The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Why have Phil Foden when you could have Harvey Barnes???

TROLL FACE MEME Sticker Decal: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

You can't have Barnes or Eze they have done their knees in. But their body of work this season has been superior to fodens imo. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

With him being given the No.7 shirt maybe England are trying to position him as the modern day Beckham for marketing purposes.

Definitely. They know his ability combined with his appearance is a marketing gold mine.  He has a decent start to the tourney, England look like world beaters against the group minnows, and this shirt sells thousands to the next generation of wannabes.

Especially those at City, Utd, Arsenal who are deluded enough to think he'll be playing for them next season. Jack's just playing along with the silent treatment to the rumours as he knows it makes him, England and Villa a load of money and exposure.

Win:win:win

I read somewhere last week that Jack had had conversations with management and the owners who outlined their plans and Jack said he was happy to stay so don't expect him to be going anywhere........chill.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I read somewhere last week that Jack had had conversations with management and the owners who outlined their plans and Jack said he was happy to stay so don't expect him to be going anywhere........chill.

Playing devil's advocate i read numerous articles that he's signing for City, Utd and Liverpool so.....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I read that on twitter too but I think its bullsh*t. Lots could happen between now and the close of the window but I do expect him to stay for at least one more season.

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Playing devil's advocate i read numerous articles that he's signing for City, Utd and Liverpool so.....

100% Jack is not leaving!! Sometimes our fans underestimate the financial weight of NSWE. They have repeatedly said he is not for sale and we will build around him

It seems that finally the Red Top papers have got the message. We really are a top club now and have no need to sell our best players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Him and Foden at the Euros is really exciting. They're gonna do some serious damage.

You just know that Kane would prefer to play with Jack and Foden, but Southgate will insist on Rashford and Sterling creating nothing for him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, villan-scott said:

You just know that Kane would prefer to play with Jack and Foden, but Southgate will insist on Rashford and Sterling creating nothing for him. 

Spot on. We should play Grealish Mount & Foden behind Kane with Rice & Phillips in front of the back 4,

But of course we will pick the World cup failures Sterling, Rashford, Henderson ( who hasn't played this year) together with Maguire, Walker & Trippier

who are also used to being LOSERS. When will we learn???

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

The amount of pundits who still think he's not getting a start in the Euros is a joke.   Every time he's played for his country he's been fantastic,  the whole country said it but still we have to put up with Sancho, Mount and Foden all being better.  Go on Jack,  you're going to be the player of the tournament given the chance 👏 

Not really a joke, I love Jack, I think he’ll be England’s best player, but I don’t think he’ll start. That’s not saying he shouldn’t, I just think Southgate won’t start him. As we’ve seen before he’s been reluctant to play him. Pundits are probably just saying what they think will happen not what they want to happen.

Its only started one game for Villa in the last how many months so its understandable the pundits aren't picking him in their starting 11. He will get his chance though and if proves himself in the warmups he might start. 

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

last time we play Foden and Grealish, Kane (and DCL) is was not great effective as Ings did and cause full threat, and not fair drop and choice over DCL when he not great play with Foden and Grealish

even Kane is one of the best striker in premiership - be fair on him as he just back from injury and bad form.. when they together play.

I would love see Kane play with them in good form and full fit see how much effective he can be.

Sterling and Sancho he is play better with them compare he were play with Grealish and Foden (again he was play with them when he was full fit and good form) even all of us prefer see Grealish and Foden play as they are two of the best foot Attack Midfielder footballer (right - Grealish; left - Foden) even English produce last 10 years - not question!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

You just know that Kane would prefer to play with Jack and Foden, but Southgate will insist on Rashford and Sterling chasing down aimlessly pumped forward long balls from Rice and Henderson 

FTFY 

This pass and move stuff... **** that, turn the full backs around and box them in, play the ball in to the space down the channels, rashford and sterling use their pace... 

Kick and rush 

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Playing devil's advocate are you gullible or haven't learned by now that they make this shit up every season

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Playing devil's advocate are you gullible or haven't learned by now that they make this shit up every season

I think his point is that the other headline could have been made up too

• Like 1

In the interview he explained his injury in that he tried to come back too soon a couple of months ago and had a relapse, so this time he's taken it easy and made sure it's right.

Explains the reason why Smith said he was imminently back a few months ago only for him to no show causing such consternation amongst some of our sillier fans. 

The only thing that worried me was his comment about all the other players he's competing with playing in Europa or Champions league finals.  Worried that might be giving him food for thought. 

Agree, looks to me like he's being lined up as the face of England. But for his nonsense in lockdown I think he'd already have a much bigger media presence. I suspect that will all be forgotten if he has a good tournament and he'll be promoting all kinds of men's toiletries the lucky boy. 

• Like 1

I think Kane is what causes a lot of the weird picks in midfield / attack, because he’s quite slow and likes to drop deep - and he’s first name on the team sheet.

The natural thing to do with Kane is surround him with quick players who attack the box. At Spurs that’s Son, Bale, etc who are class, but for England you end up with Sterling and Rashford.

But tournament teams usually change a fair bit as the competition progresses. Could easily see Jack starting a few games if he has a good performance off the bench.

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think his point is that the other headline could have been made up too

I'd be fairly confident Ashley Preece has been fed this by the club though. 

He signed a 5 year contract only 9 months ago. If we don't want to sell him, for any price, we won't. And that should probably be the end of the chatter. At least it will be for me. 

• Like 3

Â