The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, jim said:

Let’s wait and see. Big Eck was never in a million years going to be our manager and it we know what happened there. You should never be confident about anything in football, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

How confident are you?

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The other elephant in the room is his injury record.

Is any club going to pay £100m+ for a player who is historically only available 60-70% of the time? Plus this injury he has right now would be a huge red flag for me, if I was looking at it from a business perspective. There are probably better and safer ways to spend that cash. 

And someone who is prone to shin splints will get them again if they aren’t careful

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Just a hunch. He has out grown us IMO. He deserves to be playing on the biggest stage and let’s be honest that’s not happening with Villa. Yes, he loves the club but he’s given his all for us and he is probably thinking I’ve got the world at my feet and could play for anyone in the world. What the point in staying any longer.

Which clubs though? There's only a handful that can afford him, maybe 2 or 3 in England and 1 in France, and I can't see any of them paying what we would demand. 

I've always been of a mind that if Jack wanted to go, I would let him go for a reasonable figure and wish him all the best. But it isn't my decision. Our owners are well within their right and I would expect them to say no to anything but an obscene amount of money. As for Jack, he signed a 5 year contract only 9 months ago and the club has progressed and will continue to look to progress, so he has no legitimate grounds for complaint. I would be astonished if he kicked up a stink and tarnished his legacy here.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but just based on what we know the chances of him leaving this summer are very slim indeed. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jim said:

Just a hunch. He has out grown us IMO. He deserves to be playing on the biggest stage and let’s be honest that’s not happening with Villa. Yes, he loves the club but he’s given his all for us and he is probably thinking I’ve got the world at my feet and could play for anyone in the world. What the point in staying any longer.

It's Saturday night, take another sip of that half empty glass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That's £350m. Not a chance. FFP and all that. 

And there’s no way Spurs are letting Kane go for £50m 

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is any club going to pay £100m+ for a player who is historically only available 60-70% of the time? Plus this injury he has right now would be a huge red flag for me, if I was looking at it from a business perspective. There are probably better and safer ways to spend that cash. 

That wouldn't bother Man city. He won't play every game for them even if he remains fit for the whole season.

22 minutes ago, jim said:

Just a hunch. He has out grown us IMO

I said that last summer and thought it might be best for everyone. But we are in a much better place now and I’m not sure I see anyone dropping £100m on him in this climate.

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Let's keep it real, there might be safer options out there, but better, naah don't think so. 

Facts are Jack won't push for a move from his beloved Villa, there's no chance NSWE want to sell him and in this climate there is virtually

no-one that could afford him. Result Jack's going nowhere - at least not this summer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

£100m for Jack is a bargain. We'd be stupid to let him go for that. £200m is his current price. He's an elite footballer.

Money really isn't the issue in this case. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

He's priceless to us. However with all the talk of £100m I wanted to correct the actual market value.

And the club wholeheartedly thank you for that. 

On 28/05/2021 at 12:57, Kiwivillan said:

I think some people are perennial doom and gloom merchants which I suppose is understandable considering the decade gone. On a Claret and Blue podcast earlier in the season someone said negativity is an inherent Brummie trait. Hard to argue reading comments often on here

3 hours ago, jim said:

Going against the grain here, but I think he will leave this summer. No idea where but I don’t have the confidence of some who are convinced he’s going nowhere. 

So it's true about the negativity

• Thanks 1

Â