The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think Jack being out is a blessing in disguise. It really puts the onus on our squad to show that we aren't a one-man team, and that little flurry against Fulham was the first sign that that's actually true. Hopefully it can be the start of a string of good performances.

Main thing is that we're looking after him and not rushing him back. We want him to have a long career and not be wrecked by the time he's 28.

Blessing in disguise is an odd way of looking at it. The fact that the team has to stand up and play without their stand out player could be seen as a very slight positive I guess. I dont think you get many Juve or Spurs fans saying, great Ronaldo or Kane are out, it'll be good to see how the inferior players end the season for us.

Problem for me is, and part of the reason that I had enjoyed the season so much, is that with Grealish we are very competitive against the top teams, when years before we would have just rolled over against them. Complete breath of fresh air this season in that respect. I don't think we beat or probably even give a game to any of Tottenham, Liverpool, Leicester, Man City, Chelsea, United etc without him. Do we beat Arsenal twice without him? I dont know.

I really hope I'm proved wrong but given we are ending the season against a lot of those teams, plus Everton twice, it's a real real shame that our season could well fizzle out now.

The one positive for me from this is it shows the owners that if we are to base our forward play around one player, then we absolutely need high quality cover in that position going forward. 

I would usually ALWAYS put club before country but in this instance I would accept losing Jack for a few more games if it gave him more chance of going to and performing well at the Euro's. I just think it will be gutting for him to miss out after such a great season (prior the injury) and his performances for us (& England) merit a place in the squad, well the starting eleven truth be told.  

The thing is I don't think the two go hand in hand - He really needs to get back playing ASAP or it will be the perfect excuse for Southgate to exclude him - which will be a travesty (that I can see happening).

Sorry for straying off topic but we have a fantastic opportunity to win the Euro's and I really want to see Grealish be part of it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, est1874 said:

There is nothing positive about Jack being out. I appreciate optimism but let's not stray into bullshit territory trying to find the silver lining in this; there is none.

Our best homegrown player in a generation has missed 8 games already and stands to miss at least 3 more. It's devastated our hopes of Europe this year and all we've proven while he's been injured is that we're at Fulham's level without him.

Leeds level as well 😉

43 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They should have stepped up about 8 games ago.

Agreed. This is very worrying but at least we saw something last week.

Im expecting hammerings next two if we play like qe did first 70 minutes vs fulham.

If he is out until May he still has 6 games to help propel us and get himself into the England squad.

I think it's a real shame he's missing the Liverpool game but with regards the other two he's missing I've got Man City as a write off and West Brom we should be winning anyway.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

If he is out until May he still has 6 games to help propel us and get himself into the England squad.

I think it's a real shame he's missing the Liverpool game but with regards the other two he's missing I've got Man City as a write off and West Brom we should be winning anyway.

I dont mind him misaing the next two but rather he back for wba

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Agreed. This is very worrying but at least we saw something last week.

Im expecting hammerings next two if we play like qe did first 70 minutes vs fulham.

It is very worrying.

I touched on the subject last week there in the Dean Smith thread and how it's the second time now we have looked a shit show when Jack is injured, (First being in the championship).

Does the manager also rely on one player without any plan B?

Equally as worrying if you ask me.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont mind him misaing the next two but rather he back for wba

Yep I'd love him back for it because I want him to muller them (much like I was gutted he missed the Leeds and Wolves games).

We need to be winning this game regardless though, their result last week was a freak.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Yep I'd love him back for it because I want him to muller them (much like I was gutted he missed the Leeds and Wolves games).

We need to be winning this game regardless though, their result last week was a freak.

Results like last week can change your season. It would not shock me if they went on a run now

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is very worrying.

I touched on the subject last week there in the Dean Smith thread and how it's the second time now we have looked a shit show when Jack is injured, (First being in the championship).

Does the manager also rely on one player without any plan B?

Equally as worrying if you ask me.

Even though we won last week had we been playing a better side im confident we would have lost that.

The players need to step up now its not acceptable 

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

What about the tea leaves?

They've said naughty Aston Villa have cruelly locked him in a room to prevent him joining his boyhood club Man Utd/Man City/Arsenal/Gilligham/solihull moors/insert name of club here in a SHOCK 100mill deal

• Like 1

Â