The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t like the odds on Jack to city. Nothing to worry about but would still rather not see it.

Betting companies making easy money from naive gamblers thinking the deal going through because odds are dropping and the whole emotional FOMO.  Gamblers think they will make a quick buck but don’t...betting companies paradise area 

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way City would pay £100m for someone with shins made out of papier mache (in my opinion).

Having said that, it would be interesting to see how steadfast Purslow would remain on his 'not for sale' label if a bid of £100m came in. Arguably it is all down to the owners and CEO to stay true to their word. It seems that they share the opinion that selling Jack is akin to giving up on their plans - not only do you lose your best player, but it becomes harder to attract other players to the club, and from a commercial perspective Jack is worth big bucks.

I can't imagine Jack would ever force a deal through, not publicly anyway, because of his love for the club. But there is also no doubt he would love the opportunity to challenge for multiple trophies and play alongside some of the best players in the world, as any footballer would. Villa's aim should be to bring that to him as soon as possible, but we are light years away from competing with City at the moment.

An interesting parallel is with Wes Edens' Bucks team, which has been mentioned before. They managed to tie down their superstar Giannis, one of the best in the league, to a franchise that hasn't won a championship since the 70s. Now they're flying, going deep into the playoffs for the last couple of years and about to make another charge for the title this summer. I really hope that Villa can replicate that strategy with Jack.

• Like 3

Just now, The_Steve said:

The club wouldn’t commit a 5 year deal to match Jack’s ambitions and that of the owners to sell him a year later. 

This 100%, we don't need the money. If Jack was desperate to win trophies right away he would have gone when relegated or last year when nearly relegated. Owners won't be interested and neither will Jack be. 

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Betting companies making easy money from naive gamblers thinking the deal going through because odds are dropping and the whole emotional FOMO.  Gamblers think they will make a quick buck but don’t...betting companies paradise area 

It’s madness that people fall for it. SkyBet run open multiple markets on all the top players whilst simultaneously pushing constant transfer gossip and ‘exclusives’ through SSN. This drives thousands of punters to waste their money, thinking they’ve got the inside scoop on transfers. 

This should be illegal! 

• Like 4

Starting to get bored of these rumours already and the summer window hasn't even started yet. I'd rather we focus on strengthening our own first team than worrying whether our best player goes to that soulless club.

So apparently if they pay £100m they get him, would anyone on here be happy with that price? I wouldn't. Anything less than £120m is a bad deal for us given his importance to the team and length of his contract (he is valued less by Cit£h because they have spent obscene amounts of money every year for the last 13 years and he would only go there as a squad player). 

Is anyone in the know about any supposed clause in his contract too? On their forum they're saying he may have a £60m buyout clause, but surely we'd have been mad to agree to this as he was worth more than that to us last summer? And I wouldn't imagine he'd want to do that to a club he says he loves because £60m is absolutely no compensation for a player of his talents. 

We've seen how poor we are without him in the team, we need to keep him to go to that next level otherwise we'll just go backwards and have to start over again. I'm sure the owners appreciate this but those odds of 8/15 for him to join the oil barons is concerning. 

If Jack has a great tournament, his value easily doubles. Man City forget that the value we have for him is far higher. The club wouldn’t insert a release clause in Jack’s contract. That would be ridiculous. 

36 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

There is absolutely no way City would pay £100m for someone with shins made out of papier mache (in my opinion).

Having said that, it would be interesting to see how steadfast Purslow would remain on his 'not for sale' label if a bid of £100m came in. Arguably it is all down to the owners and CEO to stay true to their word. It seems that they share the opinion that selling Jack is akin to giving up on their plans - not only do you lose your best player, but it becomes harder to attract other players to the club, and from a commercial perspective Jack is worth big bucks.

I can't imagine Jack would ever force a deal through, not publicly anyway, because of his love for the club. But there is also no doubt he would love the opportunity to challenge for multiple trophies and play alongside some of the best players in the world, as any footballer would. Villa's aim should be to bring that to him as soon as possible, but we are light years away from competing with City at the moment.

An interesting parallel is with Wes Edens' Bucks team, which has been mentioned before. They managed to tie down their superstar Giannis, one of the best in the league, to a franchise that hasn't won a championship since the 70s. Now they're flying, going deep into the playoffs for the last couple of years and about to make another charge for the title this summer. I really hope that Villa can replicate that strategy with Jack.

So I don’t think we will sell Grealish. I definitely don’t see it happening. But to your point above - Purslow DID sell Torres to Chelsea and famously said something like “I did a little dance across the Stamford Bridge turf after they signed because we knew he was never going to stay fit.” Liverpool fans were totally devastated but it turned out to be a smart move. Then they spunked most of the cash on Andy Carroll mind you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve lumped the mortgage on it. Just in case.

• Haha 1

He isnt going anywhere for 100 million.

I think he will give us at least another 12 months so he has a full season in front of a full Villa Park each week and at the end of the season he will have a decision to make.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

It’s amazing it’s allowed.

After the whole Kieran Trippier thing?

He received a ban for “influencing betting” for having the temerity to tell his friends that he and his family were moving to Madrid and he was signing for Athletico...

It’s not right

• Like 1

Jack has earned the right to decide if he wants to go or not.

Nothing else matters.  No point in deciding either way. We don't need the money - I highly doubt that the owners would push him out for a ridiculous fee if he didn't want to go.

• Like 1

Â