The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think he’ll play Sunday but I also don’t think the above is true. I’m sure he would have loved to go but he could be back fine on Sunday and Southgate could still have opted to name a squad based on current form and fitness, and he’s missed the last five games. If he IS back Sunday I think he’s just been unlucky with timing.

Ideal for him (not us) is he plays Sunday and someone else picks up a knock and he gets the call up. Ideal for us is he gets the rest, but then he likely misses the Euros.

Eric Dier says hello

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Is this the last internationals before he picks the Euros squad?  Must be worrying for Jack, Southgate seems like he’ll take any excuse he can to not pick him.

He better call him up. I got a bet on here with someone that he will feature in every important game. I can’t remember who the bet was with and how much for. But there’s a bet somewhere! 

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm more inclined to  say they will be going for an Mbappe or Haaland for big bucks.

City for all the money dont really spend that big on transfers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

True, but bare in mind they have been targeting more than one player per window to build up.

I could see them making an exception for a long term replacement for Aguero.

As another poster commented, it's literally all they need.

Wouldn't surprise me if they blew their whole budget on one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, but bare in mind they have been targeting more than one player per window to build up.

I could see them making an exception for a long term replacement for Aguero.

As another poster commented, it's literally all they need.

Wouldn't surprise me if they blew their whole budget on one.

It all makes sense for most people but Pep doesn't really sign strikers 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

You could argue what they spent on KDB and Mahrez back when they signed them is the equivalent of near 100 million now for players of that calibre. 

They also tend to buy several players each summer but I don’t think they need to do that this time around such is the strength of the squad.  I think one massive signing will happen. 

• Like 1

It looks very unlikely that he will play on Sunday. I was really hoping he would make it! Hopefully the rest of the boys will up their games a bit. A win against Spurs, without Jack, would do us all the world of good!

• Haha 1

So he's apparently "excited to join city"

Last year he was excited to join UTD, the year before he had his heart set on Tottenham. Look, he may leave, who knows. City are a team that most players in the world would struggle to turn down. But rags are rags, I don't believe a single fecking word. 

If its city we should try get a player from them and cash. 

Cant stop him if ita city but i reckon we could milk 90m if its them.

I think jack would ruin his career going city personally as pep wont let him do what he wants on the pitch like hw does here. Also he going ti be benched alot just like peps been doing with whole squad

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If its city we should try get a player from them and cash. 

Cant stop him if ita city but i reckon we could milk 90m if its them.

I think jack would ruin his career going city personally as pep wont let him do what he wants on the pitch like hw does here. Also he going ti be benched alot just like peps been doing with whole squad

This, i think we have inflated jack's ego by allowing him to become the main man and captain (rightly so btw). The culture shock of suddenly going city and being on the bench for maybe a third of the season could be really damagong for hin

• Like 1

15 hours ago, av1 said:

So he's apparently "excited to join city"

Last year he was excited to join UTD, the year before he had his heart set on Tottenham. Look, he may leave, who knows. City are a team that most players in the world would struggle to turn down. But rags are rags, I don't believe a single fecking word. 

It's all good damn Bull shit, no one knows except the club and Jack himself what's going on, not unless they have some spy inside of Villa and I severely doubt that.

These media rumours are full of crap there is never no evidence, no voice of Jack saying he's excited or anyrhing of Villa saying he's off.

It's annoying as hell and its most likely coming from media who are supporting these clubs and come out with such horse shit to get everyone reading and excited at the prospect.

UK media is so crap when it comes down to this, they are not like they used to be when they actually went around finding story's and earnt there money, now they sit at home and look for one little tiny spark to start the rest off.

Jack could be having a drink in a pub and someone says what you think of city or its and he says they are a great team. All of a sudden there's a reporter that spins that and takes it to the next level and more and totally explodes that simple convo into a volcano of shit.

Grealish could be wiping his ass with Man city or utd toilet paper and all of a sudden the media would find out and spin that somehow into he wants to join city or utd.

Edited by Dave-R

Not like City re smack full of players who could realistically move in a cash + player deal. Zinchenko perhaps but that's pretty much it.

I'd take money thanks, and lots of it. Rather he stays of course.

• Like 1

We need to offer him a bumper new contract, keep him here, let him know the team is being built around HIM!

If we are going to sell him? It needs to be for a world record amount... If we are going to sell the best player we have had in a generation, we need to make sure we get the money back in to boost every single aspect of the team...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He better call him up. I got a bet on here with someone that he will feature in every important game. I can’t remember who the bet was with and how much for. But there’s a bet somewhere! 

You've landed yourself in it now. There are going to be a lot of people getting on to you if he doesn't feature.

Â