The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Every time I've watched city. Foden has looked average or bad. I think he is benefitting a lot from the fact his teammates get the vast majority of the attention so when he does something it is almost always in a 1v1 situation. 

Mount has been Chelseas best player this year. You wouldn't say that about Foden. 

My step son is a Man City fan so I've seen a lot of City this year and Foden is definitely one of the best players in this league. He is still very young and will continue to develop, he is a joy to watch in the same way that Jack is.

I know this is a game of opinions but I am genuinely surprised anyone could watch Foden and not see his amazing talent.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, picicata said:

My step son is a Man City fan so I've seen a lot of City this year and Foden is definitely one of the best players in this league. He is still very young and will continue to develop, he is a joy to watch in the same way that Jack is.

I know this is a game of opinions but I am genuinely surprised anyone could watch Foden and not see his amazing talent.

Yeah it's bizarre

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, picicata said:

I think they can see his amazing talent 

Its just the media love this player x vs player y American style stat driven nonsense 

They're different players both class, can both play in the same team, there's no competition between them, Southgate has to play them both (and Mount) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its just the media love this player x vs player y American style stat driven nonsense 

Messi vs Ronaldo the classic example. I think it’s modern society not just the media. You become a ‘fan’ of your own opinion on one player vs another and therefore stick to that point. Same has happened in politics. It’s a very weird trend that even happens with our own players and doesn’t even make sense because form moves around so much - an in-form Douglas Luis is better than Nakamba but an out-of-form DL isn’t - that’s an obvious point but instead of that it just becomes “this player is better, we should sell this player.”

Foden is a magical player. So is Grealish. We are lucky to have one of them.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Don't necessarily agree with this, Kane's age per fee works against him. See City going for Mbappe or Haaland for that type of fee and getting a decade from the player like they did with Aguero.

I mean just out of Kane or Grealish if they were the options, they have a lot of wide/creative players and they are lacking a goalscorer. 

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Messi vs Ronaldo the classic example. I think it’s modern society not just the media. You become a ‘fan’ of your own opinion on one player vs another and therefore stick to that point. Same has happened in politics. It’s a very weird trend that even happens with our own players and doesn’t even make sense because form moves around so much - an in-form Douglas Luis is better than Nakamba but an out-of-form DL isn’t - that’s an obvious point but instead of that it just becomes “this player is better, we should sell this player.”

Foden is a magical player. So is Grealish. We are lucky to have one of them.

Its Wikipedia scouting, the stats available means that you no longer have to actually watch or understand football in order to have an opinion

You're spot on with the form comment 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I assume you didn’t watch the villa - City game then a couple of months ago where he ran us ragged, scored a great goal and frustrated Cash so much he got sent off.

Strange opinion to take.

I did watch it. Cash's sending off was pure stupidity nothing more. You're on a yellow you don't make that challenge. It wasn't even any skill from foden. Cash lost the ball and went in with a reckless challenge. 

My summary of foden from that game. Got a lucky bounce to beat cash that commentators came for. Tried the same Crossfield pass 10 times, he completed it once (although tbf it did lead to his goal). His goal was a relative tap in. I don't really see how it can be described as no look as he was clearly just following the ball with his eyes. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

This is a bit of how the  overhype starts on Foden, he has had a very good season but he hasnt had the impact of Dias, Gundogan, Cancelo, Rodri or De Bruyne this season

he is a very good player but he probably wont be up for the Manchester City Player of the Season

He is not over hyped, he is a very very good player and just 21. Hard for me to say but he's not 2nd to Grealish, I would say more of a goal threat. To be a starter for one of the best teams in the world in a Champions League final at 21 with the likes of De Bruyne, Cancelo, Gindogan is not over hyped either.

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He is not over hyped, he is a very very good player and just 21. Hard for me to say but he's not 2nd to Grealish, I would say more of a goal threat. To be a starter for one of the best teams in the world in a Champions League final at 21 with the likes of De Bruyne, Cancelo, Gindogan is not over hyped either.

I suppose its the age old question, if u swapped foden and grealish, would they still reach their current levels. Imo, foden no, grealish would absolutely run riot

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I didnt say he was overhyped, I said its how it starts. Foden is a brilliant talent and had a breakout season but he hasnt been the shining light on the City team as you suggested. They still win the title without Foden

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I suppose its the age old question, if u swapped foden and grealish, would they still reach their current levels. Imo, foden no, grealish would absolutely run riot

Yes, it's really hard to compare, the amount of amazing work Jack does which ends up wasted because all our other players with all due respect are nowhere near his level, and teams can double even treble up on him

Foden will always benefit from amazing passes to him from visionary, brilliant players who are also waiting for him to deliver a pass to them. No one can double up on him because that's suicide with their other threats. 

They are definitely both brilliant players but it's hard to say whose best when they are playing in 2 teams which are currently world's apart. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I did watch it. Cash's sending off was pure stupidity nothing more. You're on a yellow you don't make that challenge. It wasn't even any skill from foden. Cash lost the ball and went in with a reckless challenge. 

My summary of foden from that game. Got a lucky bounce to beat cash that commentators came for. Tried the same Crossfield pass 10 times, he completed it once (although tbf it did lead to his goal). His goal was a relative tap in. I don't really see how it can be described as no look as he was clearly just following the ball with his eyes. 

I have no idea which game you watch/watched but I couldn’t disagree more.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I can’t believe this website sometimes...

we have Villalad21 saying he doesn’t think much of Haaland recently and now you think Foden this season has looked average or bad when you’ve seen him.

I can’t take you seriously, sorry.

I've called this out many times mate.

Bizarrely, people think they can't acknowledge or big up other top young English players, as if it is a disservice to Jack.

Some of the non sensical comments I read are truly cringe worthy.

People will watch ONE game where a player either has a quiet performance and/or is nullified, then decide that is the scouting report complete. LMAO

Regardless of logic or opinion by seasoned pros over a number of years. ( Or fact, for that matter )

• Like 1

I remember last summer when people on here were calling Grealish overrated and saying we'd only get thirty or forty million for him.

Just because people might be of the opinion that Grealish is better than some other player, that doesn't mean to say that they think that that other player isn't very good, Grealish is so good that a player can not be as good as him and still be a phenomenal talent.

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bizarrely, people think they can't acknowledge or big up other top young English players, as if it is a disservice to Jack.

People will watch ONE game where a player either has a quiet performance and/or is nullified, then decide that is the scouting report complete. LMAO

Regardless of logic or opinion by seasoned pros over a number of years. ( Or fact, for that matter )

I rate mount. I think he's a lot better than foden. 

And saka. 

I think being the best attacking/creative player on your team means a lot more than being 5th option. (With De bruyne, Mahrez, Bernard Silva, Gundogan and Sterling) 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You can tell when someone doesn't really watch a lot of football. Their opinions on players are based on when they play Villa and big games they see on the telly like England or CL games.

Â