The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Heard nothing from anywhere, but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he was hooked on something. 

He has historic form for it, and it seems to be a typical thing for true geniuses of their profession to be flawed in some way. Hope it's not true, but on the the other hand,  if he doesn't have a career defining injury then it could actually be for the better... maybe

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Heard again today off a credible source he’s struggling with something, booze/drugs etc. and is in a bad way for something.

Argh, just passing on some info. 

Something is a little off with this so called 'injury'

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but this whole thing just feels weird.

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Foden is top class but he also massively benefits from being surrounded by other class players. The difference I think with Jack is the way he can carry the ball. I have never seen an English player who has such unbelievable close control when running at pace. That’s why he is fouled so often. I would play Foden, Sterling and Grealish if I were Southgate. We would be unplayable.

Bellingham  would be ahead of Sterling for me, the kids on fire.

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t want to believe it either, but I think he’s an individual in trouble with something. 

Yea shin splints,  and that's from a credible source . 

• Like 1

If he was struggling with addiction, 100% he'd have been targeted for a test by now, it's literally the way they work. It's nonsense.

He just has a very serious chronic condition, the club are trying to manage it but struggling. Nothing more than desperation for him to be fit from both club and player

I think people worry and get paranoid that he's addicted to something, but don't want to admit that because don't want it to look like they've been taken in by rumours, so pretend that they've 'heard something'. And also an element of them wanting reasurring replies like this one to ease their worries.

I think the only thing he’s addicted to is taking the ball past player after player. I think too much is being read into this injury, conspiracies are interesting and get you thinking but I don’t think it’s the case for Jack. I have no insider knowledge of course but it seems unlikely to me. 

The story in the press earlier in the year was that there are a number of footballers addicted to a substance that isn't banned and/or undetectable in test. Cant remember exactly which, but either way, it wouldn't matter if those players are being regularly tested. As for whether one of them is Jack, it is purely speculation.

Just hope he gets back on track from whatever the injury/problem is and smashes it for the last few games of of season. Villa need him,  and so do England.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think people worry and get paranoid that he's addicted to something, but don't want to admit that because don't want it to look like they've been taken in by rumours, so pretend that they've 'heard something'. And also an element of them wanting reasurring replies like this one to ease their worries.

Listen to Sigmund Freud over here.  

I don’t believe the rumours as they sound too far fetched but I wouldn’t rule it out completely. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think it’s highly unlikely that Jack could have performed to the standard that he has if he was suffering from substance abuse. Kid has got shin problems. End of. 100%.

Indeed. Just couldn’t happen.

9956CB17-D4D6-406C-9534-E7C223844896.jpeg

Â