The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

30 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

i wouldnt listen to Danny Murphy....part of the liverpool media mafia.

He cant say a single thing without mentioning....when i was at liverpool.

He has just announced his starting 11 for the croatia.....what a tube.

Grealish on the bench.

Part of me wants Grealish to do well at the Euro's but the the other half says if he doesnt play then hopefully it will cool the interest in him and we can have a relaxed summer

Yes he’s a word removed “Gerrad Houlier used to say to me” what about the other 4 clubs he played for?  I hope Jack has a great tournament and I’m not remotely worried about him leaving the this summer,  it will be like this every summer with Jack , our own fans can’t graps were going somewhere let alone the media and other fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Nah. I mean you're right that a high line is what you'd attempt, but the idea that it would "totally nullify" players of their quality is just wrong.

Man City have played a front 3 of Foden, De Bruyne, and Silva/Mahrez which is a very similar setup, and destroyed PSG's defence with it. No need for a Sterling/Rashford type player.

You say that but Man City have lots of time to drill and a fully gelled squad, you do get that in international football. The other thing they have is great movement. You just can't coach that kind of thing in two weeks. 

In international football the roles have to be more defined and you are more reliant on defensive discipline and individual brilliance. 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Sorry but barring injury - I think he will go to Man City.

- not itk or anything. Just imo.

Genuine question, why do you think that?

I get best player in best team winning most trophies thing but in the real world with discussions he had when signing his contract, how much he would cost, how happy he is, boyhood club, man city never spent that much before, they already have loads in the same position and their focus seems a striker and our owners not willing to sell, I cant get my head it would happen this summer.  Apart from media seemingly wanting to push it either because of agenda or they dont understand whats going on at Villa but aside from that there has been nothing apart from a few respectful acknowledgments of each other. 

I may be fooling myself and I understand yours is just your opinion and that's all but given everything you know I'm surprised you come down on him leaving....i'm intrigued 

3 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

i wouldnt listen to Danny Murphy....part of the liverpool media mafia.

He cant say a single thing without mentioning....when i was at liverpool.

He has just announced his starting 11 for the croatia.....what a tube.

Grealish on the bench.

Part of me wants Grealish to do well at the Euro's but the the other half says if he doesnt play then hopefully it will cool the interest in him and we can have a relaxed summer

I listen to that on my way out and I honestly dont know why they talk to these kind of people

On my way back I listened to see what was on just and they were talking about the Buendia move and said we do have interest in JWP.  They basically said if we did get JWP we did have too many midfielders so seems obvious that Jack would be leaving to somewhere like Jack.  I am paraphrasing but a massive leap of assumption by then....

a) we need a squad of players

b) Buendia could be the No. 8 or the RW or even the LW and thus JWP would be one of four for three midfield spots (maybe five with Ramsey)

c) if somebody leaves it could be SJM or Luiz and not necessarily Jack  

d) buying JWP is a different position to Jack

e) you buy JWP to take advantage of Jack's fouls, not sell the player that gets fouls and then bring in a free kick taker

f) why can everybody else have a squad from big teams to the West Ham's but the media think we only can have a First XI

I dont know why I listen to the media, they'll never be fair to Villa

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

You don’t need Villa goggles on to see how good Jack is

From the comments I just read (on an official England post on FB) then you do. The majority only see hairbands and diving (which he is guilty of....)

They don't see, the vison, the football intelligence, the bravery, the actual skill with a football, the way other players respect him, the way opposition coaches and players fear him....i could go on.

Is it me or are all football fans keen to only see the down side of something?

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I listen to that on my way out and I honestly dont know why they talk to these kind of people

On my way back I listened to see what was on just and they were talking about the Buendia move and said we do have interest in JWP.  They basically said if we did get JWP we did have too many midfielders so seems obvious that Jack would be leaving to somewhere like Jack.  I am paraphrasing but a massive leap of assumption by then....

a) we need a squad of players

b) Buendia could be the No. 8 or the RW or even the LW and thus JWP would be one of four for three midfield spots (maybe five with Ramsey)

c) if somebody leaves it could be SJM or Luiz and not necessarily Jack  

d) buying JWP is a different position to Jack

e) you buy JWP to take advantage of Jack's fouls, not sell the player that gets fouls and then bring in a free kick taker

f) why can everybody else have a squad from big teams to the West Ham's but the media think we only can have a First XI

I dont know why I listen to the media, they'll never be fair to Villa

The media talk constant drivel and can’t see past the obvious, or they’re being paid to feed this nonsense into the public psyche. Probably a bit of both. 

My own opinion is that he’ll stay while we’re making this sort of progress. With in a reasonably short time I believe we will be competing for silverware and challenging right at the top of the PL and Europe. 

Money isn’t as important to players as most people believe. Jack is earning well over £100K a week! A week! More money than he’ll ever need. I hear people say things like he could double his money at City, who wouldn’t want to double their money? It’s not the same as you and I doubling our money. For most of us that changes our lives, gives us more security etc. The players are earning so much, that their present and future is already secure and certainly doesn’t lack money. 

To lift a trophy anywhere would be nice for Jack I’m sure. But to lift trophies wearing a Villa shirt and captain’s arm band is the stuff of dreams. When he retires he won’t be short of money but if he has memories of winning finals as Villa captain, that’s something that money can’t buy. 

What he’ll also have to consider is how would he feel if he left and he had to watch someone else lifting trophies for us and he could only watch? We’re on our way to the top, with or without him. I’m pretty sure it’ll be with him. 

Edited by DaveAV1

4 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

From the comments I just read (on an official England post on FB) then you do. The majority only see hairbands and diving (which he is guilty of....)

They don't see, the vison, the football intelligence, the bravery, the actual skill with a football, the way other players respect him, the way opposition coaches and players fear him....i could go on.

Is it me or are all football fans keen to only see the down side of something?

It's England mate. Quick to big somebody up, even quicker to bring them down. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Sorry but barring injury - I think he will go to Man City.

- not itk or anything. Just imo.

and who would resent him a move to his boyhood club, challenging for honours rather than fighting relegation each year with little or no chance of progression. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

and who would resent him a move to his boyhood club, challenging for honours rather than fighting relegation each year with little or no chance of progression. 

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The media talk constant drivel and can’t see past the obvious, or they’re being paid to feed this nonsense into the public psyche. Probably a bit of both. 

My own opinion is that he’ll stay while we’re making this sort of progress. With in a reasonably short time I believe we will be competing for silverware and challenging right at the top of the PL and Europe. 

Money isn’t as important to players as most people believe. Jack is earning well over £100K a week! A week! More money than he’ll ever need. I hear people say things like he could double his money at City, who wouldn’t want to double their money? It’s not the same as you and I doubling our money. For most of us that changes our lives, gives us more security etc. The players are earning so much, that their present and future is already secure and certainly doesn’t lack money. 

To lift a trophy anywhere would be nice for Jack I’m sure. But to lift trophies wearing a Villa shirt and captain’s arm band is the stuff of dreams. When he retires he won’t be short of money but if he has memories of winning finals as Villa captain, that’s something that money can’t buy. 

What he’ll also have to consider is how would he feel if he left and he had to watch someone else lifting trophies for us and he could only watch? We’re on our way to the top, with or without him. I’m pretty sure it’ll be with him. 

I agree and as a kid all he would’ve dreamt about is winning trophies with Villa and England, I know that’s I dreamt about.  He has the chance now and be one of the main reasons for doing that.

My dream wasn’t to play for Aston Villa and then move to the biggest team of the moment and win trophies.  My dream was to make Villa as big as possible and captain them to trophies.

Maybe it’s different when you are in that position but to leave your boyhood club when you are a hero and the club is progressing so well would be a huge emotional decision that would for me feel not my childhood dream.

players like Shearer and Le Tiss wanted success at their clubs, I think Jack will be the same given the club is going places.  If the club wasn’t going places I’d understand by we are going places.  Plus their is no guarantee a transfer to another club results in player success there.

It would feel so empty winning a trophy at Man City.   It would evoke absolutely nothing, and the rest of the football world greets every trophy added to their cabinet with complete apathy.

The only attraction as a player I guess would be to be able play alongside the likes of De Bruyne etc.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It would feel so empty winning a trophy at Man City.   It would evoke absolutely nothing, and the rest of the football world greets every trophy added to their cabinet with complete apathy.

The only attraction as a player I guess would be to be able play alongside the likes of De Bruyne etc.

If KDB wants to live the dream I’m sure we could find him a spot with Jack. 

Â