The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

To be fair (actually not to be fair I hate the **** earth that the piss stained waist-coated ponce walks on but hey) there are only 17 out of 33 players announced that are from the clubs you mention. 

Yeah now he's like it but before he wasn't. Like I said in a recent post I don't think SG using from all other clubs apart from the so called super six is his choice. Before the Jack and SG fiasco and all the pressure build up, I do think he'd of remained on the path of mainly using from the so called super six.

I also think that this season and the fact it's been a strange one is another reason as to why some clubs players have got in the call up. outside of this so called super six list of players if it were a normal season, I dont think we'd be seeing the call up like it is. Many teams this season at the top half of the premier have done excellent really, so I do think there's a cause for some foraging from many a club. When things return to normal we may see a return of SG picking from those clubs I mentioned all because season may not look like the one we've had this season and those clubs may start to full on dominate once again.

Who knows.

11 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That was when we were shit tbf.

But Jack wernt and he had so much trouble with SG, yet he stuck out so easy in our team that you knew he were the reason we were hanging on.

Let's not make excuses for SG please, be may be picking our player sta the moment but it will change if he remain in power. 

I do not think England will win anything under him anyway, I think our fortunes are with someone other than him.

I hate on Southgate more than most - because he's a tw^t. However, I also think the way Jack has been the last 6-9 months has probably put paid to his nonsense about him being untrustworthy. In fairness he's very good pals with barkley, maddison, ali who you could probably argue Southgate wouldn't have anywhere near an England squad at the moment for those reasons. I think unless Jack has any injury issues, he goes. 

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

But Jack wernt and he had so much trouble with SG, yet he stuck out so easy in our team that you knew he were the reason we were hanging on.

Let's not make excuses for SG please, be may be picking our player sta the moment but it will change if he remain in power. 

I do not think England will win anything under him anyway, I think our fortunes are with someone other than him.

I think that was when we were in the championship and being as he was a starter against the world no.1 nation and our best player by a mile theres no danger he will leave him out the final squad. 

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Not making excuses, really my point was that the reason/excuse that existed then- that he needed to be playing in a better team- has sort of been addressed in house by us…being a better team.

My big concern is Jack’s fitness. If I was not a villa fan and I am looking at this situation, all those memories of Owen, Rooney, Gazza, etc taken to tournaments after just coming back from injury, and it just not working would come flooding back. 

He was getting there against Chelsea, but he was not at his scintillating best. If i’m GS, I am wondering whether it’s a risk worth taking. 

No way he gets left out he’s had to work twice as hard as anybody else to get a chance and had to become on of the best players in the premier league before he got his chance , I think Southgate finally appreciates him 

17 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

My big concern is Jack’s fitness. If I was not a villa fan and I am looking at this situation, all those memories of Owen, Rooney, Gazza, etc taken to tournaments after just coming back from injury, and it just not working would come flooding back. 

He was getting there against Chelsea, but he was not at his scintillating best. If i’m GS, I am wondering whether it’s a risk worth taking. 

Agree,  I think the only difference to those injuries is that Jack has been able to largely maintain his fitness while out injured. He doesn't appear to have lost any of his pace during those 3 months either.

Match sharpness comes quickly in international tournaments, and largely you want to peak in the last few rounds rather than the first few anyway.

I also think,  you take your best threat anyway, even if they aren't 100%, and then use them if the need arises and they feel they're ready. It's a bit reckless and I'm sure clubs would prefer it didn't happen, but these tournaments happen so rarely during a players career that they really have to play in them during the few chances they get.

And I'm pretty sure Jack will be lying through his teeth about the pain if it gets him on the pitch. 

But you then look at the history of post injury performances and you then question everything I just described.  Haha

Edited by MrBlack

53 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Agree,  I think the only difference to those injuries is that Jack has been able to largely maintain his fitness while out injured. He doesn't appear to have lost any of his pace during those 3 months either.

Match sharpness comes quickly in international tournaments, and largely you want to peak in the last few rounds rather than the first few anyway.

I also think,  you take your best threat anyway, even if they aren't 100%, and then use them if the need arises and they feel they're ready. It's a bit reckless and I'm sure clubs would prefer it didn't happen, but these tournaments happen so rarely during a players career that they really have to play in them during the few chances they get.

And I'm pretty sure Jack will be lying through his teeth about the pain if it gets him on the pitch. 

But you then look at the history of post injury performances and you then question everything I just described.  Haha

You are not wrong, but there lies the tantalising factor that resulted in all those previous players being taken. And all of them would say when asked 'Yeah I'm 100% boss'. Of course they would. I would. 

He's not far off being match fit/sharp. But when is he going to get matches between now and the tournament?

You can't use a tournament game to get a player fit, unless as a Manager you have balls of solid titanium. 

And yet...and yet... I would still take him. What do I know. 

Anyway....our problems at the Euros will be at the back. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Jack was probably the main reason Southgate was at the game on Sunday.

He probably asked if Nakamba was eligible afterwards too after his display.

I would have suspected Mason Mount too, and as I didn't see much of the game (first 20mins then highlights) I decided to check on the player ratings of Mount vs Grealish. 

BBC had Grealish at a 6.91 and Mount at a 3.34.  Crikey I thought, did he come off early, or with an injury or something? Nope. Full game. 

3.34? WTF! Did he just stand there f**king the corner flag for the whole game or what?

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I would have suspected Mason Mount too, and as I didn't see much of the game (first 20mins then highlights) I decided to check on the player ratings of Mount vs Grealish. 

BBC had Grealish at a 6.91 and Mount at a 3.34.  Crikey I thought, did he come off early, or with an injury or something? Nope. Full game. 

3.34? WTF! Did he just stand there f**king the corner flag for the whole game or what?

Nah the bbc match ratings are bs. Mount maybe didn't have his best game and missed a couple of half chances but he was still good. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I have a feeling Southgate will select Henderson over Grealish in his final squad, relying on Rashford, Sterling, Sancho and Greenwood to support Kane. 

Hope you're wrong pal. Just for Jack because we know how much he wants it, personally couldn't give a rats ass about a southgate England. 

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hope you're wrong pal. Just for Jack because we know how much he wants it, personally couldn't give a rats ass about a southgate England. 

Me either, I’m only interested in the Euros because of Ollie, Jack and Tyrone potentially representing England but Southgate has killed any enjoyment of watching the national team recently..

I hope I’m wrong about Grealish but noted Southgate name checked him earlier about his fitness... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Me either, I’m only interested in the Euros because of Ollie, Jack and Tyrone potentially representing England but Southgate has killed any enjoyment of watching the national team recently..

I hope I’m wrong about Grealish but noted Southgate name checked him earlier about his fitness... 

I can't forget the last couple of years excuses for why he didn't pick Jack, the rumours of issues between them etc, if true this injury is perfect for him to stick it to Jack and has a ready made excuse to deflect the criticism that would come his way.

My interest is the same as yours, all about our lads. If they aren't used I'm with SJM.

• Like 2

Â