The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like he will be on the bench. Will probably start vs palace

Or Smith is downplaying the fact he could start to ensure he isn’t double marked. I really hope he is sharp and ready for the run in - really want to see him play in the Euros!

Might be a bit much to expect the world from him.  His last game against Brighton he weren't right at all (maybe he was already injured).

He'd been double marked out of a few games prior but that game was different, his touch was completely off and everything.

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Might be a bit much to expect the world from him.  His last game against Brighton he weren't right at all (maybe he was already injured).

He'd been double marked out of a few games prior but that game was different, his touch was completely off and everything.

I'm not expecting much, just one more of these...

happy jack grealish GIF by Aston Villa FC

• Like 2

I think Grealish commits to next season with the hope we can qualify for European football, if not, then I really don't see him staying for another season. Imagine he lights up the Euros, you can bet your bottom dollar that the likes of Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona will come sniffing. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think Grealish commits to next season with the hope we can qualify for European football, if not, then I really don't see him staying for another season. Imagine he lights up the Euros, you can bet your bottom dollar that the likes of Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona will come sniffing. 

Juventus will do well to end the summer in their own league with a quarter of the squad they have at the moment the way things are going in Italy right now. 

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

All well and good but can they pay £150 million at least?

Harry Macguire must be some sort of marker here in the sand and I hope Villa stick to it.

I know finances change due to Covid but that's not our fault, £85 million for Maguire set a precedent. Which is why Burnley wanted £50million plus for Tarkowski.

Foden and Grealish are the two most talented English players, how much for Foden in comparison?

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I'm not expecting much, just one more of these...

happy jack grealish GIF by Aston Villa FC

Who’s the donut trying to head it? Could have prevented one of the great villa park goals

Smith still being very vague about him coming back. We don't have too much to play for except finishing above Leeds and/or Arse and finishing in the top half, but it's been so weird this injury it really has.

I don't quite understand how he's not fit enough to start the game tomorrow night when he was out for the same amount of time in the Champ with a similar injury and came straight back into the first 11 for his first game back against Derby.

Anyway, I don't see Jack going to the Euros. Might be good for us as it will mean the vile media won't be able to market him to other clubs at every opportunity and if he put in some sparkling performances on the biggest stage it would obviously attract other clubs, but I'm gutted for Jack as he obviously wanted to go and it will mean players like Foden and Mount have the opportunity to cement their place in the England team over him. Big shame. 

28 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Smith still being very vague about him coming back...

I don't quite understand how he's not fit enough to start the game tomorrow night when he was out for the same amount of time in the Champ with a similar injury and came straight back into the first 11 for his first game back against Derby.

Well, I would've thought, because injuries/the body doesn't work like that, inconvenient or not. Also, I can't understand why DS hasn't called every one of us up personally to go over any concerns or questions we might have about team selection.

• Like 1

Â