The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, El Zen said:

But you’re talking to someone who’d have the number 10 tattooed on his right pec if his wife didn’t shoot it down with a strong veto

You spelt your username wrong 

I do worry about his shins and that they aren't fully healed. Jack had to come back into the Villa team 3 games before the season end to make sure he got into the England camp. Even now Gareth said he isn't training full time with the rest of the team. 

40 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd be fairly confident Ashley Preece has been fed this by the club though. 

He signed a 5 year contract only 9 months ago. If we don't want to sell him, for any price, we won't. And that should probably be the end of the chatter. At least it will be for me. 

I agree. But it wasn't long ago when Preece was getting trashed in this thread when he was singing a slightly different tune. People will believe what they want to believe it seems. I personally don't think he's going anywhere, but until I hear it from the horse's mouth or someone close then I really don't know. Though the latest report from Preece does align with how I see the whole situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

In the interview he explained his injury in that he tried to come back too soon a couple of months ago and had a relapse, so this time he's taken it easy and made sure it's right.

Explains the reason why Smith said he was imminently back a few months ago only for him to no show causing such consternation amongst some of our sillier fans. 

The only thing that worried me was his comment about all the other players he's competing with playing in Europa or Champions league finals.  Worried that might be giving him food for thought. 

Agree, looks to me like he's being lined up as the face of England. But for his nonsense in lockdown I think he'd already have a much bigger media presence. I suspect that will all be forgotten if he has a good tournament and he'll be promoting all kinds of men's toiletries the lucky boy. 

Already a big part of sport directs 'only a game' campaign. I have seen the long form add 3 or 4 times on YouTube but the only short version I've is grealish. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

In the interview he explained his injury in that he tried to come back too soon a couple of months ago and had a relapse, so this time he's taken it easy and made sure it's right.

Explains the reason why Smith said he was imminently back a few months ago only for him to no show causing such consternation amongst some of our sillier fans. 

The only thing that worried me was his comment about all the other players he's competing with playing in Europa or Champions league finals.  Worried that might be giving him food for thought. 

Agree, looks to me like he's being lined up as the face of England. But for his nonsense in lockdown I think he'd already have a much bigger media presence. I suspect that will all be forgotten if he has a good tournament and he'll be promoting all kinds of men's toiletries the lucky boy. 

Already a big part of sport directs 'only a game' campaign. I have seen the long form add 3 or 4 times on YouTube but the only short version I've is grealish. 

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I agree. But it wasn't long ago when Preece was getting trashed in this thread when he was singing a slightly different tune. People will believe what they want to believe it seems. I personally don't think he's going anywhere, but until I hear it from the horse's mouth or someone close then I really don't know. Though the latest report from Preece does align with how I see the whole situation.

Tbf that's mainly because of the rag he is at. Whilst I wouldn't say he is in the know he has been styling himself as a serious villa reporter for a while now and seems to be getting somewhat more reliable. 

45 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The Jack Grealish thread on Blue Moon is 523 pages. They must be obsessed. 

That thread started in 2014. Reading a few of the recent pages on that thread, they seem pretty reasonable in general. They think he's great and they'd offer 70,000,000 pounds, but we'd never accept that.

I really don't think there are any teams who can reasonably afford Jack this season who don't have bigger needs. Man City can't buy Haaland or Kane AND Grealish. Not without selling some key players.

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

That thread started in 2014. Reading a few of the recent pages on that thread, they seem pretty reasonable in general. They think he's great and they'd offer 70,000,000 pounds, but we'd never accept that.

I really don't think there are any teams who can reasonably afford Jack this season who don't have bigger needs. Man City can't buy Haaland or Kane AND Grealish. Not without selling some key players.

It does look like he's staying at Villa. Happy days.

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I remember putting €1 on Baros top scorer Euro 2004 at about 50-1. Wished at the time we would sign him

And we did, but he was never that good. Shame really as he promised so much in his earlier career. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

And we did, but he was never that good. Shame really as he promised so much in his earlier career. 

He scored some good goals but we swapped him for Carew (another player I fancied to do job for us before he signed) so worked out well

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

The Jack Grealish thread on Blue Moon is 523 pages. They must be obsessed. 

Quite a funny read in parts that.

Same as everyone else.

Early on he isn't as good as Brandon Barker and Ronny Lopes. (No, me neither)

Then he's an overrated poser.

Then a Wolves fan pops up laughing he isn't as good as Neves.

Then people say oh well Maddison and Mahrez are better.

Then last season they finally accept he's one of the few players in the world they could sign to improve their first XI.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â