The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The players are trying out there but it's clear there's a complete lack of confidence on the field we're capable of doing anything without Jack in the final third. Safe and predictable passing.

It's hard work even trying to score a goal out there for last 6 weeks so I dunno but I'm not convinced by yet another bright future if our season basically ends if he dosen't play for two months.

At least our results since mid Feb are the best advertisment around for desperately needing a summer transfer window where we sign quality over quantity.

In fairness Smith has not said at any time that Jack was recovered or even recovering. His terminology was all about "controlling it" which means playing through pain either with or without pain killers. 

I fear its exactly the same injury as last time and he is not going to recover for very many weeks ..... the only question is whether he actually can play through the pain.

Feel for the lad ..... what a time to fall apart !

3 hours ago, slowandlow said:

Not having hes injured

Bare rumours around south brum which I'm inclined to believe tbh

I’m in South Brum so I can explain these bare rumours.

So basically Grealish met Steve Bruce in a kebab shop a few weeks ago. Steve introduced Jack to a new cabbage salad to put in his kebab.

Jack liked the cabbage so much, he has agreed to sign for Newcastle in the Championship next season, so he can find out the secret cabbage recipe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm a smith fan, but he's fuelling the conspiracy theories, the modern social media fan wants info right away. He's injured, that's it, it's obvious the original injury was 6-8 weeks and Smith should have just said that's what it is, anything less would have been a bonus.

The guy has an injury. It's a stress related injury so until you put it through intense work you're never sure how it's going to go. It's frustrating.

All the daft rumours - which range from being addicted to Wine Gums or a Werewolf - are just laughable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

I'm a smith fan, but he's fuelling the conspiracy theories, the modern social media fan wants info right away. He's injured, that's it, it's obvious the original injury was 6-8 weeks and Smith should have just said that's what it is, anything less would have been a bonus.

Why?

Why give the opposition teams any advantage? Who cares what the modern social media fan wants either.

• Like 2

The rumours are mostly being fueld by fans of other clubs who are desperate for them to be true, we don't need Villa fans joining in a fuelling them as well. As if we would be photographing him in training and asking him to pretend that he's fit.

Edited by useless

It would be a typical slanderous attempt by that lot to discredit our best player... (I know incredible how tiny minds work) Basically jealousy manifesting itself as infantile rumour-mongering. 

He's injured nothing more and the originator of this slander should be identified and prosecuted for defamation of character.

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why?

Why give the opposition teams any advantage? Who cares what the modern social media fan wants either.

It's a media driven world now, if jack is out for 3/6/9 months or whatever, why not just state it and temper expectations. We shouldn't respond to rumours but the lack of transparency around injuries is strange, if it's to keep the other teams guessing around his injury status, i still don't see the point, we need to be more than Jack FC. The best sides in the world would miss a player of Jacks quality but the track record of villa and injuries in general is strange, Jack, Barkley Engels, Hause etc., Have all been missing for what we're told is weeks and ends up being months and it just fuels unnecessary rumours.

Edited by VillaJay

22 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I'm in south brum too. Same rumours that went round when he had his kidney injury and the first shin splints problem. Basically, he's not injured but has an ongoing cocaine problem which he keeps periodically getting caught out for, hence the 'suspicious' hushed up injuries with no set end date. Implication being each injury is cover for him serving a drugs ban. The whole FA are in on it to protect their poster boy.

I suffer with shin splints myself, they flare up randomly, sometimes lasts a week, sometimes much longer. 

It's bitter blue nose bollocks, basically. 

Lol wow. What a whole bunch of bollocks but appreciate you keeping us in the loop as I wasn’t aware of this!

Â