The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I've never heard Roy Keane showering praise on a player like he has with Jack. 

I did say yesterday, Keane hates most humans, so if he praises you, you must be doing something right.

Then again, he's probably known him as a kid from when he was here as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Exactly, no one is spending £100-120 mill on a player that has to ice his shins after 70 minutes.

He's still healing

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He's still healing

Yes true. But he has missed chunks of the last 3 seasons. That’s a potential risk for other teams that may lower the price they would be willing to pay.

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" A player who has given his life to the club"

You make it sound as if we kidnapped him in Angola and he grew to love us eventually, against his own will.

He is 25 years old, you make it seem like he is 33 and deserves a final pay day.

The club has also GIVEN LIFE to Jack Grealish.

I don't care if you were born in the Centre Circle at VP, your view is bizarre and not conducive to wanting what is best for the club.

" Given his life " ... the dramatics.

6-25 is the majority of his life but thats semantics. 

Next summer he will nearly be 27, so yes he will be near full potential and have 3 years at the top top level.

Thats my opinion. Doesn't make me less of a Villa fan because I have it. 

• Like 1

Just now, maqroll said:

Took another look at Blue Moon this morning. Half the post match posts are about how shite he played

But...but....Roy Keane....

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Took another look at Blue Moon this morning. Half the post match posts are about how shite he played

That's because there was a moment when Jack was trying to play a couple of quick one two passes which didn't work out and went to the opposition. Because of that his passing is a liability so hes been written off. Absolutely thick as mince! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Assuming they're doing this after the euros,  there is no way they'd accept anything.  His value playing for us will massively outweigh any cash they can offer us, and I don't think they could afford much more than 100m anyway. We couldn't use that money to buy a replacement that is as good, and it sets our stall out as one of the also rans.

I think there will be a clause, its normal for any player, but I think it is going to be considerably higher than what someone is likely to be able to offer for him, and Jack isn't kicking up a fuss to move this season (or probably any season I'd have thought). All moot points really.  Jack's playing for us next season. 

Purslow says we don't do release clauses. 

• Like 2

With a bit of luck we win the Euros. Jack has a trophy so that one cant be labelled at him, then he can fully concentrate on signing the lifetime contract and taking us to the glory we and he deserves at club level. Jack Grealish is our best chance at getting to where the owners want, they know it, we know it. I hope they are giving him yearly golden handshakes off the books and no one can ever sign him. The end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Next summer he will nearly be 27, so yes he will be near full potential and have 3 years at the top top level.

The 1980s called and it wants it's football back. Players don't need to be put out to pasture at 30 anymore, minimum 2 years at their peak, for Jack's generation possibly more. What were the outliers of the previous generation, Maldini, Giggs, Pirlo, Ronaldo, Buffon etc. etc. will be far more normal in this generation.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

6-25 is the majority of his life but thats semantics. 

Thats my opinion. Doesn't make me less of a Villa fan because I have it. 

A lot of people seem to know what Jack is thinking but none of us do. I think we all want him to stay but he has to do whats right for him. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I've never heard Roy Keane showering praise on a player like he has with Jack. 

He loves players with a set of balls.

Jack's are gargantuan and made of steel.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He loves players with a set of balls.

Jack's are gargantuan and made of steel.

Yep, a man who made a career from clattering people likes watching a guy rise to the challenge of getting clattered 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is the kind of tripe that winds me up.

Are you a Jack Grealish fan, or a Villa fan?

Absolutely **** bizarre.

Not " I could see why he would want to go " or " He will probably go " but, he SHOULD go... wtf??!

Absolutely spot on. 

We've got some weird people in our support. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, romavillan said:

The 1980s called and it wants it's football back. Players don't need to be put out to pasture at 30 anymore, minimum 2 years at their peak, for Jack's generation possibly more. What were the outliers of the previous generation, Maldini, Giggs, Pirlo, Ronaldo, Buffon etc. etc. will be far more normal in this generation.

Reality has called.

Grealish is 25 and already breaks down each season. 

Whilst players can certainly go on longer their maximum ability tends to be around 27-31.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Lampard and Gerrard wasn't the problem.

Playing no holding midfielders behind them to complete the puzzle when you had unbelievable deep lying playmakers like Carrick and Scholes at disposal was the true tragedy for England.

As easy as that. Where were you when needed ?

Â