The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Not a shocker by any means but clearly taking it a little easier and quite sensibly hasn't chased the game too much. Quite disciplined and following his instructions  no doubt. Still one of the stand outs regardless. 

Thats Its just a useful workout . Rather see him put on his best show when it matters. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was largely average but everybody still fawns over him. Gosh, can you imagine if they watched him play for us? 

didn't this happen on his england debut? was like a 6/10 by his standards but everyone was going nuts

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was largely average but everybody still fawns over him. Gosh, can you imagine if they watched him play for us? 

Yep dixon very impressed 

The amount of people who told me “that Grealish is sh*t” Im texting them all now to ask if he still is, they laughed at when I said he’d make the England squad they laughed at me when I said he’d be a nominee for pfa player of the season , “no way a premier league player”  one day things will be on the other hand and we as villa fans can belittle their players 

Anyone else get a sense he's been told to 'tone it down' somewhat? He really isn't at his best with the handbrake on. Think it's unlikely he'll be starting games. Southgate is a fool. 

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The amount of people who told me “that Grealish is sh*t” Im texting them all now to ask if he still is, they laughed at when I said he’d make the England squad they laughed at me when I said he’d be a nominee for pfa player of the season , “no way a premier league player”  one day things will be on the other hand and we as villa fans can belittle their players 

I'd wait until he is voted player of the tournament. 

Only people who don't like him are thick blose, dog head, baggies and leeds fans. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Anyone else get a sense he's been told to 'tone it down' somewhat? He really isn't at his best with the handbrake on. Think it's unlikely he'll be starting games. Southgate is a fool. 

It's called building up your fitness. None of the team were going all out guns blazing because its a warm up and not necessary. 

22 minutes ago, birdman said:

Not a shocker by any means but clearly taking it a little easier and quite sensibly hasn't chased the game too much. Quite disciplined and following his instructions  no doubt. Still one of the stand outs regardless. 

All about opinions ain't it? Thought he was poor personally, can't remember him playing so badly since the first few games of project restart. Still though, produced two moments of magic and looked England's most creative player on the night. Just highlights how much natural ability he has 

Interesting interview after the match, no surprise at all they picked him to speak to.

Not shin splints, but also not something he is over.  Wonder if he'll be managing it like this (70 minute games?) for the rest of his career... Either way, instrumental in everything that we did that was good. Going to shine at the Euros 

Edited by MrBlack

Just now, birdman said:

It's called building up your fitness. None of the team were going all out guns blazing because its a warm up and not necessary. 

Perhaps... dunno but for me there's more than a few of them playing with too much fear. Nothing new really. Unnecessary pressure has always been England's biggest enemy. Southgate really doesn't help. He epitomizes fear and weakness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is it just me, or does he not run around as much in an England shirt? 

100%. I wondered whether he struggled against weaker opposition. As in either he cant get up for the game as much and or doesnt put everything into it, because it's like playing a championship side. The only game he played for england similar to how he does for villa, was against Belgium. Which is like playing a top premier league team.

• Like 1

The way he created England's goal was an illustration on why you can't just use assists and 'xgs' to judge players. If it wasn't for his pass in the first place and then his driving run into the box there wouldn't have been a goal.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Â