The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Based on those stats... Grealish, Sancho and presumably Kane up front.

Assuming Jack's injury layoff doesn't have any major consequences.

But it's the rocket polisher Southgate who is in charge of this generation of promising talent, which is concerning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

But it's the rocket polisher Southgate who is in charge of this generation of promising talent, which is concerning.

Yep, you should look at that and think we're going to beat everyone in the world 4-3

Unfortunatly we have a manager who shares the same snatch a 1-0 mentality as Steve bruce (I'm aware that we'll put 8 past San Marino) 

Completely the wrong manager for such ability in attack 

• Like 1

not sure if this has been posted but World Soccer magazine dont write these biographies unless you are top of the tree

Jack Grealish is the talk of the town after a sensational season for both Aston Villa and England, captaining his boyhood club in the Premier League and becoming a key man ahead of Euro 2020

Sublime Brazilian-like ball skills. Lashings of boldness and imagination. Exceptional ability to dribble at pace. Slicked back hair. Socks at half-mast revealing shin pads the size of a postage stamp. On the field of play, Jack Grealish has no trouble standing out in a crowd.

It’s what he’s always done, even cutting a conspicuous footballing figure as an infant. Just ask long-serving Midlands talent spotter Jim Thomas, who first clapped eyes on Jack when
the Birmingham-born showstopper was just six years old. Thomas, whose list of discoveries includes Villa, Liverpool and Rangers winger Mark Walters, Manchester United wide-man Lee Sharpe and Derby County striker Dean Sturridge, still has vivid memories of that damp Sunday morning back in 2002, turning up at a park in the Shirley district of Solihull and watching open-mouthed as the kid in the oversized shirt turned on the style for Highgate United in a six-a-side encounter.

“You couldn’t fail to miss him,” Thomas told the Birmingham Mail last year. “As soon as I’m there, he’s got the ball in his own penalty area and has dribbled right through the team. He
was very small. It was like looking at Maradona.”

More on link below

https://www.worldsoccer.com/best-of-ws/player-biography-jack-grealish-411613

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2021 at 09:05, Risso said:

I support the team, not the manager.

I have a Chelsea supoorting mate who said something similar when they ditched Frank Lampard.  He's not saying stuff like that any more.

Doesn't everyone?

And the progress of the Team these last few years has been amazing. We finished 17th and Jack signed a new deal with Smith as manager, after hearing the long term plans for the club.

• Haha 1

On 23/03/2021 at 04:22, MrBlack said:

Based on those stats... Grealish, Sancho and presumably Kane up front.

Assuming Jack's injury layoff doesn't have any major consequences.

Possibly, I do think those stats skew how good Foden is as well though.

If you had never watched the players play.

On 21/03/2021 at 23:03, Risso said:

He'll be off in the summer, and not sure I blame him. Unless the club replace Smith with a real managerial heavyweight and have a splurge on top level players, he's not going to stick around for another season of this.

This is the increasing worry.

Do the board just keep handing him renewed massive contracts to appease him while we wait for Smith to get the club back to the heights that we want to be at - part of Europe's elite.

I fear this method won't last forever and it wouldn't suprise me if Jack starts glancing over his shoulder eventually at the other clubs pursuing him that are part of Europe's elite already, if we cannot get there ourselves.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Do the board just keep handing him renewed massive contracts to appease him while we wait for Smith to get the club back to the heights that we want to be at - part of Europe's elite.

I fear this method won't last forever and it wouldn't suprise me if Jack starts glancing over his shoulder eventually at the other clubs pursuing him that are part of Europe's elite already, if we cannot get there ourselves.

Back to Europes elite 😂😂😂😂

We have played 1 European final in history, havent played in Europe since 2010 and only once went past Christmas in Europe in the 21st century

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We seem to be going around in circles with the Jack conversations. Let’s just say he wants to leave which is understandable. The club even accept that if the price is right. Now which club out there is going to spend 100M + on Jack. I just can’t see it. 

Which is why I don’t get how people can say ‘he’s gone in the summer’ with so much certainty. Who the hell is going to pay for him?

I see a Wilfred Zaha type situation where his valuation just isn’t met and he has to stay.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have played 1 European final in history, havent played in Europe since 2010 and only once went past Christmas in Europe in the 21st century

So you don't want to see us playing in the Champions League, no?

Think about what you're posting rather than stupid pedantic replies for the sake of it.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Looks like even stronger reasons for Jack to leave us then if he has any ambitions to play in European competitions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can I ask who is pursuing Jack?  Honestly 

We had no bid from Man Utd in the end last season despite us being on our heels for longer than any of us liked and then he signed a five year contract

Some managers have said they really admire him but where is this pursuing of him.  A few rag tabloids have done the usual on a slow news day and linked him with no source or anything other than guessing and then moved next day to another player.

He's one of the best players around but only a few can afford him and we've already gone through why they wont and to be fair there has been no serious links anywhere.

Only really Man City can afford him and we have all debated why in my opinion that wont happen re the other players they have and the expense Jack would take to go there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Can I ask who is pursuing Jack?  Honestly 

We had no bid from Man Utd in the end last season despite us being on our heels for longer than any of us liked and then he signed a five year contract

Some managers have said they really admire him but where is this pursuing of him.  A few rag tabloids have done the usual on a slow news day and linked him with no source or anything other than guessing and then moved next day to another player.

He's one of the best players around but only a few can afford him and we've already gone through why they wont and to be fair there has been no serious links anywhere.

Only really Man City can afford him and we have all debated why in my opinion that wont happen re the other players they have and the expense Jack would take to go there.

It's the media, newspapers and shitty pundits on Sky trying to generate stories and a lot of self promotion.

Don't forget, modern day football was made for the so called big clubs and the likes of Sky have to keep them in the news.

Modern day reporting is rather lazy and a bit pathetic really but it's the world we live in and i'm afraid it aint going away.

If we have the resolve we do not need to sell.

Play hardball with whoever, close the door and get on with what we are trying to achieve.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Like I've said. It's not Dean's problem that part of our fanbase have become insane and refuse to be patient.

• Haha 2

Jack Grealish set to receive four offers as new summer 'bidding war' emerges - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Jack Grealish set to receive four offers as new summer 'bidding war' emerges

Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish is currently sponsored by Nike but rival manufactures are reportedly chasing the England international's signature

Over to you Nassef - Adidas for the win?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Â