The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

59 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Shin splints can take an age to heal if they never get rested long enough, 8 weeks out with shin splints is nothing, a truly frustrating injury to have, as until you are playing/training you won’t know if you are healed fully, you could think you are fully healed and then once force starts going through the bones again the shin splints come back. 

Depends how bad the shin splints are in the first place, if they are bad, you could be out for 6 months +. 

yep this.    It can take ages, it can seem to be fine and then you find out its not when you actually run, etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Bit dramatic. Worse things have happened 

You won't be surprised to find that I disagree with you on the first part.

Have worse things happened in the history of the world? Of course they have 😅 nobody is positioning this otherwise.

You're the one however trying to argue that this is a "blessing in disguise". It's not, it's just shit.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He should focus on being fit for the euros now. 

Firstly do you think Southgate would take him if only has a couple of games under his belt when the season ends. Secondly screw England, let's have him fit for next season.

• Like 1

Should be noted that The World Cup is in November/December 2022; so even if he wasnt fit for the Euros, the WC is only round the corner. Worst thing for us would be him rushing to play in the Euros and coming back injured for the start of the season. Just hope this injury clears up for good, however long that takes. 

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Firstly do you think Southgate would take him if only has a couple of games under his belt when the season ends. Secondly screw England, let's have him fit for next season.

Its important for Grealish that he goes to the euros. we could loose him anyway!

I know Southgate is a massive rocket polisher with a grudge against Jack, but as long as he comes back for a few games at the end of the season and looks fit, I don't see how he doesn't go to the Euros. Most of the wider public know how good he is now and the backlash would be immense if he was left out.

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If he comes back for say only 4 games and looks poor, he'll get left out for Lingard.

Which is probably fair if Lingards current form continues from now and until the end of the season. Jack should be taken regardless really because his a unique talent but if he isn’t fit then you can’t blame Southgate for leaving him out.  There is a lot of competition for places. 

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Well Southgate couldn't wait to pick Lingard who had not played for ages for Man U so he has already set a precident here.... No doubt it would be just lame excuses if the roles were reversed with Grealish however and we'll likely get daft comments like "Oh i didn't think we could take him condisering his lack of games and the form of everybody else" Conveinienetly forgetting he did the exact same thing for Lingard and it's a 100% certainty he would if it was Mount in the same situation as Grealish is now.

There is more & more noise about Grealish being off to Man City in the summer too so are we actually just protecting our main asset prior to a big money sale? You do have to wonder. Hopefully it is just a weird injury though and the other vague "ex player" reports that i read somewhere about him being happy to progress here for another season, are true.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

If it's true and it's shin splints, I have had it, an it's a pig of a injury, although not really a injury. I had to stop my running, used to be out 3-4 times a week, thought it was the cold at first. Started cycling as a physio said it's best to give up running as it never really goes away. I think Gaby had it a little as well, although I remember him saying he suffered extreme lactic acid build up in his legs which finished him really.

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

He should focus on being fit for the euros now. 

I’m English, very proud of being English and watch England games but I’m Villa first and I’d much prefer him to miss Euros and be ready for next season if the injury dictates that.  I want Jack 100% next season not 80% going to Euros and then 80% or worse (because he’s played for England) for us next season.

If he’s 100% and had a good half a dozen games for Villa before he’s goes, then great, he’ll be brilliant for England.  If he doesn’t then I want him right for Villa and England can run and jump.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

Â