The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

Jack has nothing to prove in terms of his England credentials and changing clubs isn't going to change that imo. It's all down to Southgate but for what it's worth I think he'll be in the final squad. He also seems to have a decent relationship with Southgate who has spent many hours at Villa Park this season! 

I hope so!

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

made the squad :)

Provisional* squad

Don't mean to be pessimistic but looking at the other names on the list, nothing would surprise me less than Southgate leaving him out of the final cut. Gary's a shithouse in a waistcoat after all

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think 2 of the forwards will be left out of the final squad. Guess one of them will be Oliie unless Calvert-lewin gets injured and the other Saka or Sancho? 

No chance he leaves Sancho out but surely Jack is safe too.

Edited by Wainy316

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Before I buy my England shirt with Grealish on the back - realistically, Southgate won't cut him from the squad, will he?

I would say there's 2 midfielders being cut, and he could well be one of them. Shouldn't be, but might be

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Before I buy my England shirt with Grealish on the back - realistically, Southgate won't cut him from the squad, will he?

Who knows, very much doubt it although there’s alot of players to cut from the squad any manager with a brain would take him

What's the nonsense with a provisional squad then a final squad a week later? Just pick the squad on 1 June? Seems a bit unfair to some poor sod to get a call up and think he's going then be told just a few days later he isn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What's the nonsense with a provisional squad then a final squad a week later? Just pick the squad on 1 June? Seems a bit unfair to some poor sod to get a call up and think he's going then be told just a few days later he isn't. 

Does seem totally pointless other than for media pressures. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I believe the idea is so they don’t plan a holiday? Injuries happen in the next few weeks and they’ll be the ones called up.

Not sure why the public needs to know.

• Thanks 1

I think of SG can find an excuse he'd leave Jack out because he's at Villa. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if SG had at some point said to Grealish personally " well if you were at another club, a top club you'd be a regular starter. I have always thought he is a solid supporter of Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, UTD, City and Arsenal. He chooses players from those clubs if they are doing pants all while there is another who's doing much better elsewhere. You may as well make him a posh Blazer with all six clubs on it.

When it comes to our players he's not exactly been enthusiastic about them playing for there country. There's always some drama involving SG and a player of ours when it comes to playing for England. If it were any other manager they would of gone with how the likes Konsa or Grealish is playing and used there heads, but you can guarantee there will be some bull crap reason as to why SG has left them out.

Edited by Dave-R

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think of SG can find an excuse he'd leave Jack out because he's at Villa. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if SG had at some point said to Grealish personally " well if you were at another club, a top club you'd be a regular starter. I have always thought he is a solid supporter of Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, UTD, City and Arsenal. He chooses players from those clubs if they are doing pants all while there is another who's doing much better elsewhere. You may as well make him a posh Blazer with all six clubs on it.

When it comes to our players he's not exactly been enthusiastic about them playing for there country. There's always some drama involving SG and a player of ours when it comes to playing for England. If it were any other manager they would of gone with how the likes Konsa or Grealish is playing and used there heads, but you can guarantee there will be some bull crap reason as to why SG has left them out.

To be fair (actually not to be fair I hate the **** earth that the piss stained waist-coated ponce walks on but hey) there are only 17 out of 33 players announced that are from the clubs you mention. 

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

and yet pick  players from Leeds , Brighton. Sheff U , West Brom  and Wet Spam ?  as well as Mings and Watkins in the squad   ?

There were clearly some issues with Southgate and Jack before , might have just been media pressuring Southgate to pick him and him wanting to prove he's' the boss

but recent interactions , suggest Southgate and Jack get on well , the players all rave about Jack as well , so i'd be stunned if he isn't in the final cut

But Southgate has even said in the press when it all first started with Jack, that Jack needs to be playing at a Bigger club other than Villa who he's with, he has said that before.

I don't buy it for one minute that SG putting in some of our players in the England squad was all because he wanted them there, I do believe that all the pressure from pundits, fans, media and everywhere else in sight was what gave SG a kick up the backside to actually do what was clear and obvious.

When it were just Jack fighting for a place for England the things SG were saying, some were actually unbelievable.

Everything is all okay now because he's using our players but look at the uproar that had to occur for him to even go down that road. It could of been anything really that gave SG that wake up call. Could of been the England chiefs not having his nonsense, could of been him change of heart, could of been all the pressure from the country. There is a reason for his channge of heart and it's to good to be true that it was just him realising he were wrong in his choices.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

But Southgate has even said in the press when it all first started with Jack, that Jack needs to be playing at a Bigger club other than Villa who he's with, he has said that before.

I don't buy it for one minute that SG putting in some of our players in the England squad was all because he wanted them there, I do believe that all the pressure from pundits, fans, media and everywhere else in sight was what gave SG a kick up the backside to actually do what was clear and obvious.

When it were just Jack fighting for a place for England the things SG were saying, some were actually unbelievable.

Everything is all okay now because he's using our players but look at the uproar that had to occur for him to even go down that road. It could of been anything really that gave SG that wake up call. Could of been the England chiefs not having his nonsense, could of been him change of heart, could of been all the pressure from the country. There is a reason for his channge of heart and it's to good to be true that it was just him realising he were wrong in his choices.

That was when we were shit tbf.

Â