The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wth!, it was a clear swing to Grealish's face FFS!, how could it possibly be overturned?!?!

Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta has red card in Aston Villa game overturned after appeal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57246482

That is ridiculous, scum6 brown envelopes get the job done every time.

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

What's the nonsense with a provisional squad then a final squad a week later? Just pick the squad on 1 June? Seems a bit unfair to some poor sod to get a call up and think he's going then be told just a few days later he isn't. 

Wants to get as many together as soon as possible I guess, and there is the risk of injury to Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd players in their games this week so covering all bases I guess. 

Just now, bobzy said:

My first view was that it was accidental to be honest.

But I'm very surprised it's been overturned.

Don Hutchison made an interesting point in that you can tell from the grimace on his face before the elbow came out that it was deliberate. Looked like he was bracing for impact.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Don Hutchison made an interesting point in that you can tell from the grimace on his face before the elbow came out that it was deliberate. Looked like he was bracing for impact.

I haven't re-watched, but at the time I thought Azpilicueta was throwing an arm out to stop Grealish getting to the ball and wasting time so he could take a quick free kick.  The arm just happened to connect with Grealish's face, who then flopped to the ground and rolled around.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Cesar also pushed Grealish in the chest as he was going down - he knew what he was doing. 

I’ve just watched it again (after the last post) - he’s just trying to stop him from getting to the ball. I don’t think it’s intentional at all.

Grealish’s reaction is absolutely pathetic. 

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yep , I watched it in slow mo .. it was deliberate as evidenced by his facial expression … Jack milked it Kane style and somehow that has let him off the hook 

21 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Azpilicueta didn’t even seem to protest the decision himself which given he’s normally as whiny a player as anyone says it all.

The fact that Chelsea appealed that is embarrassing and the fact they’ve rescinded it is ridiculous. 

Yeah you would think if it were an accident he would have made that case to the ref and there would have been a review of the monitor. He was taking off the armband as soon as the whistle blew. Quick VAR check also confirmed the red card. It's about as blatant as you'd see. 

Azpilicueta obviously meant it and knew exactly what he was doing, you don't swing your arm in someone's face to stop them getting the ball, first of all Grealish couldn't get the ball anyway because Azpilicueta had his right hand on it as he struck Grealish, and you could tell by his expression which was if to say 'here take this!' that he hit him on purpose.

As for Grealish's reaction you can't ever know what's going on in someone else's mind or how they're feeling, this might sound over the top but what if Azpilicueta hitting him brought back memories of when that small heath fan attacked him or something.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Is it just me that finds that a bit patronising when Grealish is now one of the world's top players?

I think him becoming one of the world's top players is kind of implied/acknowledged there.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Is it just me that finds that a bit patronising when Grealish is now one of the world's top players?

I think so. It's actually deadpan acknowledging how well he's doing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think him becoming one of the world's top players is kind of implied/acknowledged there.

9 hours ago, BOF said:

I think so. It's actually deadpan acknowledging how well he's doing

Ahhh OK

Â