphy....part of the liverpool media mafia.

He cant say a single thing without mentioning....when i was at liverpool.

He has just announced his starting 11 for the croatia.....what a tube.

Grealish on the bench.

Part of me wants Grealish to do well at the Euro's but the the other half says if he doesnt play then hopefully it will cool the interest in him and we can have a relaxed summer

He knows he's not going anywhere.

The club knows he's not going anywhere.

Him being successful at the Euros is nothing but beneficial for the club. Imagine if he is the Player of the Tournament, we will have players banging at the door at Bodymoor Heath to come play with him.

• Like 4

I want us to put a bid in for Kane just to shut the City talk up...Lets be fair, the rest of them are a joke. but you can see City giving it the big un. I'd love us to troll them like we did Arsenal. My opening bid to Levy would be 5m.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

It would feel so empty winning a trophy at Man City.   It would evoke absolutely nothing, and the rest of the football world greets every trophy added to their cabinet with complete apathy.

The only attraction as a player I guess would be to be able play alongside the likes of De Bruyne etc.

I deffo get that vibe too. It seems the main draw is like a band of brothers, that you’re playing with this collection of players and coach. When they win a trophy, they turn inward and celebrate with each other. The Etihad doesn’t help. Imagine you could deploy this coaching team, this group of players, this footballing hierarchy to the other side of Europe and it would not change the feeling. The fact that it is at Manchester City is irrelevant. 

I think City supporters feel this emptiness too. I know City supporters that are pretty apathetic now, where once they were blood and thunder in the Division 2 playoff. I also think this is why they feel victimised and search out any criticism. They want to feel something. The whole psychology of supporting the club has shifted upside down and it does not feel right. 

Listen, I have lived in Manchester pretty much my whole life and I really appreciate how the Abu Dhabi United group have regenerated and invested in east Manchester. Yet it all feels ‘soulless’ and inorganic.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Why would Buendia choose to come to us if we were losing Jack?

Because we agreed a fee with Norwich - gave him a whopping signing on fee.

It's all here say of course - but most reports say the villa offer was accepted whilst arse were still mulling it over.

Hopefully this is all wrapped up tomorrow which is great news whether JG stays or not. Obviously I hope he stays.

I think any bid will be rejected and Jack gives us at least next season. The owners are bending over backwards to keep him happy and show we want to challenge. He’s not a mercenary. He wont leave before fans have returned. Too much positivity around the place  right now. Can you imagine the anticlimax

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Because we agreed a fee with Norwich - gave him a whopping signing on fee.

It's all here say of course - but most reports say the villa offer was accepted whilst arse were still mulling it over.

Hopefully this is all wrapped up tomorrow which is great news whether JG stays or not. Obviously I hope he stays.

Buendia doesn’t have to sign a contract if Norwich accept an offer. Not a chance he doesn’t ask “by the way, are you selling the best player in the universe?” because it would be a huge factor in deciding where to go. If we were, he would be a lot more patient with other clubs mulling over their offers.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It would feel so empty winning a trophy at Man City.   It would evoke absolutely nothing, and the rest of the football world greets every trophy added to their cabinet with complete apathy.

The only attraction as a player I guess would be to be able play alongside the likes of De Bruyne etc.

This is the thing.. it must be so fun to play in a team of that quality.

I mean they couldn't necessarily give Buendia a straight answer about whether they'll sell Grealish, the most honest answer they could probably give is "we're going to try not to but who knows"

Edited by Annoyman

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

This is the thing.. it must be so fun to play in a team of that quality.

There's no fun if there's no competition. If these players are competitors as they always reiterate, then I imagine some of the sheen is taken off of their achievements. It's not like they rose through the ranks with sheer hard work. They just hoarded everyone else's best players because they could.

Of all the teams that could be interested in him, City scares me the most. 

Id like to think the 100m+ they’ll part with for Kane should mean they don’t have enough for Jack but if they can manage to shift Sterling and Bernardo Silva, I’m sure they’ll fetch a fair amount. 

Honestly, if I were Villa, I wouldn’t sell but if a club is willing to give us 120/130m for him, it certainly starts a conversation. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

There's no fun if there's no competition. If these players are competitors as they always reiterate, then I imagine some of the sheen is taken off of their achievements. It's not like they rose through the ranks with sheer hard work. They just hoarded everyone else's best players because they could.

They don't win every game 5-0. Stop kidding yourself - Grealish would be mad to not want to play for Man City.

Just now, AV82 said:

They don't win every game 5-0. Stop kidding yourself - Grealish would be mad to not want to play for Man City.

I thought like that but we've just broken our transfer record, more to come. The intent to play champions league football is there and Grealish can achieve that with us. If Leicester got close so can we. 

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Maybe not this season as the pandemic and the tight schedule meant they made a slow start, but they were pretty much doing that 2-3 years ago.

Between 2017-2019 they amassed ~200 points and scored 200 goals which is ridiculous. They won 4 League Cups in a row because they could play their C-team every round and still steamroll everyone.

11 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

I mean they couldn't necessarily give Buendia a straight answer about whether they'll sell Grealish, the most honest answer they could probably give is "we're going to try not to but who knows"

He’s contracted for 4 more years and will be worth the same or more next season. There is literally 0 incentive to sell him.

• Like 2

Tin hat on. 

At what figure does it become a conversation with City? Let’s say they offered 120m... 

I know, I know, we mustn’t sell him, but if you look at what Leicester have achieved by selling Maguire, Mahrez and Kante, it can be done and we could improve. 

I absolutely do not want to sell him. At all. But at what point do you think the club might be tempted? 

Leicester City sold Maguire, Mahrez, and Kante after they'd already won the league so were in a stronger place squad wise than we are now when they sold those players.

Also when you look at it closely what have they actually achieved since they sold those players, yes they've just won the FA Cup but so did Wigan and pretty much any team can potentially win with the right draw and some luck, it's not as if they've been qualifying for the champions league, they've actually become worse since selling Kante and Mahrez.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Reports saying he is Man City's main transfer target this season.

Hopefully it's non sense.

Lazy journalism like newly renewed contract for 5 years JWP being a Villa target

Â