The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

That isn't ever going to happen. They exist because there is a need for them, however much we as fans might dislike them. 

What needs to change is how they are remunerated and that's going to need the whole of footballers to come to some kind of consensus. 

Edited by sidcow

You see I listened to his comments and thought they were a respectful way of saying that the transfer chat could be revisited after the Euros ie if he is fit and sets the tournament alight. 

Also within minutes of this interview with his agent, Jack posts as Insta pic of him in red tracksuit with a blue bag next to him (cue loads of bed wetting comments from fans of Manc clubs). He’s not particularly bright but I do think he’s social media savvy and timed that very deliberately. Obviously he would have known that his agent had just been on tv talking about his future. 

What will be will be. I think unless he has an amazing Euros and can prove a return to form, I think he’ll be a Villa player at the start of next season. (I am hoping this doesn’t feature on the worst predictions thread in 3 months time).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Jack Grealish 's agent, Jonathan Barnett, says his player has no designs on seeking a move away from Aston Villa.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jack-grealish-transfer-update-jose-20543222

Caught this just in an article, hopefully his agent saying that puts it to rest now.

"No designs on seeking a move" eh? Why can't these people just use normal English and say what they mean instead of wrapping everything up in fancy meaningless words to make them sound clever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

"No designs on seeking a move" eh? Why can't these people just use normal English and say what they mean instead of wrapping everything up in fancy meaningless words to make them sound clever.

Unsurprisingly, it's a misquote from the Birmingham Mail. Essentially, he said that Jack's just concentrating on his football and we'll see what pans out...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Unsurprisingly, it's a misquote from the Birmingham Mail. Essentially, he said that Jack's just concentrating on his football and we'll see what pans out...

That's highly unusual from the Meaning Evil that. 

After a statement like "Jack's just concentrating on his football and we'll see what pans out..." I would expect their headline to read "GREALISH AGENT DROPS HUGE HINT ON GREALISH TRANSFER" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

If he does set the Euros alight then minimum price goes from £150m to £200m.

Thats a big if now as firstly he has got to get back to fitness, then he has to get back to where he was, then be selected for the squad and then get picked in the team. 

Anyway, good news is Jack will be back from his injury soon and we’ll get to see him play before the season’s out. He’ll hopefully go to the Euros and have a good tournament before returning fully fit for another season with Villa. 

Anything else is just make believe. 

• Like 2

Interesting to hear Deano say Jack is definitely back in a Villa shirt this season. I'm almost surprised by it. We don't have too much to gain on having him back 2-3 matches compared to giving him more rest. Especially when he might have less rest during the summer. 

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Interesting to hear Deano say Jack is definitely back in a Villa shirt this season. I'm almost surprised by it. We don't have too much to gain on having him back 2-3 matches compared to giving him more rest. Especially when he might have less rest during the summer. 

I think playing for england and going to the Euros is so important for Jack. helping him achieve that while at Villa is massive. Its further proof that hes doesnt need to leave, i think Villa should do all they can to help him realise that.

• Like 1

I actually thought Jack’s agent was basically saying “he’s a top player, I’d love to shift him at some point, but I can’t make him move, he loves Villa”.

Pundits seemed to agree it’s something that won’t happen this summer. No pressure on Villa to sell, and Jack is still young enough to hang around at a non-CL club if that’s his long-term ambition.

• Like 2

Six goals and ten assists in twenty-three appearances is out of this world and those stats only touch on what he brings. If it wasn't for his injury I think we'd be very close to where West Ham are now at least. After his last appearance against Brighton we were eighth just four points off fourth place with games in hand.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

On 09/05/2021 at 10:37, KenjiOgiwara said:

Interesting to hear Deano say Jack is definitely back in a Villa shirt this season. 

I'll believe it when I see it

I doubt he will play both Thursday and Sunday. Blimey the season is  coming to the end now. Have we had the player of the season award yet?  I would probably give to Martinez or Watkins given how many games they have started for us this season. Shout outs to Konsa and Cash as well.

Â