The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

It's the media, newspapers and shitty pundits on Sky trying to generate stories and a lot of self promotion.

Don't forget, modern day football was made for the so called big clubs and the likes of Sky have to keep them in the news.

Modern day reporting is rather lazy and a bit pathetic really but it's the world we live in and i'm afraid it aint going away.

If we have the resolve we do not need to sell.

Play hardball with whoever, close the door and get on with what we are trying to achieve.

I think that makes my point in your first three sentences. I just don’t think we’ll have to play hardball because it won’t get that far.  

Everybody knows we’ve rich owners, everybody knows Jack signed a five year deal, we might have a few enquirers to test the water but given the owners they will be rebuffed especially as first offer, even if it got to that, would be low ball offer or a shed load of players plus a fee, which will be rejected out of hand.  The clubs will move on to easier targets as we’ve discussed for ourselves like Barcelona and others who are financially in trouble and easier and cheaper pickings.

Given the way things are working out you could probably buy one of Haaland, Mbappe or Ansu Fati cheaper than Jack.  I love Jack but the big clubs are more likely to plump for them given the easier deal.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

If he has a very good Euro’s you reckon Real Madrid will be sniffing? They haven’t bought a marquee signing since Hazard and have signed players on the back of good tournaments before. Whilst I never want Jack to leave I think I could handle him playing for Real Madrid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he has a very good Euro’s you reckon Real Madrid will be sniffing? They haven’t bought a marquee signing since Hazard and have signed players on the back of good tournaments before. Whilst I never want Jack to leave I think I could handle him playing for Real Madrid.

Irony is, Jack is probably the player they thought they were signing in Hazard.

Prime Hazard is the closest playing style to Jack IMO.

Shame it seems Hazard loves a fry up more than training. lol

On 22/03/2021 at 16:18, Zatman said:

Chance created stat is incredible especially as he rarely takes set pieces 

His xA is excellent as well, so they're high quality chances too.

3rd highest in the league for xA (behind KDB and Bruno), and second for xA per 90 behind only KDB.

It's unreal numbers for a guy who plays for a team of our level 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They have all there eggs in the Mbappe basket and have already lined up Alaba

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Genuine question

How appreciated is Jack by foreign European clubs I wonder?

We’ve loved him for years but it was a while for the rest of England to appreciate his talents, arguably not seriously until last season and even then there was questions about him being too much of a luxury, didn’t score enough goals and just looked good in a poor Villa team.  Obviously now, a large majority have come around to appreciating his talent.

Has he got that European exposure which also lags behind.  Do European giants view him much of muchness with Maddison, Mount and the likes...maybe less because he hasn’t been on the European stage or do they see more in him because of the games against Liverpool or his England appearances.

When European giants think of £80m, £100m or more stars they might be interested in, the likes of Haaland and Mbappe, I wonder if Jack even gets on that list.  

We all believe he does but with all the people who thinks he’ll be off if we end the season poorly despite everything that says he won’t, do the clubs outside of the UK who.are struggling financially anyway really put Jack in that value category? I know these clubs can’t really afford him, my point, question, is if they think he’s in that category.  Exposure lag to his talents, just wondering if he’s seen as a future star by them yet.

Stats wise he's flirting with messi and neymar in some categories so they must at least all know who he is 

Wider question of what they think of English players in general with the answer IMO being they don't represent value for money, when was the last time a top English player went abroad? They know the talent is there as theyre going after the youth but that also shows the market, sign up the youngsters with then the potential to move them on for £100m a few years later 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Genuine question

How appreciated is Jack by foreign European clubs I wonder?

We’ve loved him for years but it was a while for the rest of England to appreciate his talents, arguably not seriously until last season and even then there was questions about him being too much of a luxury, didn’t score enough goals and just looked good in a poor Villa team.  Obviously now, a large majority have come around to appreciating his talent.

Has he got that European exposure which also lags behind.  Do European giants view him much of muchness with Maddison, Mount and the likes...maybe less because he hasn’t been on the European stage or do they see more in him because of the games against Liverpool or his England appearances.

When European giants think of £80m, £100m or more stars they might be interested in, the likes of Haaland and Mbappe, I wonder if Jack even gets on that list.  

We all believe he does but with all the people who thinks he’ll be off if we end the season poorly despite everything that says he won’t, do the clubs outside of the UK who.are struggling financially anyway really put Jack in that value category? I know these clubs can’t really afford him, my point, question, is if they think he’s in that category.  Exposure lag to his talents, just wondering if he’s seen as a future star by them yet.

He is making the media in Italy and Spain but not really as a mainstream player for a transfer, but as a throwback maverick No.10 and they are obviously leading with the boyhood Villa fan and captain angle. He is regarded 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Stats wise he's flirting with messi and neymar in some categories so they must at least all know who he is 

Wider question of what they think of English players in general with the answer IMO being they don't represent value for money, when was the last time a top English player went abroad? They know the talent is there as theyre going after the youth but that also shows the market, sign up the youngsters with then the potential to move them on for £100m a few years later 

Not goals though and thats what they pay the top bucks for. 

15 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think that makes my point in your first three sentences. I just don’t think we’ll have to play hardball because it won’t get that far.  

Everybody knows we’ve rich owners, everybody knows Jack signed a five year deal, we might have a few enquirers to test the water but given the owners they will be rebuffed especially as first offer, even if it got to that, would be low ball offer or a shed load of players plus a fee, which will be rejected out of hand.  The clubs will move on to easier targets as we’ve discussed for ourselves like Barcelona and others who are financially in trouble and easier and cheaper pickings.

Given the way things are working out you could probably buy one of Haaland, Mbappe or Ansu Fati cheaper than Jack.  I love Jack but the big clubs are more likely to plump for them given the easier deal.

Just put him in high wages, big clubs soon be put off going for him and God knows he does all he can for the club so it wouldn't be as if he didn't deserve it..

3 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Won't happen ... how could he leave Nike when they provided him with that white number from Sunday night ... 🤮

I actually loved that Jumpsuit and the commentators were going in about it for some time and having a giggle about they wouldn't be seen dead in it because it wouldn't suit them.

He's advertisement sitting just right there every game for sure, forget catwalk modelling, just plonk your arse like Grealish on a football seat and get Noticed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I actually loved that Jumpsuit and the commentators were going in about it for some time and having a giggle about they wouldn't be seen dead in it because it wouldn't suit them.

He's advertisement sitting just right there every game for sure, forget catwalk modelling, just plonk your arse like Grealish on a football seat and get Noticed.

Dave, I'm guessing you're a bit younger than me.  I take my hat off to anyone with the cohunes to wear that jump suit!

World class footballer and a good looking boy = great advertising board, hence why, I guess, these four brands are chasing so hard. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Dave, I'm guessing you're a bit younger than me.  I take my hat off to anyone with the cohunes to wear that jump suit!

World class footballer and a good looking boy = great advertising board, hence why, I guess, these four brands are chasing so hard. 

Do not know I'm 40 and trying to shift this weight on me, so training in the parks with Nike shorts, Beanie and addidas trainers on at Half five in morning and it's a struggle to point I feel if don't change myself I will feel old 🤣..

Despite my age I would still wear that Jumpsuit to be honest.. I've got this Quicksilver psychodelic skiing Coat and when I've shaved me head and beard I get it on and I can honestly say I also feel like an advertisement board. Do you know why you feel like that it's because everyone's looking at you for one reason or another and the fact no one else has it hardly. Also the fact when people usually wear something it's always bland colours like Black, Grey, white, get something colourful or crazy on and you get noticed because your stand out.

I'd love to sit next to Jack with me psychodelic Jacket on, excuse the state of me I was up all night raving lol..

Reckon I could pull it off with Jack to be fair, extra advertisement 🤣🤣..

0_1616657685810.jpg

Edited by Dave-R
  • Shocked 1

Â