Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Add the fact he has Mahrez and Torres and sometimes  Bernado Silva and Jesus to compete in those wide areas they are pretty stacked in those forward positions 

Agreed, very unique situation which i remember being at united.  Jesus however is overrated tbh hence why they look to try and replace ageuro.  If they get Kane i can see dominance in the league for years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

City don't spend £100m on one player. And if they do, why would they not spend it replacing Aguero?

£100m wouldn't close the deal but it would put a serious dent in the fees for Mbappe, Haaland or Kane. 2 of those could be their main guy for a decade or mkre. Kane for 5-7 years. Or they can use that money to buy Jack, where they already have Foden, Sterling, De Bruyne, Bernardo & Ferran competing for Jacks potential positions. (Edit: I forgot Mahrez, **** they do not need Jack at all 😅)

Maybe they save some cash and spend £60-70m on Lautaro Martinez or even Lewandowski. And then £100m on Jack. 

I'm not convinced. If anyone has the cash to do it, it's them. But I just can't see it unless they bin off the idea of buying a world class striker.

Edited by HalfTimePost
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick browse of a Man City forum tells me that while they'd like to have him, they absolutely would not appreciate him. Some of their fans seem to think the likes of Torres and Mahrez are more creative, despite all the evidence being to the contrary.

Also, I can't see them spending 100m on him when they need a striker more anyway.

I've never really bought into the idea of him leaving. He doesn't seem to be trying to push his way out, we have no need or intention of selling him and we've managed to fend off interest even while our position as a club was much weaker.

Does he even have a release clause in his contract?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

A quick browse of a Man City forum tells me that while they'd like to have him, they absolutely would not appreciate him. Some of their fans seem to think the likes of Torres and Mahrez are more creative, despite all the evidence being to the contrary.

Also, I can't see them spending 100m on him when they need a striker more anyway.

I've never really bought into the idea of him leaving. He doesn't seem to be trying to push his way out, we have no need or intention of selling him and we've managed to fend off interest even while our position as a club was much weaker.

Does he even have a release clause in his contract?

Their looking at selling Sterling and possibly Mahrez to fund the move for Grealish.

I don't see them going for Kane at his age, when Haaland or Mbappe are also available and will have 10 years ahead of them for the same money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Their looking at selling Sterling and possibly Mahrez to fund the move for Grealish.

Are they though? Just seems a little fantasy football playing by a bored journalist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw about them selling Sterling. Who is going to pay them the money they will want?

Maybe he could go to Dortmund if they sell Sancho. 

Edited by sidcow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I saw about them selling Sterling. Who is going to pay them the money they will want?

Maybe he could go to Dortmund if they sell Sancho. 

Football insider guff

They won't sell sterling for a number of reasons, one of which is definitely no buyer 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marketing for England / sports direct

Add it to the list, I think he'll take off marketing wise next season, been the face of villa for about 5 years now but it'll be good to see him popping up everywhere like the call of duty advert or on an omega watch magazine picture or Hugo boss advert 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

Honestly would be shocked if he leaves, he's staying.

He’s not going anywhere, we’re gonna keep improving & adding quality players. I assume we’re looking to compete for the European spots next season. As Purslow said, we want to keep progressing and it’s been going well so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing in Europe, in front of a packed VP crowd, for your boyhood team and/or possibly winning a cup final with the team you’ve supported since childhood would be the greatest feeling ever… I’m sure that Jack dreams of that rather than doing it with a different team… during this era, there is the most realistic chance of him achieving that dream…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Marketing for England / sports direct

Add it to the list, I think he'll take off marketing wise next season, been the face of villa for about 5 years now but it'll be good to see him popping up everywhere like the call of duty advert or on an omega watch magazine picture or Hugo boss advert 

I dont think so, he has previous form to stop him being such a marketing star. Like his antics at lockdown will not bring him too far up the chain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think so, he has previous form to stop him being such a marketing star. Like his antics at lockdown will not bring him too far up the chain

Depends on the brand. He won’t be the face of a bank or an airline, but a clothing company or anything targeted at those under 25 won’t care about him being a bit of a badboy. Nike’s piece with him last year showed that. You’re right he’s never going to be Ronaldo level of endorsements though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Are they though? Just seems a little fantasy football playing by a bored journalist.

Could be, not the first report that Sterling could be sold, there’s been rumours for a few months.

At the end of the day it comes down to a club making a sizeable offer and Jack wanting to make a move. Neither are a sure thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Sterling is probably unsellable, he wouldnt be wanted on the continent. In England only United and Chelsea could afford him and United are local rivals and Chelsea fans have racially abused him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • blandy locked and unlocked this topic
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â