The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, nick76 said:

One of our biggest weaknesses it creativity, we either need to buy two top notch wide players or one CAM and one wide players depending on where Jack plays.  We are desperate for more creativity.  In your scenario that I think you mean we are only going to buy a CAM we aren’t going to be much better than now.

I think a top class CAM with Jack and Traore out wide will see us improve big time.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think a top class CAM with Jack and Traore out wide will see us improve big time.

One injury though and we are screwed plus I’m not convinced on Traore. We need at least four top quality players to cover those three positions for rotation, injuries, tiredness, form, alternatives.  We have Jack...yes maybe Traore, we need at least two more.  We need to think greater than first XI now.  So those four and then El Ghazi and Trez as back up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A 19 Yr old grealish coming through man City with Pep would be absolutely talked about and producing like Foden

You are agreeing with me then.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Phil Foden is 21 in 2 weeks. What was he doing 2 years ago when he was 19?

6 years ago when Jack was 19 he was tearing Liverpool apart in the FA cup. So, no, I don't think he was superior at comparable ages.

If Jack had come though in the absolutely perfect environment that Foden has and is, it's hard to say what he could have achieved by now.

Instead he's endured a circus at Villa in his formative years and come out the other side.

Cheers, I thought Foden was 19! 

I love the fact that Jack had a go at the referee.   All our players should be appealing hard to the referee for every major decision - that’s how the game works nowadays, and that’s what Man Utd and Liverpool players would do.

Whenever  i see Foden for England he's one greedy bastard , Jack seems to be a better team player with a better footballing brain .. so if i was picking one , I'd take Jack over Foden anytime

but that said , England could accommodate them both if Southgate sacrifices one of his 8 defensive players

Surely if we intend to challenge the top 4 spots next season we need to strengthen on the right? Traore is far too hit & miss for a top 4 level team and for me would be ok as an impact sub / backup but not as a 1st choice. 

Maybe he'll prove me wrong and will develop further but i just can't see it due to lack of pace, poor heading abiity & he's just so weak in the tackle. Some nice skills no doubt and can score too as we've witnessed but for me we need another option there especially now Trez is written of for likely a year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Simple. Jack Mount Foden as an attacking 3 behind Kane at the euros. Listen up Gareth 🤣

I can almost guarantee that the hook nosed gryphon will play Sterling no matter what the actual f**k happens and who's on form or not. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I can almost guarantee that the hook nosed gryphon will play Sterling no matter what the actual f**k happens and who's on form or not. 

He will go with "experience" 

At least sterling getting picked for experience is better than Eric Dier getting in on account of the same, been shit for all 45 of his caps but they automatically make him better than someone with fewer... 

That's been the same with England for as long as I can remember, some of the shite that they've given 50 caps to despite not being good enough in cap 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

One injury though and we are screwed plus I’m not convinced on Traore. We need at least four top quality players to cover those three positions for rotation, injuries, tiredness, form, alternatives.  We have Jack...yes maybe Traore, we need at least two more.  We need to think greater than first XI now.  So those four and then El Ghazi and Trez as back up.

Traore, is maverick....great on the eye at times and has it in his locker to surpass most players ability to do the unexpected, but some of his mates, don't know what he is going to do.

Typical of the kind of player he is, he goes missing and off the ball offers very little, he is not a winger like Jack or Snoddy, who stay in the game for long periods.

To get any joy, from him you need top class midfielders who can keep feeding him the ball, and no need for him to track back....He is a luxury player, like Barkley....in terms of workrate they put too much on to the other players.

Their good bits rarely supercede their not so good bits and they become an enigma.

Jack is arguably a winger, maybe not in some eyes, but he brings industry and an ability to stay on the ball, in tight situations, they are rare.....but ball control is crucial and Jack has it in abundance, others get relieved of the ball,so damn easily.

Its all about signing the right players, not just who is available....if the right ones are not available, keep the powder dry, I say.

I worry a bit about Jack, because the time it takes to get this team in shape, Jack might want to move on, we have to get the recruitment right, like we did last summer, but that was one, amongst so many iffy ones of the past.

I think there will be big pressure on Dean to get the balance right, next season.

Edited by TRO

41 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I just do not get the over-hype about Sterling. He is the one City player i am pleased to see on their team sheet when we play them. He has not improved at all since that embarrassment of a tournament when England played Iceland etc and kept just playing the ball backwards & sideways on repeat. Whenever i watch him i am astounded that he gets in that city team (Although actually he hasn't been so much lately). It's truly astonishing to think they are arguing about Grealish/Mount/Foden and yet he gets in without question. Bizarre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Traore, is maverick....great on the eye at times and has it in his locker to surpass most players ability to do the unexpected, but some of his mates, don't know what he is going to do.

Typical of the kind of player he is, he goes missing and off the ball offers very little, he is not a winger like Jack or Snoddy, who stay in the game for long periods.

To get any joy, from him you need top class midfielders who can keep feeding him the ball, and no need for him to track back....He is a luxury player, like Barkley....in terms of workrate they put too much on to the other players.

Their good bits rarely supercede their not so good bits and they become an enigma.

Jack is arguably a winger, maybe not in some eyes, but he brings industry and an ability to stay on the ball, in tight situations, they are rare.....but ball control is crucial and Jack has it in abundance, others get relieved of the ball,so damn easily.

Its all about signing the right players, not just who is available....if the right ones are not available, keep the powder dry, I say.

I worry a bit about Jack, because the time it takes to get this team in shape, Jack might want to move on, we have to get the recruitment right, like we did last summer, but that was one, amongst so many iffy ones of the past.

I think there will be big pressure on Dean to get the balance right, next season.

I think I’m becoming more convinced that Jack will spend his career with us because I’m not convinced any club has the money to spend the money on Jack to the level we want or even close especially because of his injury record.  

Three out of the last four seasons he’s been now out with injury, two of those with the same injury.  That isn’t favouring towards a club paying a huge fee for him.  Even the season before that he was out for two months.  In the last five seasons he’s been out a total of 374 days.

It’s not a no on a club buying him but when clubs look at him and see the special talent he is, will they risk 120m+ plus on a player that consistently only plays two-thirds of the season and is starting to get repeating injuries.

I know I’m trying to convince myself he will spend his career here and I think 100% he’ll be here next season.  I think we need Jack on the wing, and I think we need to buy several top notch creative players to give us options and for injuries.  I am intrigued to see if Jack does get injured next season for a couple of months following the trend because even if he wanted to leave at the end of that season it may hurt him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-grealish/verletzungen/spieler/203460

9C5E4084-0584-4D2C-B78C-4DE3C8A7AC88.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think I’m becoming more convinced that Jack will spend his career with us because I’m not convinced any has the money to spend the money on Jack to the level we want or even close especially because of his injury record.  

Three out of the last four seasons he’s been now out with injury, two of those with the same injury.  That isn’t favouring towards a club paying a huge fee for him.  Even the season before that he was out for two months.  In the last five seasons he’s been out a total of 374 days.

It’s not a no on a club buying him but when clubs look at him and see the special talent he is, will they risk 120m+ plus on a player that consistently only plays two-thirds of the season and is starting to get repeating injuries.

I know I’m trying to convince myself he will spend his career here and I think 100% he’ll be here next season.  I think we need Jack on the wing, and I think we need to buy several top notch creative players to give us options and for injuries.  I am intrigued to see if Jack does get injured next season for a couple of months following the trend because even if he wanted to leave at the end of that season it may hurt him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-grealish/verletzungen/spieler/203460

9C5E4084-0584-4D2C-B78C-4DE3C8A7AC88.jpeg

I think you make good observations....I agree.

problem is, when Jacks out....we can't keep the ball....we need to fix that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you make good observations....I agree.

problem is, when Jacks out....we can't keep the ball....we need to fix that.

I agree, the transfer business this summer is going to be key because I think to do that and for next step we need that extra quality and for me that will determine where I think we'll end up next season.  We need Jack but we also need more from elsewhere to take the load off him and in case he's out injured.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Do you think, Luiz or McGinn could do anything in that CAM role?

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you think, Luiz or McGinn could do anything in that CAM role?

No, not for me. Mcginn doesn't have the touch and creativity in the final 3rd and Luiz isn't dynamic enough. 

I think if Jack isn't moving there it's priority number 1 in the summer. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

No, not for me. Mcginn doesn't have the touch and creativity in the final 3rd and Luiz isn't dynamic enough. 

Yeah....I can see that.

it would be priority no 2 for me, but I guess you get that by now.

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The Office Reaction GIF

Fully agree, a top class & reliable AM will transform us. Or LW if Jack is taking that position.

Neither of them are even close to be able to cut it as an AM.

The only way I see McGinn staying in our side for the foreseeable future is as a disruptor - to harry, hassle and harass the opposition. Break up play and move the ball forwards. 

He’s not technically proficient enough to be anything more than that in a team looking to challenge the top 6.

Luiz will always be a DM or deep lying playmaker in our side, it’s where Dean likes him. He only covers at CM when needs must. I would like to see his long range shooting ability resurface though...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

True about trez. I don't see the club viewing strengthening past Traore as a priority at the moment though. I think he's our starter next season.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking the same, Traore has contributed quite well. He has shown his class and hasn’t even completed a first season with us - I think a few are writing him off way too soon and being too critical. Some of our lesser players have been afforded a lot more time in that sense...

I don’t see why he can’t improve with time and coaching. 

It would be great to get a better player or serious competition for that place though, depends on our ambition and funds.

We need to move beyond either Trez or El Ghazi getting significant game time with us, move them on when/if possible.

• Like 1

Â