Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He was getting chopped to pieces the moment he stepped on the pitch. I fully understand his careful approach, he's obviously desperate to get a place in that euros squad. In hindsight Smith probably shouldn't have played him at all today. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a bit off it. Didn't like his bitching about that Douglas pass either, even though he was having a stinker. He's captain, meant to lift his teammates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He really doesn't look match fit. I'm desperate for him to go to the Euros for him and as an England fan. But part of me would also love him to spend the summer recovering. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

he didnt look miles off at all he was just playing for a team that couldnt get the ball to him in decent areas, when he had somthing to do he did it well

Edited by Villa94
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He really doesn't look match fit. I'm desperate for him to go to the Euros for him and as an England fan. But part of me would also love him to spend the summer recovering. 

I think he would be able to cope with that knowing the world cup is literally round the corner

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s a lot to ask of any player to come into a team that’s playing badly and under the cosh, and expect them to change the game in their own. No matter who the player is, and especially when they’ve been out injured for so long. 
 

He’ll get some more time in the next two games but I doing he’ll show enough form to be picked for England on that form alone. Just hope that Southgate picks him with his previous form and ability in mind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem was not Grealish but the turgid, poor performance from the team. Palace were on top and bossing us, we couldn't put more than two passes together.

As a result Grealish had no service, felt for him to be honest.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Problem was not Grealish but the turgid, poor performance from the team. Palace were on top and bossing us, we couldn't put more than two passes together.

As a result Grealish had no service, felt for him to be honest.

Yes comes on and is deprived of any space and the team are on the back foot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a long way off his early season form and will find it hard to get his rhythm back in time for the euros. He doesn't look like he could handle 45 mins at the moment so that will make it hard for him

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is being brought back too soon, in order to get to the Euros, and I hope we don't regret it.

He certainly did not seem to be happy at coming on. I know we were under the cosh at that stage, but it is still not like him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he is being brought back too soon, in order to get to the Euros, and I hope we don't regret it.

He certainly did not seem to be happy at coming on. I know we were under the cosh at that stage, but it is still not like him.

Wouldnt read too much into it other than frustration at teammates going all out headless chicken mode! Also he got clattered a couple of times which the ref ignored. 

He needs as much game time as possible so expect he might start against Spurs and come off if needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is true, I am worried for next season (paragraph 5): https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/harry-kane-transfer-chelsea-manchester-united-b1849097.html

 

We CANNOT sell Jack Grealish this summer. Even if City offer £100m, we should turn it down. For me I wouldn't sell him for anything less than £150m and would simply tell anyone he isn't for sale. He's on a long term deal so there is no pressure to sell him.

 

I don't care if that gives us £200-£250m to spend, spending it wisely is another thing and I'm sceptical we're capable of doing that even with Lange and MacKenzie here.

 

If we sell him then we've genuinely lost the plot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If this is true, I am worried for next season (paragraph 5): https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/harry-kane-transfer-chelsea-manchester-united-b1849097.html

 

We CANNOT sell Jack Grealish this summer. Even if City offer £100m, we should turn it down. For me I wouldn't sell him for anything less than £150m and would simply tell anyone he isn't for sale. He's on a long term deal so there is no pressure to sell him.

 

I don't care if that gives us £200-£250m to spend, spending it wisely is another thing and I'm sceptical we're capable of doing that even with Lange and MacKenzie here.

 

If we sell him then we've genuinely lost the plot.

So you wouldnt sell him for less than 150 million but if we sell him for 150 million we have lost the plot 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So you wouldnt sell him for less than 150 million but if we sell him for 150 million we have lost the plot 🤔

Yes because no one will pay that. £150m was just a figure plucked out of the air. Just say he isn't for sale at any price and move on for Christ's sake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there some Arsenal fans who actually think they could sign him?

I can't tell if it's a joke or not.

Absolutely tragic stuff.

More chance of us signing Saka.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • blandy locked and unlocked this topic
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â