The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will start or feature in every single game unless it’s a meaningless third group game. Somebody (can’t remember who), will lose their bet against me.

Yes, he will no doubt "feature". Southgate would get slaughtered otherwise. There's a huge difference though with starting games or getting pointless cameos at 90'.

• Like 1

Was listening to a podcast the other day, they seemed to think that against the better sides (including Croatia) Southgate will revert back to the back three. They thought that Jack would play as the left forward position ala Hazard for Contes Chelsea, but would need pace on the other side. Not sure I buy it myself as recently been playing 4 at the back. Either way though, Jack has to start 

I’m in this horrible place where I hate Southgate so much that I want us to have a terrible tournament so he’s not manager anymore.

But, I really want us to win the Euros. 

Throw the fact he won’t play Jack and my head is all over the place with it. I know a few Newcastle fans and they genuinely wanted to lose as many games as possible, whilst still avoiding relegation, just so it meant Bruce would leave. 

It’s a really bad place to be because we all should be so excited with the current crop of players we have yet I don’t think you could have chose a less charismatic, idiot of a manager. I mean, his domestic record is steeped in failure, it’s a miracle he even got the job.

Grealish has to play. I want Southgate to feel the pressure of knowing that if he doesn’t play him, and we lose/draw, he’ll be asked, ‘why, well didn’t you play Jack?’.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He has to start - if he doesn't and we don't win, Southgate will be slaughtered. He's now in a position where he can't afford not to pick him.

Unless we win it Southgate will get slaughtered regardless. Captain hindsights will come out.. 

If he plays Grealish and we lose he will get battered for not playing Foden, Sancho etc. 

If he plays walker, he will get battered for not picking James. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh likes that going to happen. 

Sadly I think that's exactly what's going to happen. If it helps, I wish from the bottom of my heart that I'm horribly wrong. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

We are both children of the 60s David 

That we are dear boy. I sometimes enjoy forgetting that particular reality. Live for the memories and avoid mirrors has been my method for a while now. 😀

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Sadly I think that's exactly what's going to happen. If it helps, I wish from the bottom of my heart that I'm horribly wrong. 

That is not going to happen but to be honest I personally wouldnt care if did. Villa are more important than England.

Anyway Southgate took the piss in giving him a chance but since then he has featured pretty heavily when been fit. Our fans need to get over this agenda they seem to think Southgate has with Grealish. 

• Like 1

It's a win win for Jack whether he starts or not. For what it's worth I don't think him coming off the bench is a bad thing especially if it's because the team are struggling. He'll be buzzing to make the difference and if successful Southgates hand may be forced for the second game. To be fair to the team though there are players such as Foden and Mount who can make a big difference too. What is clear though is that Jack is out on his own with the skill set he possesses.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

My agenda is with him not having a clue what he’s doing. I can’t remember the last time we actually played well. 

Jack is a sideshow in the circus that is Southgates management. The man should never have been given the job. 

I agree with that. 

Think it was a "dive"... but it was also a foul.  Since referees don't give anything unless a player falls over,  I'm passed caring about how bad the falling over looks. 

If the refs start giving fouls when they should, and not requiring a player to fall over, but to just be knocked off their stride, then I'll start my anti diving bandwagon again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That is not going to happen but to be honest I personally wouldnt care if did. Villa are more important than England.

Anyway Southgate took the piss in giving him a chance but since then he has featured pretty heavily when been fit. Our fans need to get over this agenda they seem to think Southgate has with Grealish. 

Southgate should've called him up 3 years ago. He most certainly had an agenda, highlighted by his many, totally absurd comments about why Jack wasn't ready. Eventually he caved in to the media pressure. Furthermore, Jack hasn't even played any 'real' games for England yet. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish has to play. I want Southgate to feel the pressure of knowing that if he doesn’t play him, and we lose/draw, he’ll be asked, ‘why, well didn’t you play Jack?’.

Oh he will be asked.

That'll be first question if we draw/lose and Jack doesn't get on. He wouldn't dare not bring him on if they need a goal.

He's let the cat out the bag now. Grealish is the centre of attention as we all knew he would be.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Think it was a "dive"... but it was also a foul.  Since referees don't give anything unless a player falls over,  I'm passed caring about how bad the falling over looks. 

If the refs start giving fouls when they should, and not requiring a player to fall over, but to just be knocked off their stride, then I'll start my anti diving bandwagon again.

I couldnt give a toss if it was a little on the divey side. I think it was foul but the fact he was pushed, hacked, tripped and kicked the entire game just makes it fair game at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That we are dear boy. I sometimes enjoy forgetting that particular reality. Live for the memories and avoid mirrors has been my method for a while now. 😀

All hail Peter pan 😉

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Don't get me wrong Jack sold it but it wasn't a dive, from certain angles you'll never see it (ie the angle that Leeds and West ham fans are frantically trying to make gifs of) but the Romanian guy clips his leg

There's then the fact that Jack who has possession of the ball runs across the line of the defender and then in front of him because he wins the up top physical battle so the clip of the legs was almost inevitable 

It was a bit like the pogba penalty from last season vs Luiz, its his ball, running alongside each other the attacker can step across but a tangle of legs will only end one way - but this one was more blatant (pogba tripped himself up) 

It looked at first like the upper body stuff caused him to go down but it didn't, he fought that off really well outside the box 

Its good work, to borrow that shot phrase "clever play" that's exactly what it is bit cleverer than kane and less cheaty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks like a man who's about 2 days away from signing a lucrative watch sponsorship deal

And the Internet is pretty mad at times, that's a everose gold rolex day date 40, yours for around £40,000

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't get me wrong Jack sold it but it wasn't a dive, from certain angles you'll never see it (ie the angle that Leeds and West ham fans are frantically trying to make gifs of) but the Romanian guy clips his leg

There's then the fact that Jack who has possession of the ball runs across the line of the defender and then in front of him because he wins the up top physical battle so the clip of the legs was almost inevitable 

It was a bit like the pogba penalty from last season vs Luiz, its his ball, running alongside each other the attacker can step across but a tangle of legs will only end one way - but this one was more blatant (pogba tripped himself up) 

It looked at first like the upper body stuff caused him to go down but it didn't, he fought that off really well outside the box 

Its good work, to borrow that shot phrase "clever play" that's exactly what it is bit cleverer than kane and less cheaty

He threw his leg that could have stopped him falling over out the way of the floor. He would have stayed up right if he hadn't consciously done that. Like I said, it was a foul, I'm not debating that, so it comes down to how you define a dive.

I define it as falling over when you could have stayed up right (without causing yourself injury). Jack definitely didn't fall over naturally and in my view I think he could quite easily have stayed up right.

Â