The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not surprised. These time to injuries don't have a set recovery time. No point rushing a player back either, especially when he wants and needs to play a summer tournament.

It would be foolish for him to be included in the England squad if he doesn't play the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

It would be foolish for him to be included in the England squad if he doesn't play the rest of the season. 

You think? I think it's pretty clear he's one of the best English midfielders, and I don't think being out a brief while will stop that from showing itself in a tournament. In fact it might lead to him being more rested and performing better.

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You think? I think it's pretty clear he's one of the best English midfielders, and I don't think being out a brief while will stop that from showing itself in a tournament. In fact it might lead to him being more rested and performing better.

He wont have played any games so will have no match fitness, his last Villa game was 13th February

Yeah if he doesn't play again this season it would be hard to argue if he misses the cut, and is left out of the squad for the Euros. I would say he will need to play the last 3-4 games at the very least, and play well to even stand a chance of making the squad this summer. The injury has come at the worst possibe time for Our challenge for the CL/Europa spots, and for Jack's Euro Championship chance unfortunately.

It's a bit like the Rooney and Beckham metatarsal situation. Best player, heals just in time for the tournament,  with no match fitness, but has to be taken anyway.

Grealiah doesn't have the same volume of performances for England Ithat those two already had, but its not miles away.

Doesn't usually end well,  but if he's "fit" I'd take him. He'll develop the match fitness from the bench,  and if we get far enough to play decent opposition,  he'll be ready by then. That assumes he is given the all clear for his injury and doesn't hide his symptoms (which I suspect he would).

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's a bit like the Rooney and Beckham metatarsal situation. Best player, heals just in time for the tournament,  with no match fitness, but has to be taken anyway.

Grealiah doesn't have the same volume of performances for England Ithat those two already had, but its not miles away.

Doesn't usually end well,  but if he's "fit" I'd take him. He'll develop the match fitness from the bench,  and if we get far enough to play decent opposition,  he'll be ready by then. That assumes he is given the all clear for his injury and doesn't hide his symptoms (which I suspect he would).

Southgate wouldn't do this for Jack. He would for a number of players, but remember his hand was basically forced to call him up in the first place

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

is Grealiah his transvestite alter ego?

Is he missing football because he's starring in the Midland's version of Ru Paul's Drag Race?

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

is Grealiah his transvestite alter ego?

Is he missing football because he's starring in the Midland's version of Ru Paul's Drag Race?

It's amazing what autocorrect fixes, and what it chooses to leave behind. You'd think it would know the amount of times I've typed Grealish...

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think he should go Euros if he doesn’t play for the rest of the season. There’s too much competition in his position. Would be very unfair on whoever missed out if that happened.

But he had to work twice as hard to get picked in the first place 

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

His injury is a good thing in the long run. It has shown up the flaws in our squad. 

I agree, better not at all, but if it had to happen now is a decent time. Has shown us what we need to remain stable in this league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

His injury is a good thing in the long run. It has shown up the flaws in our squad. 

In other benefits it makes him less desirable to other clubs.

Overall,  I'd prefer it hadn't happened at all, but I like to follow the advice of Monty Python.

Â