The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, will87 said:

Anyone think these injuries are related to either a.) him having freakishly large lower legs or b.) his tiny shin pads or a combination of both?

Refs aren't protecting him enough. 

It's a disgrace really. 

Players are frequently hammering him down and avoids the yellow card which means they can keep doing it. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, will87 said:

Anyone think these injuries are related to either a.) him having freakishly large lower legs or b.) his tiny shin pads or a combination of both?

Shin splints aren't an impact injury, they are an overuse repetitive stress injury. They often coincide with a large uplift in training schedules to a higher intensity. Which is exactly what Jack did a few years back, he went away and trained like a MF and came back ripped like a beast.

At some point they will need to have an extended period of rest as they won't just go away with careful management. They are also a bastard for recurrences.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maybe they decided to get Grealish fit for Liverpool and give him an extra week rest?

Be awesome if he's back to play against the Plop. 

Shin splints won't clear in a week IME.

10 hours ago, tinker said:

Injured in training after a heavy tackle from Engels.

I saw this on Twitter too but the original tweet was posted April Fool's Day claiming he'd be out for 9 months

29 minutes ago, chappy said:

I saw this on Twitter too but the original tweet was posted April Fool's Day claiming he'd be out for 9 months

Not from twitter and he won't be out for 9 months but he's not back for Liverpool.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Not from twitter and he won't be out for 9 months but he's not back for Liverpool.

I’d be surprised to see him again this season in truth. 

Can’t wait for Smith to come out and say he’s been ‘ill’ again in the next press conference. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d be surprised to see him again this season in truth. 

Can’t wait for Smith to come out and say he’s been ‘ill’ again in the next press conference. 

Based on what?

Let’s say he is out for the rest of the season. That would be close to half the season out for a stress injury that by the sounds of it could return at any time.  Maybe if a big bid was made for him the club would have a decision to make after all....

edit: before anybody gets angry I’m not for a second saying he will be out for the rest of the season or that we are going to sell him in the summer. Just having a discussion. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Based on absolutely nothing at all I think Villa have accepted a huge offer for him and won’t play him again (apart from maybe a cameo at the end of the season).

We would be stupid to accept an offer now as his price could double after a successful Euros 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s say he is out for the rest of the season. That would be close to half the season out for a stress injury that by the sounds of it could return at any time.  Maybe if a big bid was made for him the club would have a decision to make after all....

edit: before anybody gets angry I’m not for a second saying he will be out for the rest of the season or that we are going to sell him in the summer. Just having a discussion. 

It’s a sad but fair point. The plus side for us if it is a recurring injury, other clubs may well be put off dropping big bucks on him. The downside for us is that even if he stays with us, long spells without him are something we might have to become accustomed to. Personally, recurring injury or not, he’s a special player for us that I’d try and keep at all costs.

FWIW, I don’t believe any of the rehab/secret sale conspiracy theories. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Based on absolutely nothing at all I think Villa have accepted a huge offer for him and won’t play him again (apart from maybe a cameo at the end of the season).

Eyes What GIF

I think you're about 2 years too late with that one, that's an old conspiracy theory 

Sleeping tablets addiction is flavour of the month 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I think we’d still play him if that’s what was going on behind the scenes.

Yeah and me, the coke one where we can't play him out of fear that he'll get tested or that he's had a secret ban was daft but not playing him because he has an addiction for something that's not banned? Nah don't see it, especially seeing as he's been going to games 

• Like 1

Â