The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Is it just me, or does he not run around as much in an England shirt? 

He is either still injured and playing through the pain or protecting himself cause it's a friendly which I doubt because he'll wanting to be starting in the euros. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Probably under instruction from Southgate to keep the shape of guess.

Southgate made a big thing of him ‘learning how they like to play’ when he was first involved with the England set up. 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 2

Such a load of shit spouted on here at times, he is a great player , not invincible but great, he does get fouled loads but also does go down easily at times, perhaps he expects to be clattered so plays for that but there are times when criticism against him is justified, unless you can’t allow yourself to accept that.

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It is a friendly today. And probably isn't given as much of a licence to roam especially with Kane taking up a lot of the positions he would want to occupy. 

Not having a great game but still should have an assist and "won" 2 free kicks in dangerous positions.

Wincing every time he gets tackled, so this could be a long summer... expect he'll be off within 15 mins of the second half, if not before.

6 minutes ago, smg said:

Such a load of shit spouted on here at times, he is a great player , not invincible but great, he does get fouled loads but also does go down easily at times, perhaps he expects to be clattered so plays for that but there are times when criticism against him is justified, unless you can’t allow yourself to accept that.

He goes down easily sometimes but they are still fouls.

You aren't allowed to get the man before the ball which is generally what happens. 

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He doesn't have to. Better players get the ball to him, he doesn't have to go looking for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Nowhere near fit and had a shocker, but helped to create England's two biggest chances on the night. Still reckon he'll play a big part this summer 

Not a shocker by any means but clearly taking it a little easier and quite sensibly hasn't chased the game too much. Quite disciplined and following his instructions  no doubt. Still one of the stand outs regardless. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say he had a bad game, but it's not the scintillating performance we're used to seeing from him. As has been said though, his role in the England setup is far more restricted than for us, so that's not all that surprising.

Still did a lot right, and the commentators seem to agree.

Edited by Greenfly

33 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He goes down easily sometimes but they are still fouls.

You aren't allowed to get the man before the ball which is generally what happens. 

He knows that, which is why he deliberately puts his body between the opponent and the ball that doesn’t mean he has to go down every time.though sometimes the other option may be better.

Edited by smg
Two bottles of wine

Â