The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Blue Moon thread on Grealish has increased by 33 pages since yesterday. At this rate will outstrip our own years old thread.

I remember my first beer. 

We’ll throw 300 pages down at the slightest hint of a player with a fancy name. 

• Like 1

I think for the first time I will watch all the England matches as a priority. 

It's pretty clear he is now one of the biggest names in football. At AVFC bringing the club up from the championship 2 years ago. Remarkable. 

Tbh, I almost feel he is one of those people who revels in being different, aka not following, but taking the lead. 

Who knows what the future will bring, but I hope he stays forever. Play to you're 35 here. Be Birmingham's Totti. Win us trophies and get a stand named after yourself. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I remember my first beer. 

We’ll throw 300 pages down at the slightest hint of a player with a fancy name. 

I barely remember my last beer and that was yesterday

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, est1874 said:

Us/we always means Villa for me. Club football came first and is far more important than internationals, which truth be told I couldn't give a toss about. Perhaps that makes me unpatriotic, but the only interest I take in international games is when Villa players are involved. 

Or I've got a bet on, which is rare.

The international scene has been over saturated for the love of money, it should be World cup, Euros, home international tournament and friendlies and maybe a random friendly if it doesn't conflict with domestic duties. Sick of seeing these nothing games where people are boosting there caps/goals records on the cheap.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Don't get me wrong Jack sold it but it wasn't a dive, from certain angles you'll never see it (ie the angle that Leeds and West ham fans are frantically trying to make gifs of) but the Romanian guy clips his leg

There's then the fact that Jack who has possession of the ball runs across the line of the defender and then in front of him because he wins the up top physical battle so the clip of the legs was almost inevitable 

It was a bit like the pogba penalty from last season vs Luiz, its his ball, running alongside each other the attacker can step across but a tangle of legs will only end one way - but this one was more blatant (pogba tripped himself up) 

It looked at first like the upper body stuff caused him to go down but it didn't, he fought that off really well outside the box 

Its good work, to borrow that shot phrase "clever play" that's exactly what it is bit cleverer than kane and less cheaty

Depends how we’re defining dive. Grealish grabs the blokes arm to make it look like he’s being pulled and then ensures there’s leg contact.

Personally, I don’t like it and it’s absolutely no different to Fernandes/Kane/etc - but due to club bias, it’s fine when Grealish does it. Go figure ;) 

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Mount will play. Southgate would play him in goal if the alternative is to not play him at all.

If Grealish doesn’t start in the next game I would just ask what’s the point. He has been the standout player for England for the majority of games in the last 12 months. He’s just not one of Southgate’s favourites like Rashford or Sterling. The latter of the 2 shouldn’t even be in the squad as he’s been poor in an excellent team for the 2nd half of the season.

Playing rashford or Sterling would be the over grealish and foden wouldn’t surprise me with Southgate. He is a lazy newspaper driven manager. If the sun predict 11 has those two in it that’s the team that gets picked.

wouldn’t expect anything less from Southgate he should have been sacked for failing to get us to the World Cup final with the easiest draw and England mangers ever had 

• Like 2

Rashford wearing the armband yesterday is a sure sign he’ll start ahead of Jack. 
as one if the commentators mentioned yesterday, his decision making has been poor. But he’ll no doubt get to start.

Southgate is clueless.

8 hours ago, Awol said:

Despite the fact Rashford and Sterling are bang out of form. “Want man who run fast, no tippy-tappy clever ball.”

It’s inevitable Southgate will f*** it up again this tournament. Grealish - Mount - Foden would be killers in a 3 behind Kane. 

I just don't see on what planet anyone could say they just don't see that. Madness. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Looks like a man who's about 2 days away from signing a lucrative watch sponsorship deal

And the Internet is pretty mad at times, that's a everose gold rolex day date 40, yours for around £40,000

Lay off him, he worked really hard for two or three days to pay for that watch 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also Gareth is a complete tool! 

A week before the tournament starts, he is playing players that aren't selected to play. While saying Foden, Mount and Grealish can't play together. What the actual ****? 

Why were we not trying that last night?  This is what we should be playing if Gareth has to play one speed merchant. 

Kane 

Rashford Grealish Foden 

Mount Rice  

My choice would be  which would get to semis. 30 mins left get Rashford or Sancho on. 

Kane 

Grealish Mount Foden 

Bellingham Rice

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Also Gareth is a complete tool! 

A week before the tournament starts, he is playing players that aren't selected to play. While saying Foden, Mount and Grealish can't play together. What the actual ****? 

Why were we not trying that last night?  This is what we should be playing if Gareth has to play one speed merchant. 

Kane 

Rashford Grealish Foden 

Mount Rice  

My choice would be  which would get to semis. 30 mins left get Rashford or Sancho on. 

Kane 

Grealish Mount Foden 

Bellingham Rice

In fairness to Southgate the Man City and Chelsea players were being rested after the Champions League Final, it had already been agreed.

Kane was also being rested so that we don't go into a tournament with our biggest goal threat not fully fit; it was a risk we didn't need to take.

I think it looks promising for Grealish, Southgate has let him get minutes in to build up his fitness. He's now got a week off and should start.

• Like 1

Absolutely ridiculous that we've got arguably the most talked about player going into an international tournament.

We've got one of the best players in world football captaining our club.

It's genuinely remarkable to see where we are as a club with Jack at the centre of it, compared to where we were a few years ago.

Can't wait for the EURO's to kick off and our captain to show the world just how good he is.

• Like 2

Tbh, I see Southgate not starting Jack. He's biased towards the big clubs and will use Rashford or Mount for full games until he goes blue. The same goes for Maguire who is an undoubted error waiting to happen. I'd much rather have Konsa with Stones as Maguire always tries to do too much and ends up failing.

One of the biggest problems for Grealish for England is that he doesnt run beyond the striker that much, hes the creator. 

Kane is the outright striker and he drops off, when Grealish was behind him Kane killed his space, if Grealish is on the left hes got no one to pass forward to. 

Now if Kane is being told to do this then the "wingers" need to be runners like Sterling and Rashford (as ineffective as they are). 

Kane needs to be told be the spear point and let Grealish/Foden/Sancho create for him. 

We wont we will continue to let Kane drop off, two headless chickens run on and allow the plan to be for the full backs to switch the ball 60 yards across the pitch in the hope of getting space. It doesnt work against crap defensive teams, it doesnt work against good footballing teams.

Grealish and Foden are the golden ticket here, throw in the dynamism of Mount into midfield and you have your formula. 

We will probably end up beating Croatia with a crap performance and first team and Jack will be on the sidelines for most of the tournament.

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

In fairness to Southgate the Man City and Chelsea players were being rested after the Champions League Final, it had already been agreed.

Kane was also being rested so that we don't go into a tournament with our biggest goal threat not fully fit; it was a risk we didn't need to take.

I think it looks promising for Grealish, Southgate has let him get minutes in to build up his fitness. He's now got a week off and should start.

Exactly! He’s been given the most minutes out of any attacking player yet our fans are still moaning. Let’s just wait until next game inda read of all deciding it’s a dead cert he doesn’t start. 

• Thanks 1

Â