The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

There are very few players who can do things on their own, without relying  too much on service, they just need the ball......Jack is such a player.

Thierry Henry as an example was a player who could score on his own, didn't need it on a plate, so to speak.

They are gems, very difficult to come by, they have ball control in abundance and move around with it tied to their boot.

In our current position, we would be unable to sign such a player......so why on earth, should we sell one?

This coming transfer window will be an important one, we do need a couple of top class players to come in, and help Jack more than he is getting.

I honestly thought Barkley, would be better than he has turned out to be, and be such a player.....seems far fetched now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

This coming transfer window will be an important one, we do need a couple of top class players to come in, and help Jack more than he is getting.

ye, honestly i think this transfer window will be super super critical.

as you say, we need 2, or maybe even 3 really top players, and i dont mean "good" players, i mean the type of players to take us to the next level and give us a chance of challenging for top 7/8.

Another reason this is so important, is if we really want to push on and keep Grealish, we need to see these kinds of moves in the market to show we are going in the right direction.

I think if we dont do that this summer, we are basically saying to Grealish, "you will need to move on for real success".

i really hope we make a big statement this summer......

i really think we need two next level midfielders and a next level right winger/inside forward, and thats on top of the core area's we need to invest in like RB/LB.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

This, i think we have inflated jack's ego by allowing him to become the main man and captain (rightly so btw). The culture shock of suddenly going city and being on the bench for maybe a third of the season could be really damagong for hin

Ask Barry or Milner if they regretted the Man. City moves.

Barry was actually a regular for vast majority of his time there, Milner more of utility/bench player but they still won a couple of league titles and played pretty much every year in CL.

All that said I think we'll have Jack here for one more season regardless. Think it will be more of an issue when he gets to 27/28 and only has something like two years left on his deal as then you're at peak years and suddenly isn't as much career left so he'll have a decision to make like Barry did.

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, honestly i think this transfer window will be super super critical.

as you say, we need 2, or maybe even 3 really top players, and i dont mean "good" players, i mean the type of players to take us to the next level and give us a chance of challenging for top 7/8.

Another reason this is so important, is if we really want to push on and keep Grealish, we need to see these kinds of moves in the market to show we are going in the right direction.

I think if we dont do that this summer, we are basically saying to Grealish, "you will need to move on for real success".

i really hope we make a big statement this summer......

i really think we need two next level midfielders and a next level right winger/inside forward, and thats on top of the core area's we need to invest in like RB/LB.

I agree.

i Have transferred my reponse to the Summer Transfer Thread.

Edited by TRO

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ask Barry or Milner if they regretted the Man. City moves.

Barry was actually a regular for vast majority of his time there, Milner more of utility/bench player but they still won a couple of league titles and played pretty much every year in CL.

All that said I think we'll have Jack here for one more season regardless. Think it will be more of an issue when he gets to 27/28 and only has something like two years left on his deal as then you're at peak years and suddenly isn't as much career left so he'll have a decision to make like Barry did.

If he stayed with us his entire career, he would probably end up with a statue of himself outside Villa Park...
Whether he wins trophies or medals or not... He loves this club... He was born in Birmingham and has supported us since he was a dot...

Mark Noble stayed at West Ham his whole career... and he is/was, admittedly, a good player...

If we continue to progress, why cant Jack stay?

Im pretty sure we’ll be going big on those 3/4 proper quality signings to beef up the squad. Jack wont be sold. No chance. The owners will not sanction setting us back significantly no matter what anyone wants to bid (dont think anyone would meet our valuation anyway). Everything points to us really going for it next season imho

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

If he stayed with us his entire career, he would probably end up with a statue of himself outside Villa Park...
Whether he wins trophies or medals or not... He loves this club... He was born in Birmingham and has supported us since he was a dot...

Mark Noble stayed at West Ham his whole career... and he is/was, admittedly, a good player...

If we continue to progress, why cant Jack stay?

I suspect he will want to test his mercurial talent with the best at the highest level at some stage....He does love the club and he has a very special relationship with it....I would guess, he is consulted on things beyond his remit, such is his value to us....He won't get that anywhere else....In Fifa ratings jack is 83 and Emi 81....the rest are in the upper 70's.......we need some new players in the 80's to keep Jack Happy.

but you only get one shot at this and he is blessed with a very special talent......The only way I see him staying is if our owners are very stubborn to keep him and recruit aggressively in supporting talent to compliment Jack.

That could be very costly and very risky....but I will say this, if these owners don't do it, nobody will.

Our owners so far, have been unbelieveable, so no criticism from me, all praise....just stating what I think.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

I suspect he will want to test his mercurial talent with the best at the highest level at some stage

I understand your point and maybe you are right but maybe you aren’t.

The reason I don’t think it’s a factor for at least for couple more seasons is that he signed a five year deal, not two, three or four so he’s in it for the long term.  He knows that severely restricts him being able to leave easily for years, he’s brought into the project that he knows will take years to achieve and he’s happy here.  He’s already said this season how happy he is with the progress.  

We are also at least a top ten team in the best league in the world, which is nothing to sniff at.  We are currently competing with Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton for league position in our second season back.  

Yes we aren’t in the Champions League but the Premier League is the highest level outside of the Champions League and this season we have competed. He’s with his home town club, family and friends close by and hero to many, nevermind the big salary and being captain.  

Yes moving to Man City would be a big step up but being at Villa isn’t a shoddy second either.  Jack is a Villa fan, all I ever wanted to do as a kid was play at the highest level with Villa, Jack is close to doing that.  Growing up my dream wasn’t to be a part player potentially winning trophies at Man City.  Jack could’ve left in the summer if he wanted more, he could’ve signed a shorter contract if he wanted more but he didn’t he signed a five year contract, he’s here to stay.  He would’ve got reassurances from the owners I’m sure and so far they haven’t let us down but fans still fear the worst.

Villa isn’t a shoddy second, he plays on one the highest platforms in the world in the premier league and plays for and is captain of his home town club.  

Sometimes it seems our fans undervalued the league we are in, the level we’re are playing at and the club we are.  Yes Man City is going to win trophies but the grass isn’t always greener and Jack has put all his eggs in Villa’s basket signing the five year contract.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I understand your point and maybe you are right but maybe you aren’t.

The reason I don’t think it’s a factor for at least for couple more seasons is that he signed a five year deal, not two, three or four so he’s in it for the long term.  He knows that severely restricts him being able to leave easily for years, he’s brought into the project that he knows will take years to achieve and he’s happy here.  He’s already said this season how happy he is with the progress.  

We are also at least a top ten team in the best league in the world, which is nothing to sniff at.  We are currently competing with Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton for league position in our second season back.  

Yes we aren’t in the Champions League but the Premier League is the highest level outside of the Champions League and this season we have competed. He’s with his home town club, family and friends close by and hero to many, nevermind the big salary and being captain.  

Yes moving to Man City would be a big step up but being at Villa isn’t a shoddy second either.  Jack is a Villa fan, all I ever wanted to do as a kid was play at the highest level with Villa, Jack is close to doing that.  Growing up my dream wasn’t to be a part player potentially winning trophies at Man City.  Jack could’ve left in the summer if he wanted more, he could’ve signed a shorter contract if he wanted more but he didn’t he signed a five year contract, he’s here to stay.  He would’ve got reassurances from the owners I’m sure and so far they haven’t let us down but fans still fear the worst.

Villa isn’t a shoddy second, he plays on one the highest platforms in the world in the premier league and plays for and is captain of his home town club.  

Sometimes it seems our fans undervalued the league we are in, the level we’re are playing at and the club we are.  Yes Man City is going to win trophies but the grass isn’t always greener and Jack has put all his eggs in Villa’s basket signing the five year contract.

What a post!
I wholeheartedly agree!
If we continue to improve, show ambition, raise eyebrows and make people sit up and notice us as a club and want to play for us, we will only improve and get better... and I hope that Jack will want to be a part of that instead of upping sticks and moving somewhere else...

The only reason he was nearly going to go a few years ago was because we were financially buckled... He didnt want to leave, but he knew he might have to to save the club...

We have fantastic owners now who saved us at the last minute, and since they have been at the helm, we have gone from strength to strength...
Jack has improved...
Dean has improved...
Villa have improved...

As long as we dont start regressing like we did during the Lerner years, I reckon Jack will stick around...

He will want to win trophies for Villa more than any other club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hopeful jack plays tomorrow. Smith said "ultimately it will be his decision". Jack always wants to play!

For me, depends if he’s 100% back.  If he’s not 100% then because we havent got a game for two weeks, then sit back and watch Jackie.  Obviously I desperately want him to play, we desperately need him to play but I’d happily sacrifice one game now and have him ready and firing on all cylinders for the final 10 games starting two weeks time.  I don’t want him back too early and get crocked again.

A solid two week break could be awesome for Jack because come the other side of it, he’ll scare anybody.  A fresh, 100% Jack in full flight will be scary for any team...don’t want a slight knock to hinder that.

I think we'll offer him another new contract in the summer. Stick an extra year on keeping him at five years while there's not much chance of any bids of note coming in.

The issue isn't giving Jack "what he's worth", it'll be the gap developing between Jacko and other members of the squad.

Good comment today from young Smith Rowe at Arsenal. He said Grealish and Pogba were the best players he's ever played against.

Â