The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I struggle to see him ever playing against the Villa except in Europe.  I just can't see him scoring at the Holte End for some manchester team.

I would go and play in Spain if I was him or stay 🙂

No money in Spain, only English clubs can afford him or PSG and Bayern and Bayern wont pay the price

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did i say that?

Just sounded like you were resigned to him joining Utd, bit confusing coming to this thread a week ago he was about his injury and now were back to the Jack is definitely leaving this summer talk , exactly like last season everybody was thanking him and saying goodbye Jack after West Ham even though nobody had bid for him 

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Just sounded like you were resigned to him joining Utd, bit confusing coming to this thread a week ago he was about his injury and now were back to the Jack is definitely leaving this summer talk , exactly like last season everybody was thanking him and saying goodbye Jack after West Ham even though nobody had bid for him 

No one is saying he is definitely leaving.

They are speculating if he were to leave where would he likely go.

Big difference 👍🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I am wondering why his leaving gets debated so much here.  We don't talk that way about any of our other players,  and Jack himself said he loves the owners ambitions to push us into europe next season. He's been injured for nearly 3 months, and he's way over priced for the current market.  Going no where this summer, total pointless debate. 

Bigger and more real concern is his injury and whether we're losing him for another 2 months next season.  Highlights a real need to have better quality around him. 

If he's injured, and we can bring AEG on the left, have Traoré in the middle and have our new world class right winger, things don't look too bad. Throw in a new left winger or a new number 10 and we're looking spoilt for choice when he's fit.

As it is,  we don't have any creativity that works when he's injured,  and the team largely picks itself when he's fit, which is what a mid table team looks like.  We need more players to push up the table, will be great seeing what Jack can do working with them. 

It's the subconscious level of fear in being a Villa fan.

Villa get a great player, we do well and said player is picked up by Manure, Man. City etc...

However, a couple of solid first-team players and a player who is near to 'Grealish-level' and then we have a chance of Europe with a bit of luck.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

No money in Spain, only English clubs can afford him or PSG and Bayern and Bayern wont pay the price

Only really both Manchester sides that could afford him right now, despite last years speculation couldn't see him at manure. I really believe he'll give us another season though.

Yeah, I don't see him moving this year unless Citeh REALLY want him and that's unlikely.

If he has a brilliant and full season next year, and when money is probably easier a giant will then probably make a move for him.

So a big year ahead for us to prove to him that he really can go all the way with us.  We need to go big this summer and they need to work out, no more Barkleys.

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I am wondering why his leaving gets debated so much here.  We don't talk that way about any of our other players,  and Jack himself said he loves the owners ambitions to push us into europe next season. He's been injured for nearly 3 months, and he's way over priced for the current market.  Going no where this summer, total pointless debate. 

Bigger and more real concern is his injury and whether we're losing him for another 2 months next season.  Highlights a real need to have better quality around him. 

If he's injured, and we can bring AEG on the left, have Traoré in the middle and have our new world class right winger, things don't look too bad. Throw in a new left winger or a new number 10 and we're looking spoilt for choice when he's fit.

As it is,  we don't have any creativity that works when he's injured,  and the team largely picks itself when he's fit, which is what a mid table team looks like.  We need more players to push up the table, will be great seeing what Jack can do working with them. 

This for me too. He's worth far more to us than he's worth to any other team in the league so I don't see him moving. If you add in the fact that he's hardly played for us in the second half of this season then I genuinely don't see who's going to drop the money that we'd want on him.

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Why sign a 5 year deal only 8 months ago? 

Contracts have no bearing on loyalty - he had an offer of doubling his money, a signing on fee and 5 years security, he'd be a fool not to? If he wants to leave whilst the club would try and persuade him otherwise the club would let him go, he owes us very little in fairness.

I say this without any embarrassment: he is one of the best players in the world at the moment, he deserves to play at the highest level in all competitions and he turns 26 this year, he is at prime value for selling himself, if we cant deliver what he craves, then this summer or next summer is when you move. His agent will be in his ear constantly and coupled with his desire to fulfil himself professionally he would be forgiven looking for a move to one of the biggest clubs.

I desperately want him to stay, its crucial to our fast tracking to champions league and beyond.

Edited by thunderball

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Why sign a 5 year deal only 8 months ago? 

I don't think that he is going but I'd assume wages reflecting his performance and status in the game. And from the club's point of view so that they are not held over a barrell to sell him on the cheap.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was given a renewed contract next summer.

44 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Contracts have no bearing on loyalty - he had an offer of doubling his money, a signing on fee and 5 years security, he'd be a fool not to? If he wants to leave whilst the club would try and persuade him otherwise the club would let him go, he owes us very little in fairness.

I say this without any embarrassment: he is one of the best players in the world at the moment, he deserves to play at the highest level in all competitions and he turns 26 this year, he is at prime value for selling himself, if we cant deliver what he craves, then this summer or next summer is when you move. His agent will be in his ear constantly and coupled with his desire to fulfil himself professionally he would be forgiven looking for a move to one of the biggest clubs.

I desperately want him to stay, its crucial to our fast tracking to champions league and beyond.

This is what I've always said about Jack's contract situation. If ever the time comes when he wants to move on I don't see any problems between club and player. There is love and respect there so a deal would be done amicably for the benefit of both parties. Let's hope it never comes to it but that is entirely down to the clubs ambitions and the business they intend to conduct starting right now. 

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Jus wandering does anybody want to talk about how exciting  it will to have even better players around him next season? 

Some of our players have admitted that he raises their game, we've seen this with the likes of Traore.

What could be brilliant, is if the quality of player we bring in, pushed him to increase HIS game even further, and vice versa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of our players have admitted that he raises their game, we've seen this with the likes of Traore.

What could be brilliant, is if the quality of player we bring in, pushed him to increase HIS game even further, and vice versa.

Yes very much looking forward to seeing if we can bring even better quality to build around him this summer

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Maybe, just maybe, Jack’s ambitions are different than what the public tries to claim they are or claim they should be?

Maybe making Europe with Villa, finishing top 4, winning silverware just once as captain here means more to him than playing champions league in another kit ever would?

• Like 1

Â