The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

As for gabby...waste of time even talking about it, you just know Keith the utd fan from Cambridge is going to call him out on the valuation

He's worth whatever the **** Aston Villa say he's worth and not a penny less

Gabby is again right, no one is paying what villa would want, but also again gabby says it in a way that sounds a bit daft plus then us all knowing he is a bit daft there's way too many who will just disagree with him rather than actually listening to what he says 

And talksport being talksport they've edited out the bit where he says he's not leaving, Brazil says to him "if he wasn't (staying) where would he go?" 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As for gabby...waste of time even talking about it, you just know Keith the utd fan from Cambridge is going to call him out on the valuation

He's worth whatever the **** Aston Villa say he's worth and not a penny less

Gabby is again right, no one is paying what villa would want, but also again gabby says it in a way that sounds a bit daft plus then us all knowing he is a bit daft there's way too many who will just disagree with him rather than actually listening to what he says 

And talksport being talksport they've edited out the bit where he says he's not leaving, Brazil says to him "if he wasn't (staying) where would he go?" 

Its doesn't suit the narrative having talk of him staying. They're going to rinse it for all it's worth this summer and as he's our star player that everybody wants....well we're going to have to get used to this nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Glad he raised the issue. What the hell is wrong with us with free kicks and corners?! It's ridiculous that we have Jack's ability to win them yet nobody who is competent or at least confident of taking them?! Needs sorting out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Get what right? Your not actually explaining what you think the club should be doing? Hand in hand with what? 

Jack's individual endorsements, promotions, profile raising will be managed by his own team. The club have no authority over his extra curricular activities. Ultimately as much as he loves Villa it's just a place of work. I don't understand what you expect them to do? Beckham became huge because of similar circumstances. Icon at his club, then international icon, good personal management. Very little to do with Utd than provide a platform to perform on. When he left he arguably became a bigger star. 

I think your reaching on the clubs authority and exactly what they can and can't do. They don't own him.

Not looking for an argument - and as someone else said, image rights are often part of a contract, so it would depend on that.

But you asked what the club could do...
The first thing we could do (contract dependent) would be around sponsors. When you have a recognisable face, it gives the club something they could use in negotiations, and can change the companies you can target.
Gillette uses various Liverpool players in their ads, and the club (and probably players) benefit from it both financially and from a profile perspective. 
Perhaps slightly left field, but with the Kappa kit, could Jack and few others given the range of internationals, do something there? They are big in Italy, and it doesn't always have to be UK centric.

As an aside - get John McGinn on Irn Bru cans!!!

My only point is that we have a footballing asset who is recognisable on the international stage for the first time since Platt in 1990 (who didn't stick around long). These assets can make a lot of money.

There are also potential tax implications for image rights, rather than salary. For example, a player could set themselves up as a Limited Company, and image rights could go through that. They could then take dividends or even hold the earnings for when they are retired, meaning the tax rate they pay could be much lower, and avoid national insurance on both sides - which could be a lot. I would expect the club to do the right thing by Jack with regards this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Came here to post this video.

Everyone I know who isn't a Villa fan has a go at Jack's personality, but they don't know anything about him. That he would do something like that doesn't surprise me at all.

Edited by Greenfly
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Shit 😂

At least he is being honest.

Hourihane was the only decent one in the squad and he isn't probably coming back is he. So....

We need to add more quality there somehow. Given how many free kicks we win it seems counter intuitive to not have the talent to make the most of it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Hourihane was the only decent one in the squad and he isn't probably coming back is he. So....

We need to add more quality there somehow. Given how many free kicks we win it seems counter intuitive to not have the talent to make the most of it!

Hourihane set piece prowess is most overstated thing by many on here. What did he score like 1 direct free kick last season?

11 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

They're going to rinse it for all it's worth this summer and as he's our star player that everybody wants....well we're going to have to get used to this nonsense. 

To be fair mate, I think the majority of us are used to it as it's been going on for the last 3 or so years now.

Jack is like a stunning woman you see in a bar that you briefly clap eyes on and think 'Pwhoor yeah', but you know you've no chance of getting her and instead you just have to briefly sit and admire them instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be fair mate, I think the majority of us are used to it as it's been going on for the last 3 or so years now.

Jack is like a stunning woman you see in a bar that you briefly clap eyes on and think 'Pwhoor yeah', but you know you've no chance of getting her and instead you just have to briefly sit and admire them instead.

“Jack is like a stunning woman” headline on Brum Live clickbait site. 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, birdman said:

Glad he raised the issue. What the hell is wrong with us with free kicks and corners?! It's ridiculous that we have Jack's ability to win them yet nobody who is competent or at least confident of taking them?! Needs sorting out. 

Imagine we had Ward-prowse...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Apart from the two belters against us, does he really score that many free kicks? 

I’ve no idea but your question highlights the importance of all the data analysis that’s so involved these days in football. As fans we watch a relatively small amount of football and without an array of data for just about every aspect of play. We bought David Geddis all those years ago on the back of an FA Cup Final performance. That sort of thing is less likely now because we would do in-depth due diligence. We may still buy him and he could still be very average, (except for his hat trick against SHA), but I suppose we’re lowering the risk of failure. 

We could do with adding a good set piece player though!

Â