The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

That game should put to bed the narrative the media were starting to sow seeds around Dele Ali getting into the England squad and that there could possibly be a choice between him and Jack. There is truly no comparison between those two players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kevpants said:

That game should put to bed the narrative the media were starting to sow seeds around Dele Ali getting into the England squad and that there could possibly be a choice between him and Jack. There is truly no comparison between those two players.

I remember being laughed at about 3/4 years ago for saying Jack is streets ahead of Alli (not by Villa fans). Some people can't see a good player until the media tells them they're good 🙄

• Like 2

Last game he naturaly drifted into left wing all game. I would like him to play cam but hes clearly prefers wing and i think he does more when he plays in left wing. I think we need to accept it and move on buying a cam.

Edited by Tumblerseven

7 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

Last game he naturaly drifted into left wing all game. I would like him to play cam but hes clearly prefers wing and i think he does more when he plays in left wing. I think we need to accept it and move on buying a cam.

I don't think this is a bad thing. Switching around the attacking lines, moves defenders out of position and creates space... 

8 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

Well we've been playing him there for what, a season or 2? He will also have been coached and practiced in that position, so not unusual.

I see no reason why he couldn't make CAM his own, over preseason, with license to drift Left, or Right as he pleases. We just have to work on the interchanging.

Either way, as I commented yesterday, another high quality player who can do the role up there with him would boost us no end.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wish we could somehow set up a vote, ‘where Grealish should play - LW/CAM’ to and see the overall consensus.

Personally, I like him as the 10 centrally. 

Agree on both counts. Mods...Make It So Star Trek GIF

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wish we could somehow set up a vote, ‘where Grealish should play - LW/CAM’ to and see the overall consensus.

Personally, I like him as the 10 centrally. 

Unless Dean Smith gets to cast a vote I don't see the point... 

Left with all our money going on a 10 this summer for me personally, more space to play in, more easy to pull players out of position 

Unfortunately I don't think kante will play Sunday but that's what I mean, Chelsea would set up with kante and jorghino in there compact the middle and smother him meaning that he'd drift wide anyway 

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Richards is a clown.

At least he praises him and says hes better than Foden. Shearer, Linekar and wright didnt even mention him the other night when it comes to the England strarting 11

8 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

I think he has more infleunce on the game from cam and hes runs with the ball a lot so hes naturally going to run where the space is

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Unless Dean Smith gets to cast a vote I don't see the point... 

Left with all our money going on a 10 this summer for me personally, more space to play in, more easy to pull players out of position 

Unfortunately I don't think kante will play Sunday but that's what I mean, Chelsea would set up with kante and jorghino in there compact the middle and smother him meaning that he'd drift wide anyway 

At least he'd have the option to drift wide if that were the case. If he gets locked down on the left as we were seeing in the last few games before the injury, if he drifts too far infield it'll render our left side useless.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kevpants said:

Dele Alli has been shocking for 3 years, similar to Lingard. If you dont understand Jack, Foden, Mount style players is Englands future then your an idiot 

• Like 1

I know people might find this weird but one of the underrated things I like about Jack is his trust in his team mates. We have probably all played 5 a side and we alll know a person that never passes to the shit guy that is the last guy picked. 

Not saying Nakamba is that bad but Jack was happy pass to him yesterday to get out of trouble and it even led to a goal. Compare to Barkley who didnt pass to Davis vs Everton  and just mainly looked for Jack when they played

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

He drifted to the left because he has a natural understanding with Matt Targett. The beauty of playing him centrally is he can drift like that and drag 2/3 players with him creating massive space in the middle. 

There is a reason McGinn looked quality again once Jack played in the middle.

Play Jack in the middle. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

Right footed players will drift left. Watkins does the same. It's why I think Jack in central role and Watkins wide left forward will work with say Tammy up top.  Out no8 can get forward and 6 sitting covering defence. 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I know people might find this weird but one of the underrated things I like about Jack is his trust in his team mates. We have probably all played 5 a side and we alll know a person that never passes to the shit guy that is the last guy picked. 

Not saying Nakamba is that bad but Jack was happy pass to him yesterday to get out of trouble and it even led to a goal. Compare to Barkley who didnt pass to Davis vs Everton  and just mainly looked for Jack when they played

Jacks decision making is fantastic as is his execution. It’s why he creates so many chances. 

The El Ghazi chance a great example. Such a simple pass but he makes it at the exact time needed. Nothing fancy, Just lay it off. 

El Ghazi would be top scorer had he taken all the chances Jack has made for him this season.

• Like 1

Â