The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Incredibly, there was even an offer from Birmingham City to take him on loan, The Athletic can reveal.

Lee Clark, a manager with an eye for talented young players, wanted him on board, but the reaction from Grealish’s camp suggested there was more chance of him taking up Irish dancing for six months than moving in that direction.

Bitter rivals Birmingham were politely told to “do one” and all other offers were respectfully declined.

Just when you thought you couldn't love the man any more :wub:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Indigo said:

Can't read too much into YouTube videos but he looks a player this fella.

This all happened in 1 season, a season that he missed 1/3 of, what the hell. You'd have to encompass 2 or 3 years for most players to get 10 mins of footage like this. What a **** player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He is literally better than Mcginn at everything but dribbling, fouling and the number of long passes he completes.

Screenshot_20210605_174823_com.android.chrome~2_compress72.jpg

Screenshot_20210605_174819_com.android.chrome~2_compress73.jpg

Screenshot_20210605_174815_com.android.chrome~2_compress96.jpg

I don't see us signing JWP. After the signing of Buendia and assuming we're going to go after a defensive midfielder as well, it leaves Ramsey, Luiz, Mcginn and Sanson competing for 1 spot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mcginn or Luis move on if a good offer came in. If not great squad depth finally.

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I don't see us signing JWP. After the signing of Buendia and assuming we're going to go after a defensive midfielder as well, it leaves Ramsey, Luiz, Mcginn and Sanson competing for 1 spot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mcginn or Luis move on if a good offer came in. If not great squad depth finally.

I agree. The guy I was responding to said he was crap at everything but set pieces so I was setting him right. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

JWP is about as unsignable for us as Grealish is for anyone else, and they have similar motivations.  JWP is a childhood Southampton fan, club captain, and is already on sizable wages.  He wants to play for HIS club and continue to drive them along as far as he can. 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This all happened in 1 season, a season that he missed 1/3 of, what the hell. You'd have to encompass 2 or 3 years for most players to get 10 mins of footage like this. What a **** player.

Watching that video makes me think what could have been this year how many good chances we missed 

Grealish would have bout 30 assists 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He is literally better than Mcginn at everything but dribbling, fouling and the number of long passes he completes.

JWP better at everything than McGinn except interceptions, blocks, shots per game, dribbling, drawing a foul, long balls, through balls. Got it. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

JWP is about as unsignable for us as Grealish is for anyone else, and they have similar motivations.  JWP is a childhood Southampton fan, club captain, and is already on sizable wages.  He wants to play for HIS club and continue to drive them along as far as he can. 

Im fairly certain he was born in Portsmouth and he and his whole family support Portsmouth; but I have been wrong before

35 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I'm fairly certain he was born in Portsmouth and he and his whole family support Portsmouth; but I have been wrong before

Yes, this is correct. He was a Pompey ST holder whilst moving through the youth system at Southampton. 

Source (timestamped): 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Ok, Villa are now BRACED for an incoming bid for Jack form Citeh, its on newsnow so must be legit.

How do they no this and if braced, I presume that means all computers, phones, fax machines and morse code operators have been switched off.

Safe, if we're braced he ain't going no where.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

JWP better at everything than McGinn except interceptions, blocks, shots per game, dribbling, drawing a foul, long balls, through balls. Got it. 

Drawing a foul is dribbling.

Through balls and long balls are generally synonymous. 

A difference of 0.1 on blocks in interceptions could actually be incredibly marginal due to rounding. 

And having more shots per game than Prowse but with 5 fewer goals makes mcginn substantially worse at shooting. 

Â