The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If it wasn't for the Euros you would guess he would have had surgery. By resting for 3 months he might have a chance of making the Euros. Whether that is a good decision for Jack and the club for the long term is another matter.

Can you have surgery for shin splints?

Don't think he'll be back for Palace either,. he has started loading in training, but the doctor needs to do a report, could be another 2 weeks. I reckon he'll get to play the last game of the season then go the Euro's. 

I think Gareth is about to have a new favourite the amount of time he has spent with Grealish down VP, if he is fit. he's going defo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't think he'll be back for Palace either,. he has started loading in training, but the doctor needs to do a report, could be another 2 weeks. I reckon he'll get to play the last game of the season then go the Euro's. 

I think Gareth is about to have a new favourite the amount of time he has spent with Grealish down VP, if he is fit. he's going defo

I'm actually more concerned about his long term future, than him playing again this season.

I just hope he isn't rushed for us, OR the Euros.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Needs more than 1 game imo to go to the Euros. Even as a firm Grealish for England fan I would need more convincing the lad is fit.

Keegan,  Robson, Beckham, Rooney, England have had their fair share of picking unift players for summer tournaments. It usually doesn't work.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Thanks, Durham asked the question to Darren Gough on Talkshite earlier, as Gough was a former sportsman. He said Running and stuff. 

An example could be when you do a bicep curl. The curl upwards is muscle tension and the downward curl is load. 

Anyone more qualified in such matters feel free to correct me if I've got that wrong. 

17 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Thanks, Durham asked the question to Darren Gough on Talkshite earlier, as Gough was a former sportsman. He said Running and stuff. 

Surprised Darren Gough didn't mistake what he was asking for tanking up on lager...

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm actually more concerned about his long term future, than him playing again this season.

I just hope he isn't rushed for us, OR the Euros.

Agree with this. He’s still young and has another 2 or 3 international tournaments in him. Needs to look after his career and his long term health.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, birdman said:

Loading is force exerted by an object on a muscle as opposed to force exerted by the muscle. 

Yes, but that can include the impact of your foot on the floor,  or another device being pushed against your foot to imitate running.  So Gough was partially correct... giving an example of loading rather than a description of what it is. 

Let's hope that whatever test they did comes back with no adverse reaction. 

If it didn't, then the silver lining of him getting longer to rest by missing the euros,  would surely be outweighed by the long term concern that such a serious lengthy layoff is a career limiting injury.  

Edited by MrBlack

7 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

"Not fit enough to start"

This isn't a Grealish point, but I've never quite understood that philosophy with injured players returning. Especially key players.

Surely, you DO start them. They then play 60 minutes or however long they can survive. But if you use them as a sub the risk of them breaking down after 5 minutes means you waste two subs. Furthermore, they can impact the game and get the team ahead - not coming on probably chasing the game.

If they're not fit enough to start then my view is they're not fit to play.

Is there a footballing reason for bringing injured players on at the end of games rather than the start of them?

That usually only sits when you have a match fit player that has only had a relatively short time out, or has felt a twinge in training. Let me turn it around to you, would you have started Wesley rather than put him on the bench to build up his match fitness?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not a sportsman eithrr as cricket isn't a sport, just an activity, like chess

Imagine him explaining that to an alien

"So what do you that people admire you for?"

"I stand in a field for five days and occasionally throw a ball at someone"

9 hours ago, birdman said:

An example could be when you do a bicep curl. The curl upwards is muscle tension and the downward curl is load. 

Anyone more qualified in such matters feel free to correct me if I've got that wrong. 

What they usually mean in the physio world is a gradual recovery from injury as opposed to say 4 weeks rest then straight back in. Minor increases to volume of training and things like that.

• Like 1

This wont be the last of this injury. It looks like a injury grealish will suffer with throughout his career.

Thats why its absolutely critcial we learn to be able to play without him and not always be so relaint on him

Â