The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Jack and Foden in the same side....... Hubba Hubba! Go get him nswe!

That'd be something. Doubt city would sell though.

We need another England stud to put alongside Jack, Foden makes perfect sense because of how they ticked together in the England games.

They would be a pair of wreckers 

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Now Barkley has played himself out of contention might be a good chance to try Jack out in the middle and let Traore and Ghazi keep their places wide.

When he does start we have to do this.  It worked beautifully when we played it last time,  then we went to shit after it was dropped to accommodate Barkley's return.

Jack may well be better on the left wing (I think he's equally brilliant in either position), but our best team with current players has him in the middle and AEG and Traore as the wingers.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

That'd be something. Doubt city would sell though.

We need another England stud to put alongside Jack, Foden makes perfect sense because of how they ticked together in the England games.

They would be a pair of wreckers 

I hope Jack and Foden are never playing club football on the same team because you know what that means!

19 yr old Foden is far superior to 19 yr old Jack. He’ll likely go his whole career at Citeh because even with their infinite money they couldn’t buy a better player. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope Jack and Foden are never playing club football on the same team because you know what that means!

It's a fantastic thought isn't it them both being at Villa.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

19 yr old Foden is far superior to 19 yr old Jack. He’ll likely go his whole career at Citeh because even with their infinite money they couldn’t buy a better player. 

Foden has never played in a poor side, been managed by a poor manager, he's a very talented young lad who is in the right place at the right time. 

On the face of it you're comments are correct but taking everything in to account we will never know how good Jack could be now, under better management though I'd say he would have more weapons in his armoury both at 19 and now.

They have a different skillset, grealish can do things that foden can't and vice versa, grealish runs with the ball and takes players on better than foden, foden statistically will score more goals and has better shooting 

No doubt the national team / Southgate friendly rags will start another grealish vs someone debate soon and that will be foden, rather than attacking Southgate for not being ambitious enough to play both... 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They have a different skillset, grealish can do things that foden can't and vice versa, grealish runs with the ball and takes players on better than foden, foden statistically will score more goals and has better shooting 

No doubt the national team / Southgate friendly rags will start another grealish vs someone debate soon and that will be foden, rather than attacking Southgate for not being ambitious enough to play both... 

one of them must make way for Harry Winks

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If Jack stays left we can get away next season signing only one winger/ right forward. If we move Jack central we need 2 wingers.

If Jack stays left, I don't think we sign any wide players next season. 

El Ghazi and Trez are not the worst back ups to have.

If he moves central then we need to spend big on a new LW. 

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

When he does start we have to do this.  It worked beautifully when we played it last time,  then we went to shit after it was dropped to accommodate Barkley's return.

Jack may well be better on the left wing (I think he's equally brilliant in either position), but our best team with current players has him in the middle and AEG and Traore as the wingers.

I think you could play jack anywhere on the pitch and he'd have a good game

11 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Phil Foden is 21 in 2 weeks. What was he doing 2 years ago when he was 19?

6 years ago when Jack was 19 he was tearing Liverpool apart in the FA cup. So, no, I don't think he was superior at comparable ages.

If Jack had come though in the absolutely perfect environment that Foden has and is, it's hard to say what he could have achieved by now.

Instead he's endured a circus at Villa in his formative years and come out the other side.

Jack came through as the club were hitting rock bottom. He then made things worse with some silly decisions and clearly didn't take football as serious as he should have. 

A 19 Yr old grealish coming through man City with Pep would be absolutely talked about and producing like Foden

Just now, DCJonah said:

I agree. However I still think our right side can do with strengthening. Also we don't know how long Trezeguet will be out for.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

One of our biggest weaknesses it creativity, we either need to buy two top notch wide players or one CAM and one wide players depending on where Jack plays.  We are desperate for more creativity.  In your scenario that I think you mean we are only going to buy a CAM we aren’t going to be much better than now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I agree. However I still think our right side can do with strengthening. Also we don't know how long Trezeguet will be out for.

True about trez. I don't see the club viewing strengthening past Traore as a priority at the moment though. I think he's our starter next season.

Â