The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It would seem that his problems are with his shins or at least in his lower leg and are related to wear and tear. 

It'll be interesting to see if this means we'll need to manage his playing time over the next couple of seasons - if he needs more of a break from time to time, then the addition of international football might be a bit of a pain for us. I think we've probably seen the end of Jack playing in the League Cup against lower league sides and it might be a problem for us if we qualify for Europe.

I think it probably emphasises our need to go out and get better quality depth on the wings this summer - if we're going to be playing 50+ games a season in a year or two, then we probably need to plan to be without Jack for at least a dozen of those.

All we need to do is sub him when winning, it's not uncommon to do that. For some reason we play him 90mins nearly 50 games straight, with some games being within 48hours 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

All we need to do is sub him when winning, it's not uncommon to do that. For some reason we play him 90mins nearly 50 games straight, with some games being within 48hours 

Easier said than done. 

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

How do you know it's just an excuse?

He's injured.
He's been injured badly for a few weeks. He'll be back after the international break for us I Imagine. The weird and wonderful tales Smith is telling in the press conferences have just been to keep the opposition guessing. I was just surpised they went with the 'ill' line. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's injured.
He's been injured badly for a few weeks. He'll be back after the international break for us I Imagine. The weird and wonderful tales Smith is telling in the press conferences have just been to keep the opposition guessing. I was just surpised they went with the 'ill' line. 

Certainly is a bit funny this. A few of us said 'he won't be back untill after the international break', and that's seemingly more and more likely. This dragging us fans along is a bit tedious in all honesty.

They don't have to tell us anything, absolutely anything. But when a number guessed it would be like this, there's a potential problem with that.

It’s bizarre.

What is it, Injured or ill?

If he’s ill why hasn’t Dean said he’s recovered from the injury but since become ill. 

Something doesn’t sit right with it. 

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

It’s bizarre.

What is it, Injured or ill?

If he’s ill why hasn’t Dean said he’s recovered from the injury but since become ill. 

Something doesn’t sit right with it. 

Because he is being as vague as possible with the situation. Grealish is injured, they just don't want the opposition knowing this in the build up to the match. They'll continue with the daft cover up's and nonsense about him 'getting back onto the grass' or whatever it is they were talking about last week. And that's fine, the club don't have to tell us what's going on if they think it's in their best interests come matchday. 

It just amuses me that every press conference, they come up with something different. 

It is what it is, yes, but in the meantime we don't have anyone capable of unlocking the opposition, so it's hard news for most realists to take.

The thought of going to Steve Bruce's Newcastle and not winning is just deeply depressing but that's the likelihood without Jack.

It's been said a hundred times but how we've managed to spend approx £200m over the last 2 years and still not have a creative player who can even do a half-job of filling in for Jack is ridiculous.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It is what it is, yes, but in the meantime we don't have anyone capable of unlocking the opposition, so it's hard news for most realists to take.

The thought of going to Steve Bruce's Newcastle and not winning is just deeply depressing but that's the likelihood without Jack.

It's been said a hundred times but how we've managed to spend approx £200m over the last 2 years and still not have a creative player who can even do a half-job of filling in for Jack is ridiculous.

I am kind of on board with this statement. We absolutely need to buy at least 2 attacking players in the summer with skill and guile. 

We've ended up with three wide players in Trez, El Ghazi and Traore who are all shite for 75% of the time. When Jack isn't fit, we really do see the overall quality in the team drop by about a third, he's that important.

Oh and the bollocks that Smith comes out with whenever Greaish is injured is tedious beyond belief. Why not just say he's out for 6 weeks in the first place.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Certainly is a bit funny this. A few of us said 'he won't be back untill after the international break', and that's seemingly more and more likely. This dragging us fans along is a bit tedious in all honesty.

They don't have to tell us anything, absolutely anything. But when a number guessed it would be like this, there's a potential problem with that.

Was exactly the same with Barkley, he was set to play in all our games over xmas if you went by DS comments but it was too cold or whatever.

Not worth the wait on his return though.

Â